It’s finally time to open our Pokemon tournament registration! Please make sure to go over the rules one more time so there’s no confusion. They are located after the jump as well as the registration forums. We hope that everyone enjoys!
Welcome to the first ever Pokemon tournament hosted by 91.8 The Fan. Let me introduce myself; my name is Chris, but you can just call me professor; I will be your tournament director. As tournament director I will be taking care of everything involving the tournament specifically, so if you have any comments, questions or concerns, please feel free to send me a PM on the Forums. Following this introduction is a list of rules that must be followed at all times by all entrants. Please read everything, and enjoy!
- There are eighteen unusable Pokemon as outlined by the Battle Tower rules
- Each party will be made up of six individual Pokemon. No duplicates allowed!
- All Pokemon are to be auto-leveled to 50
- Absolutely no one-hit KO moves allowed (Fissure, Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold)
- There are four additional banned moves: Double Team, Minimize, Sand-Attack, and Smokescreen.
- All hold items are allowed
- Each Pokemon may hold an individual item. No two Pokemon may hold the same item
- Tournament is open to all of the fourth generation games
- Tournament will be done in a double elimination bracket
- All first round match-ups will be decided completely at random
- All battles are single battles
- Tournament will begin on March 17th and end on March 21st
- Registration will open on March 10th, when it does both the forum topic and this post will be updated with a submission forum.
- Registration is open to any members of the 91.8 community who have signed up on the forums. This includes all staff members!
- At the end of each battle, the winner is to send a Personal Message to the Tournament Director stating that the outcome of the match. This Personal Message will be forwarded to the loser who must reply saying they accept, thus making the match officially concluded.
- Each round will have a set date and time in which it MUST be completed. If the match is not completed on time, the offending member will be subject to disqualification.
The following list of Pokemon may not be used in the tournament.
Please note: Any member who breaks the tournament rules, or rules of the forums will be subject to removal of the tournament without warning. These rules will be enforced with a no excuse policy.
And there you have it Fanatics! A full list of rules you are encouraged to review and know upon registering for the tournament. But while you’re doing that, why not check out these suggestions I’ve put together for you before you embark on your quest for victory.
- Know your Pokemon! Use a team with variety so you can compete with the many different types throughout the Tournament
- Test your wi-fi connection beforehand! This is an important one, because if you cannot connect to your opponent, you will have to be removed from the Tournament!
- If you feel a member has broken any of the rules, please send me a Personal Message including all the details you have regarding the issue and it will be dealt with accordingly.
- Have fun! Don’t be a sore loser. Even if you lose, congratulate your opponent on the win! It’s a friendly tournament that we are all meant to enjoy!
Well Fanatics, that’s all I’ve got for you! Now that you’ve reached this point, you are all ready to pit your Pokemon against other Pokemon in a battle for the ages! I wish you luck in your quest to become champion!
Good luck and have fun!
- Is there a prize?
I’m glad you asked! Thanks to GameTag stores, the winner of the winner’s bracket will receive their choice of either Pokemon: Heart Gold or Pokemon: Soul Silver!
- What does Double Elimination mean?
Double Elimination means that if you lose your match-up in the first bracket, you have another chance in the loser’s bracket! The winner of the loser’s bracket get’s which ever version of the game the winner of the winner’s bracket didn’t take.
- What happens after the winners of the two brackets are announced?
We have them battle it out to decide the champion of the first ever Pokemon Tournament on 91.8 The Fan of course! What’s better than a prize AND bragging rights?!
- Who came up with these rules?
Believe me, my curious little friend! These rules have been discussed and specially tailored over the past couple months to suit and please as many people as possible! I owe many thanks to all the staff for making this possible.
- Can my friend join?
If you have a friend who would enjoy all of the beneficial, fun and exciting features we offer here at 91.8 The Fan, tell them to come join up! Have them introduce themselves and have them contribute positively to the community, and they are free to join us!
You can also apply on our forums here in case you have any problems. We hope everyone has fun!