You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-05-2011, 01:22 AM   #1
Zehutsumei
Fan

Zehutsumei is meh
Let's Play Splatterhouse

"You're mine, Rick! Until Jenny's safe back in your arms... You're mine!" - Terror Mask

Splatterhouse started out as a 2D sidescrolling arcade game released in 1988 in Japan and 1989 in North America. The game's violence and controversial imagery predated Mortal Kombat, but never reached the same level of fame. The original was eventually ported over to the TubroGrafx-16 (PC Engine), where it fell into even more obscurity. Luckily, the game was popular enough to spawn 2 sequels on the Genesis (Mega Drive), and one spin-off on the Famicom. The game has since achieved a cult status and has even been referenced in other Namco games, such as Tekken: Dark Resurrection and Katamari Damacy.

Recently, Splatterhouse was remade on the Xbox 360 and PS3, and after a few lawsuits and strange occurences later, the game was finally released. I will be playing through the game for you guys. I must warn you. This game is graphic. I mean, INCREDIBLY graphic. Heads getting crushed, monsters getting shoved into ovens and exploding, all sorts of limbs being used as projectiles and melee weapons, etc. I would warn you to turn away, but you're gonna watch it anyways :p

Playlist:
Phase One: Satan's Masque

Last edited by Zehutsumei; 02-22-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Zehutsumei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:32 AM   #2
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Let's Play Splatterhouse

I APPROVE!
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 06:37 PM   #3
Zehutsumei
Fan

Zehutsumei is meh

Part 1 is now up
http://blip.tv/file/4801249

Old 02-22-2011, 07:23 PM   #4
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

Interesting game, I might pick it up when it goes on sale. Out of curiosity, what sort of video capture setup are you using? I assume a capture card for a 360 game, but I'm still curious. ^ ^

Also, if you're looking for any sort of constructive feedback, might I suggest turning up the volume on your mic? It's very hard to hear you when anything is happening in the game, which is a shame. Also the video cuts out at the end for some reason, so you might want to look into that. Those are just my two cents though, take or leave them as you like.

Last edited by Bargain Gamer; 02-22-2011 at 07:32 PM.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road

Interesting, once I take care of the games I'm working on now I'll have to remember this and give it a go.

æææææææææææææææææææææææææ æææææææææææææææææ
♪♫" I'm on the right track baby; I was born as mahay"♫♪ -- Lady GaGa

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:14 AM   #6
Zehutsumei
Fan

Zehutsumei is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargain Gamer View Post
Interesting game, I might pick it up when it goes on sale. Out of curiosity, what sort of video capture setup are you using? I assume a capture card for a 360 game, but I'm still curious. ^ ^

Also, if you're looking for any sort of constructive feedback, might I suggest turning up the volume on your mic? It's very hard to hear you when anything is happening in the game, which is a shame. Also the video cuts out at the end for some reason, so you might want to look into that. Those are just my two cents though, take or leave them as you like.
I have 2 capture devices, though I'm using one right now as someone is borrowing my Dazzle. The one I'm using now is an Ez Cap, which when everything is hooked up looks kinda like a squid.

As for the audio, I didn't realize it was so low. I will boost it in future parts. As for the cutoff, I blame that on Movie Maker (High tech amirite?). I used the narrate timeline feature which ends up cutting off audio when it reaches the end of the footage.