Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 07-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Sailor Moon Crystal

For those of you who weren't paying attention to our Twitter and Facebook posts concerning the matter then shame on you! Announced last week was a special 20th Anniversary event on Nico Nico Douga for Sailor Moon.

The broadcast finished only a few minutes ago, but here's all the information I was able to get. As a note we reported it first on Twitter and Facebook, and from what I can tell we were the first news site of our kind to do so.

We're currently waiting for any press releases on the matter (Japanese or English) to confirm any other details. Here's what we have so far:
  • The new anime will not be a straight remake. It will be a retelling for an older audience, intended for the original fans of the show.
  • It is set to be released worldwide in the summer of 2013.
    • This seems simulcast only at this point, but I can't be sure.
  • Toei Animation is confirmed to be working on it.
  • No English publishers or license companies were mentioned.
  • There is a new opening and ending theme. The opening will be done by Momiro Clover Z and they preformed "Otome Senso" (Maiden War or Girl War?) for the event. It's already out for those curious.
  • The Japanese voice actress for Sailor Moon, Kotono Mitsuishi, and the Japanese voice actor for Tuxedo Mask, Toru Furuya, have confirmed they will be returning to their roles.
    • There's been some debate about this. For example, Toru said he wasn't sure if he could play Tuxedo Mask again after all this time or "keep up" playing him (despite playing him in the Level-5 game recently). However, it was clearly asked of the two if they were ready to work on the new Sailor Moon. Take this as you will, but to have them at the event, and asking them these questions seems kind of counter-productive if they're not going to be in the new retelling.
    • Kotono confirms by saying something akin to, "I've been itching to play it [Sailor Moon] again!" on her official blog.
    • Currently there is no information on anyone else at this time.
  • The original creator, Naoko Takeuchi, was not in attendance however she did have a letter that said she was happy so many people around the world love Sailor Moon. She seems to be scared (apprehensive?) about doing anything new however, but she also loves Sailor Moon and as such she wanted to bring them back.
    •  
      Hello Everyone!

I’m Naoko Takeuchi, the creator of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon. I’m thrilled by its 20th anniversary and excited by the new projects--the re-release of the manga and a new anime! I remember when it first started, and quickly became beloved by so many people. Actually, I’m a bit bashful when I hear the title now… I guess you’d feel the same too! But yesterday, I was happy to hear that Sailor Moon has helped inspire the “twin tail” hairstyle!

I’ve been told that so many people worldwide love Sailor Moon. Whenever I hear that, I simply feel ecstatic and jump for joy. Honestly, I’m excited about the future plans for Sailor Moon, and I secretly hope my characters will be romping around once again! Today was a great start to welcoming them back. Please welcome them with warm smiles. I hope you have missed them a lot--otherwise Koto-chan (the original voice actor for Tsukino Usagi/Sailor Moon) will shout, “In the name of the moon, I shall punish you!”

Thank you.

Naoko Takeuchi --- Source
  • No new manga was confirmed at this time.
    • But there will be re-releases, which you can take as you will.
    • There will be a ten volume collector's edition released in Japan.
    • There's also news of a collector's edition for Sailor V.
  • While somewhat unrelated Sailor Moon, Japan Expo, Momoiro Clover Z, and Naoko Takeuchi all trended today on Twitter.
I will add more information as I can, but this should be a nice collection.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 06-20-2014 at 08:46 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Sailor Moon (2013)

As long as it's not DBZ Kai where its the same thing just with shorter arcs, cut corners and the occasional new animation (which usually runs about a couple seconds).
I'm on board.

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Gravity View Post
As long as it's not DBZ Kai where its the same thing just with shorter arcs, cut corners and the occasional new animation (which usually runs about a couple seconds).
I'm on board.
They confirmed it's a new anime. I suppose a good example is Full Metal Alchemist to Brotherhood.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
For those of you who weren't paying attention to our Twitter and Facebook posts concerning the matter then shame on you!
Sorry kana I don't follow anymore facebook and Twitter because off all the spam I receive daily for that reason I don't like to log in for which I don't have any shame to say

changing the subject now this are awesome news

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, I don't have facebook or twitter, nor do I want them. It might be fun, however, to sit down with my now-grown daughters--and young granddaughters--and have another turn watching Sailor Moon together.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

In the name of the moon I will watch this show!
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
ibby

ibby is meh

Despite not owning the classic salior moon on dvd, I will definately check this out, as I want to see what the fuss is about, that is Sailor Moon.
ibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

You know, I hadn't really thought about people who hadn't seen the original. Obviously I can only hope it makes a lasting impression like the original did to new fans out there.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:41 PM   #9
loyalmoonie

loyalmoonie is meh

Probably, it's too soon to say if whether or not the newer anime will be licensed outside of Japan; although it was mentioned they were planning a global release.
loyalmoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:57 PM   #10
MidnightDevont
MidnightDevont

MidnightDevont is meh

I am hoping we are looking at a global release. It would be nice for all of us Sailor Moon fans.

MidnightDevont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:12 PM   #11
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

The full Naoko Takeuchi letter was translated by Kodansha themselves, so I've added it to the first post.

Old 09-28-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
stone9091

stone9091 is meh

Probably, it's too soon to say if whether or not the newer anime will be licensed outside of Japan; although it was mentioned they were planning a global release.

stone9091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #13
Yumene

Yumene is meh

I am kinda curious how they are going to do this. I for one am excited seeing as Sailor Moon is the show that got me started watching Anime and it just can't come fast enough it seems! I haven't been keeping updated on facebook or twitter, I really need to =\
Yumene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I think I'm more curious with the new chance for merchandise actually. I really, really want to replace my Sailor Moon wallet from when I was nine or at least find a nice anime centric one.

Old 06-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #15
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

I'm still waiting!

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #16
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoELK View Post
I'm still waiting!
As am I. Now that the delay has been announced, but more merchandise is coming out it's hard to say how much time they can delay it for.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:18 AM   #17
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
As am I. Now that the delay has been announced, but more merchandise is coming out it's hard to say how much time they can delay it for.
Such as all of these offering from Crunchyroll

http://www.crunchyroll.com/store/search?q=sailor%20moon

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #18
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Welp, finally a confirmation for this summer season. I'll update with any teasers if I see them.

In addition, there's a 20th anniversary Sailor Moon CD coming out which gives us a preview of the theme song. I gotta say my favorite is Tommy Heavenly6's rendition of La Solider. Super neat!

Old 06-18-2014, 08:25 AM   #19
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

I lold when I saw the title said 2013. Can that be changed to reflect reality or are thread titles set in stone?

Either way I'm cautiously optimistic. The designs look a little weird and some are obviously low qual/wrong, but I'll wait to see a full episode in motion.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #20
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Yeah... I can change it. *Grumbles* SHOULD'VE BEEN LIKE TWO YEARS AGO