It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 09-16-2015, 01:05 AM   #1
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road
The International Otaku Expo Association (IOEA)

http://ioea.info/

The IOEA is a convention association where all the anime conventions can hang out together and share ideas and stuff. This can potentially be a huge game changer, making it easier for cons to get Japanese guests, share expertise, and a whole bunch of things I didn't think of. Of course, it's still in the formation phase so there's no telling where this will go. Thoughs?
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 01:17 AM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: The International Otaku Expo Association (IOEA)

This is... unique. I wish I could find out more about what they do because realistically their PDF tells me nothing.

There's a board of directors... how are they chosen? What is the main goal besides sharing information? Is it to bypass agencies in the US for their voice talent or is it simply to enable an easier time for conventions to speak with Japanese guests. Another issue crops up though that some conventions do not have the business sense or patience to do as such.

Also, depending on who is involved, there could already be some bad apples. Conventions are extensively competitive and some con chairs will not want to work with one another.

I don't mean to be negative, but I am cautious. I want to know more about the organization as a whole.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 12:45 AM   #3
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road
Re: The International Otaku Expo Association (IOEA)

Update: They have a twitter account! but besides that, I have no idea. I'll have to do some actual digging if I want to find any real information...
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote