Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 03-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold
No hope for TV anymore?

Let's be honest, other than the fact that you stream just about anything. TV is dead. I have given up on watching just about any sort of broadcast on the TV downstairs. The only reason i turn it on is to watch old eps of The Daily Show while I eat lunch. My old standbys, Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network are such shadows their former selves that they disgust me now. Fred now has another annoying show on Nick and Annoying Orange is on CN. makes me want to shoot myself. I'll just stick to streaming and DVDs

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: No hope for TV anymore?

I haven't watched TV in years honestly... My TV isn't even hooked up to cable, which is fine by me at this point. When you have Hulu and everything else there's little point.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I have a television set up in my room, with a cable box, but the LAST time I watched it, was E3 2011.
The only thing I watch on TV is the Walking Dead, and I prefer to watch that on the big HD TV upstairs (The color and sharpness intensifies the gore :D).
I want to watch the Funimation channel, I really do. But my issue is with the description of the episodes. I have NO IDEA if it's the first, 2nd 3 or 15th episode, and I can't just START a series midway or an episode ahead. There are times where I mute the TV and turn on Toonami to support it, but thats as far as I go :|

If I want to watch something, I use either Hulu, Crunchyroll, Funimation or Netflix

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:08 PM   #4
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

I completely agree with you Christmas. I haven't watched network TV in ages. I think the last time I watched anything was Blizzcon 2011 (yeah, yeah, I stupidly bought it to see the Foo Fighters concert at the end! XD).

Crunchyroll and Funimation have become my main sources of entertainment when I'm not working or messing with music on my bass.

With enough new anime being released season to season, I don't see myself ever going back to watching regular TV again...pretty much ready to can my sub to Directv (been a customer with them since 1996! LOL)

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Well for me the only reason for me to see TV is ether for my dad watching new on the TV on the kitchen. Or my mom soup operas on TV at diner with the family

Other than thatI have Netfilx, crunchyroll, and FUNimation as my source of stream,

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:14 PM   #6
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh

I think TV will die around the time radio does, which is probably not going to be very soon. It serves a very specific purpose. For the most part, it fulfills the role of the familiar, which is comfortable. We like to put it on and watch the reruns sometimes. Much like radio; sure you'll hear Bohemian Rhapsody for the 5000th time, but it fills a need that listening to the latest albums doesn't. You sit back and listen to a song you've heard before in your car (or even online, hint).

TV isn't going anywhere anyway since it provides a flood of new content at a reasonable price. When Netflix reaches the point where it can produce all its own content and draw subscribers away from cable, then it might have a chance to completely overthrow TV.

Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

TV is going digital in many respects.
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I don't even have my TV hooked to cable. I haven't for a few years. Most of my intake of shows can be gotten from Hulu and anime has various outlets. For anime fans it's really difficult to justify the cost of a TV cable plan.

On the other side of the coin, it's perfectly acceptable for families or the older generation. I don't think TV is going anywhere either, just changing. If you want me to be honest I think radio will outlive traditional TV since radio made more advanced changes before television started to revolutionize itself and make a more to other platforms (like streaming, digital, etc).

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #9
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh

It's important to remember that a majority of TV is being funded specifically to air on television (even if a lot of people watch it streaming later).

Until we get a real, working alternative way to get high-quality shows made, TV isn't going anywhere.

Siege is offline   Reply With Quote