Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan




Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 11:33 PM   #121
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya
 
Elc1247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 127

Rep Power: 0
Elc1247 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

i just caught up on Angel Beats! its a series that really surprised me, at first to me, it seemed like another kyo-ani, work from its initial look, but after watching a couple episodes, it became clear that its allot deeper then a kyo-ani work. found out that it was a Key work, the people who made Clannad and Air, so i am pleasantly surprised, its turning out to be a great series. I look forward to having it over here in the US, if i can get it for a good price, id gladly slap down my money for a nice copy of it.
______________________
Catch Dr. Elc's Anime Symposium 2-6pm PST Sat, Sun

 

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:38 PM   #122
sasukeuzi
Newbie
 
sasukeuzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: nope
Posts: 33

Rep Power: 0
sasukeuzi is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Ok.now im watching Lucky Star and Cowboy Bepop.Awsome anime shows
______________________


sasukeuzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #123
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya
 
Elc1247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 127

Rep Power: 0
Elc1247 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

I'm continually suprised at how many people have yet to watch the classic anime series like cowboy bebop. I guess much of the anime audience are still developing ther true tastes.
I personally havt finished clannad yet, been watching after story. And I have to say, one of the best series ever. Makes you take a new look on life.
______________________
Catch Dr. Elc's Anime Symposium 2-6pm PST Sat, Sun

 

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #124
Savior
Newbie
 
Savior's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2

Rep Power: 0
Savior is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Pandora Hearts
______________________

It's Just An Itty Bitty God Complex


Savior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #125
zaburai
Newbie
 
zaburai's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 34

Rep Power: 115
zaburai is on a distinguished road
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elc1247 View Post
I'm continually suprised at how many people have yet to watch the classic anime series like cowboy bebop. I guess much of the anime audience are still developing ther true tastes.
I personally havt finished clannad yet, been watching after story. And I have to say, one of the best series ever. Makes you take a new look on life.
Well Cowboy bebop hasnt really been available in the UK until recently (The boxsets were sooo expensive thank God for the Remix box)

I will warn you now on the ending to Afterstory, I was disgusted with the ending.

I have been watching Rainbow and I have to say to you all.....WATCH IT NOW. I mean I havent seen anything like this in quite a while, it is soo depressing yet so good, it is a train wreck, you cant not look at it. The cast is very strong, the reason why they are all in jail is rather sad (Especially Sakaguchi ;_;) and it really shows the dark side of people. Again I will say watch it because you wont be seeing anything like this coming from Japan for another 5 years at least.

K-ON season 2 - God this is bad, every time Yui opens her mouth I want someone to punch her.

Angel Beats - pretty good, nothing more to say

Fairy Tale - This is a very good shonen series, this could turn out to be one of the all time greats. The creator was really creative with the magic there are soo many different types and it hasnt reached episode 30 yet. The characters are strange, strange in the sense that I like all of the protaginists and there is pratically no angst which I am soo happy about. Finally the music is really good. My only problem is that the battles are not long enough.
______________________

zaburai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #126
Jubilee

Très Bien!
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sasnak
Posts: 633

Rep Power: 122
Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Re: What have you been watching?

I started Fairy Musketeers the other day, watching an episode or 2 every night...It is enjoyable to me so far
______________________


Last edited by Jubilee; 05-22-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:58 AM   #127
Uchiha_kensei
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: troy alabama
Posts: 4

Rep Power: 0
Uchiha_kensei is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

just got done watching gun x sword, its pretty good it has a cowboy bebop/ trigun feel to it, anyone have any good ideas on what to watch now?
______________________
Uchiha Kensei


Uchiha_kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 03:04 PM   #128
The Animeniac
Newbie
 
The Animeniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10

Rep Power: 0
The Animeniac is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

shows I'm watching
shows that are airng:
Angel Beats!
Arakawa Under the Bridge
Bleach
Durarara
Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Mayoi Nekko Overrun
Senkou no Nightraid i believe i probably messed up on the spelling.

Finished airing:
Gundam 00
Monster
Rental Magica
Re-watching the digimon seasons since I finally found the eng versions in decent quality
The Animeniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #129
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya
 
Elc1247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 127

Rep Power: 0
Elc1247 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Just finished a couple series, Clannad After Story, and The Sacred Blacksmith... loved Clannad AS, blacksmith however, was a disappointment.

i picked up Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou and Mayoi Neko Overrun!, enjoying those

prob gonna finish They are my Noble Masters soon, it looks like a good series so far.
______________________
Catch Dr. Elc's Anime Symposium 2-6pm PST Sat, Sun

 

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:22 AM   #130
aztez
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 7

Rep Power: 0
aztez is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

I'm watching
-B Gata H Kei
- K-ON!! S2
-Working
-SD Gundam Legend of the Three Kingdoms Brave Battle Warriors
-Mayoi Neko Overrun
-Inazuma Eleven
-Ikkitousen Xtreme Xecutor
-One Piece
-Uchuu no Stellvia
I think that is about it at the moment.
aztez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:25 PM   #131
Tsundere
Fan
 
Tsundere's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 64

Rep Power: 0
Tsundere is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

I have been watching a couple of series Rainbow, Working!!, Angel beats, K-on!!, Fairy tail and Hetalia the second series. Be warned what I have wrote here may not make any sense and may be a load of rubbish. Hurray for a wall of text.

Rainbow follows the struggles of 6 inmates Joe, Mario, Suppon, Baremoto, Biceps and Cabbage as they are incarcerated into reformatory of Shio in 6-2. There they meet up with bro. Here the seven boys must learn to live an work together so that they can survive the daily beatings and humiliations that are dealt out mostly by the guard Ishihara. Little do the 6 new inmates know what they have been placed into as bro knows a dark secret that Ishihara wants him dead over.

This series is possibly the darkest and most grittiest series I have seen in all the years that I have watched anime (very few western releases come close to how dark this series is.). This series is set in and paints a very disturbing 1955 japan where problems are rife due to the pasts of these children. I do say children as aniki is the oldest as he is 18. the art style of this series complements the setting very well as the dark palette helps show the depressing atmosphere of their current situation. Even before each episode starts it mentions about the gore and it is right as it helps emphasis the situation.

The story itself is unique to me as I have not seen, read or even heard of a story like this. This is helped by the pacing and the telling of the story. Sure it can be a bit slow at times and there is very little action going on as it mostly focuses on the characters but it hits all the right notes throughout as when they are in the prison and find out their past (You might cry during some of these scenes and conclusions) you feel for them and once they are having a good time you know that it will be short lived.

Other note: The music does not really stand out as I vaguely remember any music in the series so far. The voice acting is well done and the villains are truly villainous and make the story even better (even if you do feel threatened or scared by them).

Overall I find this a hard series to recommend to people as it is very depressing and does not suit many peoples tastes. I must say that you MUST watch the first episode to see if you want to watch it as I have heard that soo many people have dropped the series after it as they feel that the series does not suit them and I can accept that.


The second series Working is set in the family restaurant situated in Hokkaido. At the start of the series we are introduced to Takanashi Souta a 16 year old middle school student. One night while out he meets with his sempai Taneshima Poplar who is a year older. She encourages him to work in the restaurant and he agrees and so our story begins as he meets the strange employees makes friendships yadda yadda. This story is nothing special but why should it be as it is a comedy. Sadly the comedy is rather hit and miss which does not help the matter at all. If you were to look at one screen you would think that it is a moeblob series... And you would be right so nothing much to say there. The voice acting is good but not that memorable.

Overall I think this series is... Meh but it is still better than a series that I will be mentioning. This is a good show if you dont know what to watch and want to kill 25 minutes.

The next series Angel beats. This series follows Otonashi, Yuzuru and yuri who is a leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen who are made to combat the angel threat who can harness supernatural powers that is present. In this world Otonashi must get to grips with his death and amnesia in this new world while yuri fights the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. My first initial thought of this anime were nothing special but after the 3 or 4th episode I was hooked as the characters are well developed with decent backgrounds and reasons for fighting.

This series has high production values as it has really good visuals and even made a completely new band called girls dead monster (If you listen to the radio they are played regularly so you should know some songs by now). I must say that the music that this band makes is really good and I was surprised to find out that they were made solely for this anime.

If you get a chance watch this as this is easily recommendable as it is an extremely good anime. On a side note you will probably remember and love T.K for reasons you will find out once you watch it.

The next anime Fairy Tail follows Lucy (a Celestial wizard) as she looks to join the guild called Fairy Tail (Surprise) were legendary wizards are found. During her travels to find fairy tale she meets our other main protagonist Natsu (A dragon slayer) and Happy. After an encounter with a shady wizard Lucy finds out Natsu is a part of Fairy Tail and so Natsu brings Lucy to Fairy Tail where she finds out that it is surprisingly easy to join. There she meets Gray and Erza and they form a team and complete tasks and fight wizards so on and so forth.

This series is really well done as I have not found a character that I do not like. Surprisingly still Natsu and Lucy are not even my favorite characters instead my favorite is Gray (An Ice creation wizard) and Loke. The characters are diversified and well developed that you will find a favorite and will still love the other characters. This is helped by the fact the characters have solid backgrounds that help flesh them out and they have arcs devoted to a single character.

The animation in this is really good and the fight scenes look spectacular. It is a bit weird that once people look at this series they think that this is done by the same people as one piece when in fact it is done by the same people as rave master... Weird. The soundtrack can be a bit hit and miss as there is some specular songs like the slow fairy tale theme but then there are other songs that aren't that great. The voice acting is top notch.

This series is easily recommendable to anyone and I would tell you to watch it NOW but crunchyroll have a 30 limit on each episode. So this means that you cannot watch the 1st episode or one that was released 2 months ago which is a pity.

The next series Hetalia the second series is just more hetalia. Its not as good as the first series but it is still hetalia.

Now K-on!! ughhh this is the bane of my existence. This is the shining example of what is wrong with the anime industry today. It is a complete moeblob series with two dimensional characters, the story's soo thin you could not spread it on a slice of bread and the music in this anime which revolves around music is rubbish and even includes an ear bleeding intro song.The worst part of this is that they made an unbearable series even more unbearable and the script is soo bad I stopped an episode and skipped it (I never do that).
______________________


Tsundere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:16 AM   #132
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya
 
Elc1247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 127

Rep Power: 0
Elc1247 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere View Post
 
I have been watching a couple of series Rainbow, Working!!, Angel beats, K-on!!, Fairy tail and Hetalia the second series. Be warned what I have wrote here may not make any sense and may be a load of rubbish. Hurray for a wall of text.

Rainbow follows the struggles of 6 inmates Joe, Mario, Suppon, Baremoto, Biceps and Cabbage as they are incarcerated into reformatory of Shio in 6-2. There they meet up with bro. Here the seven boys must learn to live an work together so that they can survive the daily beatings and humiliations that are dealt out mostly by the guard Ishihara. Little do the 6 new inmates know what they have been placed into as bro knows a dark secret that Ishihara wants him dead over.

This series is possibly the darkest and most grittiest series I have seen in all the years that I have watched anime (very few western releases come close to how dark this series is.). This series is set in and paints a very disturbing 1955 japan where problems are rife due to the pasts of these children. I do say children as aniki is the oldest as he is 18. the art style of this series complements the setting very well as the dark palette helps show the depressing atmosphere of their current situation. Even before each episode starts it mentions about the gore and it is right as it helps emphasis the situation.

The story itself is unique to me as I have not seen, read or even heard of a story like this. This is helped by the pacing and the telling of the story. Sure it can be a bit slow at times and there is very little action going on as it mostly focuses on the characters but it hits all the right notes throughout as when they are in the prison and find out their past (You might cry during some of these scenes and conclusions) you feel for them and once they are having a good time you know that it will be short lived.

Other note: The music does not really stand out as I vaguely remember any music in the series so far. The voice acting is well done and the villains are truly villainous and make the story even better (even if you do feel threatened or scared by them).

Overall I find this a hard series to recommend to people as it is very depressing and does not suit many peoples tastes. I must say that you MUST watch the first episode to see if you want to watch it as I have heard that soo many people have dropped the series after it as they feel that the series does not suit them and I can accept that.


The second series Working is set in the family restaurant situated in Hokkaido. At the start of the series we are introduced to Takanashi Souta a 16 year old middle school student. One night while out he meets with his sempai Taneshima Poplar who is a year older. She encourages him to work in the restaurant and he agrees and so our story begins as he meets the strange employees makes friendships yadda yadda. This story is nothing special but why should it be as it is a comedy. Sadly the comedy is rather hit and miss which does not help the matter at all. If you were to look at one screen you would think that it is a moeblob series... And you would be right so nothing much to say there. The voice acting is good but not that memorable.

Overall I think this series is... Meh but it is still better than a series that I will be mentioning. This is a good show if you dont know what to watch and want to kill 25 minutes.

The next series Angel beats. This series follows Otonashi, Yuzuru and yuri who is a leader of the Shinda Sekai Sensen who are made to combat the angel threat who can harness supernatural powers that is present. In this world Otonashi must get to grips with his death and amnesia in this new world while yuri fights the god who destined her to have an unreasonable life. My first initial thought of this anime were nothing special but after the 3 or 4th episode I was hooked as the characters are well developed with decent backgrounds and reasons for fighting.

This series has high production values as it has really good visuals and even made a completely new band called girls dead monster (If you listen to the radio they are played regularly so you should know some songs by now). I must say that the music that this band makes is really good and I was surprised to find out that they were made solely for this anime.

If you get a chance watch this as this is easily recommendable as it is an extremely good anime. On a side note you will probably remember and love T.K for reasons you will find out once you watch it.

The next anime Fairy Tail follows Lucy (a Celestial wizard) as she looks to join the guild called Fairy Tail (Surprise) were legendary wizards are found. During her travels to find fairy tale she meets our other main protagonist Natsu (A dragon slayer) and Happy. After an encounter with a shady wizard Lucy finds out Natsu is a part of Fairy Tail and so Natsu brings Lucy to Fairy Tail where she finds out that it is surprisingly easy to join. There she meets Gray and Erza and they form a team and complete tasks and fight wizards so on and so forth.

This series is really well done as I have not found a character that I do not like. Surprisingly still Natsu and Lucy are not even my favorite characters instead my favorite is Gray (An Ice creation wizard) and Loke. The characters are diversified and well developed that you will find a favorite and will still love the other characters. This is helped by the fact the characters have solid backgrounds that help flesh them out and they have arcs devoted to a single character.

The animation in this is really good and the fight scenes look spectacular. It is a bit weird that once people look at this series they think that this is done by the same people as one piece when in fact it is done by the same people as rave master... Weird. The soundtrack can be a bit hit and miss as there is some specular songs like the slow fairy tale theme but then there are other songs that aren't that great. The voice acting is top notch.

This series is easily recommendable to anyone and I would tell you to watch it NOW but crunchyroll have a 30 limit on each episode. So this means that you cannot watch the 1st episode or one that was released 2 months ago which is a pity.

The next series Hetalia the second series is just more hetalia. Its not as good as the first series but it is still hetalia.

Now K-on!! ughhh this is the bane of my existence. This is the shining example of what is wrong with the anime industry today. It is a complete moeblob series with two dimensional characters, the story's soo thin you could not spread it on a slice of bread and the music in this anime which revolves around music is rubbish and even includes an ear bleeding intro song.The worst part of this is that they made an unbearable series even more unbearable and the script is soo bad I stopped an episode and skipped it (I never do that).
I have to agree with that about K-On, there is nothing to it, it sells by moe, Ive forced myself to sit through the first episode, using all my willpower to keep myself from bashing my head against anything solid near me...

well ive caught up with Ichiban ushiro no daimaou and Mayoi neko overrun!, i actually like Daimaou, now neko overrun... the last 2 eps have nothing to do with anything... so i am starting to become disappointed in it... i also just caught up in Kiss X Sis, love that series.
still loving Angel Beats, though i doubt they could really pull something epic out of just 12 episodes...

i prob need to pick up working!! and Fairy tale.
______________________
Catch Dr. Elc's Anime Symposium 2-6pm PST Sat, Sun

 

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:21 AM   #133
Lite

Rating: AWESOME!
 
Lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 134

Rep Power: 0
Lite is on a distinguished road
Re: What have you been watching?

Well I purchased the complete Eureka Seven, Haruhi Suzumiya, Gundam Unicorn part 1, Strike Witches, Geass R2 Part 1, and ordered DBZ Kai on Blu-Ray.... Lots of new stuff! So currently, watching the second half of Eureka Seven, about 15 episodes to go?
______________________


Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:21 AM   #134
soundbreaker
Ask An Australian
 
soundbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Land Down Under.
Posts: 131

Rep Power: 118
soundbreaker is on a distinguished road
Re: What have you been watching?

Just finished watching Gurren Lagann and Bubblegum Crisis: Tokyo 2040 again. My peeps are planning a Transformers marathon (just Season 1) which will be full of inebriated voice-overs and awesome. ^_^

Not sure if it counts as "Anime", but I just finished watching Avatar: The Last Airbender as well. I really like this cartoon. :-)
______________________
The Breakdown - Breaker's Supanova Breakdown 2011
► Check this: Ask An Australian ☻ ◄
On-air Challenges and SAS Archive


soundbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 07:53 AM   #135
Psytrin
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 4

Rep Power: 0
Psytrin is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Currently, I'm watching Darker Than Black, K-On!!, and Kaicho-wa Maid-Sama!

I recently finished Working!! (too short >_<), Toradora!, and Durarara!!
Psytrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 04:51 AM   #136
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 160
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: What have you been watching?

Watching Air Gear..... AGAIN. I now have a deeper appreciation for the sound track of that show.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:58 AM   #137
Lite

Rating: AWESOME!
 
Lite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 134

Rep Power: 0
Lite is on a distinguished road
Re: What have you been watching?

Finished Eureka Seven and Durarara. Took me a while. Now planning to catch up on K-On!! and Heroman, and then finish Darker than Black. After that? Another DVD series, alongside some of the newer stuff - such as Highschool of the Dead, Shiki, Occult Academy, Sengoku Basara 2, and Digimon Xros Wars (just cause it's a good looking Digimon series compared to Savers!)

...Yeah. That's a lot.
______________________


Lite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #138
Jubilee

Très Bien!
 
Jubilee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sasnak
Posts: 633

Rep Power: 122
Jubilee will become famous soon enough
Re: What have you been watching?

I bought the box set of Black Lagoon at the con the other day.

I likie...alot.
______________________

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #139
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 160
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
I bought the box set of Black Lagoon at the con the other day.

I likie...alot.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #140
Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
Fan
 
Dophanes "D!" Raosuke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: ask me when I move
Posts: 96

Rep Power: 0
Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

One Piece, not bad, but they haven't come out with anything good for a few weeks >->
______________________

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.