Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan




Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 01:01 PM   #21
Miruki Mimiko
Newbie
 
Miruki Mimiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 24

Rep Power: 0
Miruki Mimiko is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

WELL -insert rant mode-

Let's see.. Letter Bee, the third season of Shugo Chara, Katekyo Hitman Reborn, Yumeiro Patissiere', Gundam Wing, etc etc etc XD Letter Bee and Reborn are definately my favorites XD
Miruki Mimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 09:19 PM   #22
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya
 
Elc1247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 127

Rep Power: 0
Elc1247 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

wow ive been watching some amazing series recently, just started and caught up with Bakemonogatari (Gho-st-ory). Love it, i hope they continue the series, it has a pretty unique way of presenting things.

"Staple Stable" (Bakemonogatari OP)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe9vRDHKxuQ
______________________
Catch Dr. Elc's Anime Symposium 2-6pm PST Sat, Sun

 

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
Catnip-Dream
Newbie
 
Catnip-Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 5

Rep Power: 0
Catnip-Dream is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

I mainly watch one anime at a time, right now its Major but I do watch on going series, right now I'm watching Letter Bee, Fairy Tail and Kobato and when they come out I'm going to watch Durarara!! and So・Ra・No・Wo・To
Catnip-Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #24
Oni
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 564

Rep Power: 0
Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elc1247 View Post
wow ive been watching some amazing series recently, just started and caught up with Bakemonogatari (Gho-st-ory). Love it, i hope they continue the series, it has a pretty unique way of presenting things.

"Staple Stable" (Bakemonogatari OP)
That's uniquely a SHAFT thing, they always do such things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF7-K3GFFUE
______________________


Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #25
Vapen
Newbie
 
Vapen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: CT or NH
Posts: 3

Rep Power: 0
Vapen is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

My current watch list.
Bleach (dub) episode 167
Element Hunters episode 11
Fairy Tale episode 12
FMA Brotherhood episode 38
Halo Legends (dub) episode 3
Kiddy GiRL-ADD episode 11
Ladies versus Butlers! episode 1
Letter Bee episode 13
Maria Holic episode 8
Naruto Shippuuden episode 134
Moribito (dub) episode 24
Armed Librarians The Book of Bantorra episode 14
So・Ra・No・Wo・To episode 1
______________________


Vapen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #26
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic
 
bemused_Bohemian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: not too far from Moral Oral (central MO, USA)
Posts: 85

Rep Power: 0
bemused_Bohemian is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Watching lately? Or...again and again?
Serial Experiment Lain (apparently the game that preceded this anime took a different approach to the anime story...from what I have seen on Youtube I wish the game was subbed for English and available over here);
Black Lagoon Ep6 (series is disappointing so far, too much like older TV pirate adventure yarns where the only smart players are the main characters, beginning to wish I hadn't bought the series);
GITS: 11 Individuals (kept my interest all the way through, good show!);
Cencoroll: (interesting show, wish it lasted longer than 27 minutes, have viewed it many, many times and wish my car could behave that way);
Time of Eve: (6 eps so far. Eps 3 & 6 are my favorites. Thought-provoking show about diminishing boundaries distinguishing humans from humanoid androids with A.I. Hope this becomes a series and gets imported over here);
2 shows where the manga is better:
1) Strawberry 100% (it's bad enough focusing on panty shots early on both in anime and manga but manga allows reader to see character development blossom past the intro fanservice between the student members of a film/drama club during their time in school. Manga's timeline allows interpersonal relationships to wax and wane beyond high school. Anime focuses on fanservice of the better drawn female cast working summer jobs in a hostel around horny male staffers...anime is a waste of your time.
2) Koi Kaze: not for the faint of heart. WARNING: the topic is older brother-younger step-sister pairing aka incest (or is it?). I was curious to see just how close or how far the animators would go finesseing their journey past the boundaries of certain taboo social mores. This is 1 of the aspects about anime I find intriguing...how much further can the moral envelope or boundary be pushed before outside censorship or your own sensibilities hold you in check? The manga deftly leaves no doubt about what occurs, the anime plays it safe. Neither venue is hentai though the age portrayal of the step-sister would be a concern to me if this story was intended for US publication (child pornography laws?).
Planetes: older anime about a group of folks working as space debris collectors. Decent treatment of budding romances of primary characters. The aspect of this series I found most refreshing was the healthy depiction of how a charismatic, energetic CEO can ably turn a project around and move it forward amidst the usual internal bureaucratic hierarchy power struggles. Most anime shows depict corporations and the higher officers who run them as corrupt, rigid, adverse to change.
Clannad and Kanon (2006) were wonderful weepies. Next up for me will be Air (another weepie, just a different season of the year)
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 AM   #27
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 156
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused_Bohemian View Post
Watching lately? Or...again and again?
Serial Experiment Lain (apparently the game that preceded this anime took a different approach to the anime story...from what I have seen on Youtube I wish the game was subbed for English and available over here);
Black Lagoon Ep6 (series is disappointing so far, too much like older TV pirate adventure yarns where the only smart players are the main characters, beginning to wish I hadn't bought the series);
GITS: 11 Individuals (kept my interest all the way through, good show!);
Cencoroll: (interesting show, wish it lasted longer than 27 minutes, have viewed it many, many times and wish my car could behave that way);
Time of Eve: (6 eps so far. Eps 3 & 6 are my favorites. Thought-provoking show about diminishing boundaries distinguishing humans from humanoid androids with A.I. Hope this becomes a series and gets imported over here);
2 shows where the manga is better:
1) Strawberry 100% (it's bad enough focusing on panty shots early on both in anime and manga but manga allows reader to see character development blossom past the intro fanservice between the student members of a film/drama club during their time in school. Manga's timeline allows interpersonal relationships to wax and wane beyond high school. Anime focuses on fanservice of the better drawn female cast working summer jobs in a hostel around horny male staffers...anime is a waste of your time.
2) Koi Kaze: not for the faint of heart. WARNING: the topic is older brother-younger step-sister pairing aka incest (or is it?). I was curious to see just how close or how far the animators would go finesseing their journey past the boundaries of certain taboo social mores. This is 1 of the aspects about anime I find intriguing...how much further can the moral envelope or boundary be pushed before outside censorship or your own sensibilities hold you in check? The manga deftly leaves no doubt about what occurs, the anime plays it safe. Neither venue is hentai though the age portrayal of the step-sister would be a concern to me if this story was intended for US publication (child pornography laws?).
Planetes: older anime about a group of folks working as space debris collectors. Decent treatment of budding romances of primary characters. The aspect of this series I found most refreshing was the healthy depiction of how a charismatic, energetic CEO can ably turn a project around and move it forward amidst the usual internal bureaucratic hierarchy power struggles. Most anime shows depict corporations and the higher officers who run them as corrupt, rigid, adverse to change.
Clannad and Kanon (2006) were wonderful weepies. Next up for me will be Air (another weepie, just a different season of the year)
NEVVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR insult black lagoon while I am arround


The villians do get alot better through out the series. If you do watch it I will promise you its great.
Just wait till Shenhua appears.

Last edited by EagleEyes; 01-05-2010 at 03:15 AM.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:37 AM   #28
IPaidthePrice
Newbie
 
IPaidthePrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adak, AK
Posts: 26

Rep Power: 0
IPaidthePrice is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Hmm, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya wich I finished like 5 minutes ago, veeeery good anime, I just love it, and well, Skip Beat! Wich I still have to finish.
______________________


IPaidthePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:48 PM   #29
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan
 
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 108

Rep Power: 0
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

The other day, I marathoned Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, which made my tear up several times, it was really good. ^_^ Right now I'm keeping up with FMA and that's about it since the fall season has pretty much ended.
______________________


黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #30
Oni
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 564

Rep Power: 0
Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: What have you been watching?

Currently watching Rozen Maiden.
______________________


Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #31
Zodiac_Blader
Newbie
 
Zodiac_Blader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 17

Rep Power: 0
Zodiac_Blader is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

right now I'm still decided what to watch this season, FMA is my only still on going one, but nothing much of interest is coming out this season, I think only the new Ryuukishi07 series Ookami Kakushi I'm for sure going to check out,
______________________

My fandom born into games

Zodiac_Blader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:43 PM   #32
Force-A-Nature
Fan
 
Force-A-Nature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: THA NINE ONE SICCNESS
Posts: 69

Rep Power: 0
Force-A-Nature is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

One Outs
Kurokami
Princess Lover (is a lot more badass then it sounds)
Akagi
______________________


i play dat tee eff two

Force-A-Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:32 PM   #33
FairladyZ
Newbie
 
FairladyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3

Rep Power: 0
FairladyZ is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Gundam 00, DBZ, And the original transformers and Of Course my monthly habit: Azumanga Daioh. Been slow recently. Nothing new has peeked my interest
FairladyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 07:34 PM   #34
FairladyZ
Newbie
 
FairladyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3

Rep Power: 0
FairladyZ is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleEyes View Post
NEVVVVVEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRR insult black lagoon while I am arround


The villians do get alot better through out the series. If you do watch it I will promise you its great.
Just wait till Shenhua appears.
That is true very good series
FairladyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:53 PM   #35
christmas4477

Smugleaf
 
christmas4477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Interwebz
Posts: 287

Rep Power: 132
christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold
Re: What have you been watching?

Catching up on the D. Gray Man dub, I'm a little behind
christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #36
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan
 
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 108

Rep Power: 0
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Jigoku Shoujo
Canaan
Asura Cryin'
______________________
UNLV Anime Club -- forums

PSN: mark_as_RED


黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #37
xXCrimsonRougeXx
Newbie
 
xXCrimsonRougeXx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4

Rep Power: 0
xXCrimsonRougeXx is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

My favorite ones to watch at the moment have to be FMA and Canaan. Cant wait for Black Lagoon season 3!!
xXCrimsonRougeXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:30 AM   #38
Oni
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 564

Rep Power: 0
Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: What have you been watching?

Watching Rozen Maiden Traumend now.
______________________


Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:31 AM   #39
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*
 
Kate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sylvarant
Posts: 462

Rep Power: 121
Kate will become famous soon enough
Re: What have you been watching?

I just got into Spice and Wolf a week ago. Love it! Though, I'm only on episode 8 at the moment.
______________________
Need something new. Until then, Oshawott disguised as Piplup!


Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 AM   #40
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan
 
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 108

Rep Power: 0
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh
Re: What have you been watching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
I just got into Spice and Wolf a week ago. Love it! Though, I'm only on episode 8 at the moment.
That's a great series! You still got another season to go, too!
______________________
UNLV Anime Club -- forums

PSN: mark_as_RED


黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:57 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.