You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 12-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #1
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
The Interview

This is a topic for the film "The Interview", the one that caused international controversy and sparked a fire in North Korea's Leaders.
Its available for rent/buy on
Xbox Live
Sony's Website
Google Play
YouTube Movies

I'm curious though, do you believe the film was worth the hype, and do you think it would've been anything on it's own had the North Koreans ignored it?

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:15 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: The Interview

I haven't seen it, but I'm positive it wasn't. However, the publicity it made was fantastic due to this. I don't think Sony planned it, but it's probably making more money than anyone expected now.

Good on them for releasing it.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

I must respectfully disagree. Releasing a movie portraying the assassination of a sitting head-of-state--any sitting head-of-state--is an affront to the entire international community, not to mention just plain stupid. This movie never should have been given the green light, let alone released. Why would any nation sit quietly in the face of such? And would Sony have released the movie had it portrayed the assassination of David Cameron or Francois Hollande, or other leaders even closer to home? However tyrannical the leader, there is a certain sanctity (for lack of a better word) to the position of head-of-state. One must respect the office, even if not the individual who holds it.

If Sony is really so keen to release this, why not fly their stars to Pyongyang for a real red carpet premier? H_ll, let somebody start a Kickstarter campaign for the airfare and I'll contribute. . .

Last edited by moonhawk81; 12-30-2014 at 07:43 PM.
moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 01:20 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

To be fair you could say the same thing about South Park or Family Guy, but are those exceptions because they're cartoons? It depends on how far your line for humor is as well.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 08:29 AM   #5
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
To be fair you could say the same thing about South Park or Family Guy, but are those exceptions because they're cartoons? It depends on how far your line for humor is as well.
Yeah, that's kind of like when Daddy Bush's Drug Czar Bennett threatened to spank Bart Simpson. . .sometimes the non-reality of animation provides a certain layer of protection. . .

Last edited by moonhawk81; 01-05-2015 at 08:41 AM.
moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 03:42 PM   #6
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

I finally got around to watching it now that it's free on Netflix. It had some comical aspects (would have been funnier if they weren't spoiled by some people I know).

All in all, the ending scene, when they destroy Kim Jung Un's helicopter with the tank. If that wasn't the most Pro-American propaganda video to counter N. Korea's Anti-American videos (the ones with them crushing the US), then I dont know WHAT is.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #7
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

I didn't like the comedy of the film, just wasn't my humor. There were some funny situations.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 06:02 PM   #8
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
I didn't like the comedy of the film, just wasn't my humor. There were some funny situations.
I agree to a point, there where funny situations, but nothing that made me stop to pause and laugh.

Old 02-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #9
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

My brother an I watched it on Netflix, and while there were some stupid moments, we were pretty much laughing non stop. I heard the hype, than the counter hype saying it was bad, but I LOVED the movie. Once all the bad press came out saying it was a bad movie I was expecting much less, and my expectations were easily blown away.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote