You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-20-2009, 01:57 PM   #1
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Favorite oldgen system; favorite game.

What system not in the current gen is your favourite, and what is your favourite game for that system.
I'll do a top three, but I suppose if you wanna do one or more, that's fine.

1.SNES, It's a hard one... But Earthbound/Mother 2 I think would be #1.
2.GBA, Probably Aria of Sorrow.
3.PS2, Kengo: Master of Bushido.

Mother 2 is probably one of the greatest RPGs of all time. All (2D) Castlevanias are awesome, so I had to shoose one for GBA. And Kengo is probably the PS2 game that got the most use at my place, perhaps second to GTA or Xenosaga.

Last edited by Kibs; 01-08-2010 at 10:34 PM.
Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:13 PM   #2
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Favourite oldgen system; favourite game.

Hmm Previous Gen huh,

1. GBA - Metroid Fusion
2. Sega - Shadowrun
3. Gamecube - Zelda Wind Waker
4. SNES - Chrono Trigger

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

1) Gameboy Color - Pokemon Silver Version
2) PS2 - Ratchet and Clank: Locked and Loaded (Going Commando)
3) PS1 - Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
4) PS2 - War of the Monsters
5) N64 - Mario Kart 64

Probably forgetting some.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 03:31 PM   #4
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

1. Snes - Mega Man X1, probably.
2. GBA - Ugh... The Final Fantasy ports.
3. NES - Mega Man... Dammit. I can't pick one.

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:57 AM   #5
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road

PS1: Castlevania SotN- Considered by many to be the best Castlevania game, and starting the Metroidvania gameplay. This is simply an amazing game. From sound design, to story, to genre changin gameplay, this game suck the soul out of my life when I first found it for 10 bucks in a mom & pop game store. I still have my original PS1 copy, and have a digital dl of it on xbl. Ive played probably a collective time of 80 hrs on both of them... and even to this day every now and then I still start it up to go through that classic one more time ;)

PS2: Dark Cloud- Why this game doesnt make more fav lists is beyond me. It took dungeon crawling to the next level, and the amount of stuff to do and find (building cities) was a great concept. The first one didnt sell that well though, and the sequel, although better in some aspects, did even worse in sales. The original one to me deserves this place due to the great storyline, which drew from a bunch of different cultures for its mythology, and its addicting gameplay. I remember going through the 100 level dungeon with EACH of the 6 characters just to get their ultimate weapons, and each floor takes an average of 10 min to get through, that is some dedication right there ;)

GameCube: Legend of Zelda WW- While many people looked over this incarnation of the LoZ, its combination of old school LoZ gameplay with the new travel of the ocean was a spectacular experience. When I first got into the King of the Red Lions and took sail towards Dragon's Roost, it actually felt like I was a small fish in a big pond, having a huge goal that I felt like I could never accomplish. This game also has the distinct quality of being the only game I have ever played that actually felt like I was traveling. Think of all the Final Fantasy games, when you where flying around in the airship, did you feel like you were actually flying? I would guess many would say no, but in LoZ WW it seemed like you could actually smell the salt water, as the ocean breeze blows through your hair. The Design team deserves many awards on that aspect alone.

NES: Final Fantasy- Ive already talked about this... so I dont think you want me to go into more detail. But if you havent played it, you gotta see the roots of one of today's greatest RPG series

GBA: Pokemon Red- little kids + collection games = BIG profits. While I hate using art for profit, this game is so highly addicting, being a young adult growing up at the time I was, I couldnt help but play this game. Its weird, quirky trainer mechanic allowed many kids who wanted to have a pet actually have several, and the rock-paper-scissor gameplay was thought out. Whichever market manager came up with this money making scheme atleast went the extra step to make sure it was well executed, which for the consumers means great games ;)

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #6
Miruki Mimiko

Miruki Mimiko is meh
Re: Favorite oldgen system; favorite game.

Oh lord, don't get me started xD

1) Definately Kingdom Hearts II (need I say what console this is on? x3). I like this one better than the original mostly for the controls, and it has worlds based of of my more favorite Disney movies (Lion King, Mulan, and Beauty and the Beast) XD
2) Kingdom Hearts (again x3). The original still definately makes my top favorites XD Mostly cuz it still has some of my favorite movies for it's worlds (mostly Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan)
3)Arcana Heart- PS2. This is an awesome fighting game. It's a game where the characters are all girls, and I admit it's a bit of a fanservice game, but I still love it nonetheless, just because I love the cool arcade-style, 2-D fighting game thing XD
4) Probably Pokemon Saphire for the GBA. DE let me borrow it, and I love it soz much. My Linoon pwnd XD
5) And to top off my list, yet another PS2 game, .Hack//Infection(or whatever the 1st one is)! It got a little tedious at times, but I simply love it!♪ I never managed to finish it ._. I was training for the final boss when... well... and accident occured that retired my PS2 (those that know me know what the accident was)
Miruki Mimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 12:58 PM   #7
Mistress Victoria

Mistress Victoria is on a distinguished road

PS2 - Growlanser V Heritage of War - The regular edition came with so much stuff and the Growlanser series is epic in its own right. I love the old style of anime they use in their cutscenes and character portraits. I also love the battling system and the stories.

Gamecube - Baten Kaitos - It's one of the first RPGs using cards to battle that I knew of and it worked really well. I think I need to restart the game because I'm stuck on mine. >_<

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - The first 3D Fire Emblem. Some people didn't like it, but I love it. I loved the new features they brought into the franchise.

Tales of Symphonia - Who can forget this game? It's one of the most grand stories on the GameCube and the battle system is the most addictive. Then there is the little grade point store you get to buy perks at the beginning of New Game+.

GBA - Fire Emblem: Sword of Seals, Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones (6-8) - Who doesn't love Fire Emblem? I don't know, but it's a GBA series that I love and will always replay even though I've played through it tons of times.

Mistress Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #8
Miruki Mimiko

Miruki Mimiko is meh

OMG, Victoria, I'll give you the Fire Emblem stuff. I played Fire Emblem (whichever one is just called "Fire Emblem" in the US) on a hand-me-down GBA DE let me have, and I LOVE it.
Miruki Mimiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #9
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

You people and your favorites!

Oh well, I'll answer this one. It was the Nintendo 64, though ironically playing it now really isn't that fun. I blame the controller.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #10
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

PS2 - Persona 4
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
Rocco
Fan

Rocco is a splendid one to behold Rocco is a splendid one to behold

PS2: Persona 3
PS1: The Legend of Dragoon
PS2: SMT: Nocturne
PS1: Crash Bandicoot Warped
SNES: LoZ: A Link to the Past
Rocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:09 PM   #12
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

N64: OOT, DK64 (classic badness), Star Fox 64, Original Smash Brothers
Genesis: Sonic games, Mickey and Minnie's Circus Mystery

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:14 PM   #13
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco View Post
PS2: Persona 3
PS1: The Legend of Dragoon
PS2: SMT: Nocturne
PS1: Crash Bandicoot Warped
SNES: LoZ: A Link to the Past
Legend of the dragoon wa epic. And I never made it past the first disk.

XD
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:38 PM   #14
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

Legend of the Dragoon was pretty awesome, but my third disc was scratched up so I never could never get past the fight with Lloyd near the end of the third disc. I'll probably try and score that soon actually.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 02:48 AM   #15
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

oh man... the old days...

SNES:
FF VI (FF III in the US)
Super Mario RPG: LotSS
StarFox
Lufia II
LoZ:LttP
Chrono Trigger
Mother 2 (Earthbound in the US)

N64:
LoZ:OoT
Perfect Dark
Goldeneye
Starfox 64
Super Mario 64

PS1:
Metal Gear Solid
FF VII

Gameboy:
Pokemon (red,blue,green,yellow,gold,silver)
LoZ:LA
Pokemon Trading Card Game

GBA:
Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2: TLA
Pokemon (fire red, leaf green)

i cant add legend of dragoon... it felt too repeatative to me... and the voice acting was irritatingly bad... "Double... Slash!" oh god... that annoyed me...
i personally dont think dark cloud wasnt that great... it was fun... but not epic.
and LoZ:WW was pathetically easy... and really boring... you spend way too much time sailing around in your ship, not enough time in dungeons having fun, i have nothing against the art style, just... it wasnt really a well balanced game...
and fire emblem wasnt really my cup o tea... so i cant add that to my list...

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:55 PM   #16
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Star fox 64 was the pinnacle of the star fox franchise.

After adventures (which I actually liked) they sort of went downhill, and it seems like the franchise is just going to die out. Just like Donkey Kong did.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:23 AM   #17
Kercon

Kercon is meh

From oldgen systems I had only Amiga, PS1 & 2 ,GBA =]
So for Amiga I think Sim city 2000 =] was one of my favourite games cuz I think it was one of first strategic games that I played =] of course there was games like The Settlers, Civilization or Dune =]

For PS1 In 100% Final Fantasy VIII ( for best one of series ) and first Persona but I can't remember if it was for PC or PS1 =_= Iron Fist Tournament games was great too =_= for god sake so many hours spent playing it >_< Final Fantasy Tactics =]

PS2 ... I think Shin Megami Tensei Persona 4 ( not that old but still =] ) Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner ( second one not that old =] ) Tekken 4

For GBA Golden Sun and Final Fantasy Tactics Advance

Kercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #18
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

im suprised that you think FF8 was the best... i would have to say that 6 or 7 would have to take that prize... since 8 had just too many problems... i got to the final dungeon at level 24... thats how out of whack that game was...

and for StarFox... it would be nice if they returned to just the arwing/tank combat that the original and 64 versions were... it was supposed to be played like an arcade game of sorts... adventures kind of killed it.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:11 AM   #19
Kercon

Kercon is meh

^_^ you could finish 7 whit 30 lvl too ^_^ if you wanted it for me 8 was the best cuz it was almost ideal whit fight sys and characters ... ( for me cloud was annoying ... for god sake I really dislike him =_= ) but don't misunderstand I like VII and even cried while playing ( you know when T_T ) and I loved playing VI but like I say for me VIII was best

Kercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #20
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road

8 is also greater than 7 in my eyes (cant say my favorite, 1 is) because the story line is just far superior. Yah Sephy is a better villain than the sorceress, but the overall twists and turns just seemed more satisfying. The cast going from cadets, to top mercs, to rebels floating around on a flying town, it just showed how much thought they put into the story to make it alittle more closer to reality and not trying to top 7 (which was their pinnacle in the fantasy storyline to most)

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote