You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
UniversalRemote

UniversalRemote is meh
Server Not Found

Whenever I try to listen to the radio or join the IRC it won't load and just reads Server not found. Also all the adds are saying the same thing. At first it was just the IRC then the adds and radio song list, and now the radio itself wont play. Do I need to update something?
Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
ClearMetalVoltar
Fan

ClearMetalVoltar is meh
Re: Server Not Found

the same thing is happening to me besides the cant listen to the radio part. i hope it gets fixed becuase i really want to see the song artist and cover and to rate it!!!
Old 08-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #3
JawnVick

JawnVick is meh

yeah I am having the same problem.

Old 08-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #4
Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
Fan

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is meh

allofmyrage.jpeg

Old 08-05-2011, 10:14 PM   #5
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Sounds like there's four or five different problems here. For the song playlist located on the forums and the side of the website it's called Marci. It's a third party application we pay for that's apparently had downtime due to a server switch. In that server switch they've had problems with their DNS. For the downtime we're getting a free month of service added onto our normal service plan. If you want it up faster I implore you to complain http://www.facebook.com/ajaxplaylist --- I've told the staff this, and I've also been waiting. I can't say I'm very happy myself, but this is the only option I have.

If you can't get the IRC running have you tried looking at the IRC FAQ page? It's located here http://918thefan.com/community/irc-chat/irc-faq/ It's been said time and time again the web-based IRC is one of the worst ways to connect. It's there for people to try out IRC, and then decide if they want to use it more often via the methods listed on the IRC FAQ page.

As for the radio there has been no problems with it what so ever. We had a downtime last night for an hour and it was reported on our Twitter, Facebook, and IRC topic. As soon as it was back up we reported openly it was back up. What problems you're having listening to the radio can be addressed if you tell us which way you're connecting. You might need to upgrade your flash if you're trying the web based players or even clear your cache. In addition you could try referring to this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDgVyTg8EEE for alternative methods on how to listen.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 08-05-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:10 AM   #6
DalekCam

DalekCam is meh

Yeah I've justr had to transfer over to Chatzilla, but my radios still working :3 But... the thingy that tells me whats due on next isn't working D: Hope it gets fixed soon :3

Old 08-06-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DalekCam View Post
Yeah I've justr had to transfer over to Chatzilla, but my radios still working :3 But... the thingy that tells me whats due on next isn't working D: Hope it gets fixed soon :3
As I said previously:

For the song playlist located on the forums and the side of the website it's called Marci. It's a third party application we pay for that's apparently had downtime due to a server switch. In that server switch they've had problems with their DNS. For the downtime we're getting a free month of service added onto our normal service plan. If you want it up faster I implore you to complain http://www.facebook.com/ajaxplaylist --- I've told the staff this, and I've also been waiting. I can't say I'm very happy myself, but this is the only option I have.

Old 08-06-2011, 03:09 PM   #8
UniversalRemote

UniversalRemote is meh

Thank you for replying Kana. Updating my flash player worked. I can once again listen to The Fan yay. Also that's too bad about Marci hopefully they will get things fixed but I'm just happy I can listen again :) and I will check out the other options for the IRC.
Thanks again
UniversalRemote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:09 AM   #9
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Marci is now up. There shouldn't be any other problems. If everything's addressed I'll be locking this thread. :)

Closed Thread