You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 12-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Amui

Fan

Amui is a splendid one to behold Amui is a splendid one to behold
Gun Collections.

Feel free to post pictures of your firearms here, I'll be updating this with more pics when I acquire more guns.

On top is my 12 Gauge Model 25 Winchester shotgun, I primarily use this for hunting deer when I'm hunting with dogs (not in a tree stand), Also works as a great Anti-Zombie weapon.

Under that is my Browning A-Bolt .308 rifle, used primarily for hunting in a tree stand and/or long range Zombie action, etc.

And last but definitely not least is my latest acquisition, a Yugoslavian M98 shooting an 8mm Mauser round (or 8x57 IS/JS depending on where you're from)

NEW: Mosin Nagant M91/30

The last image shows the Browning Buck on the trigger guard, in gold, and the scope is by Leupold.

The last image here shows the Yugoslavian crest, for some reason my phone resized the image and it is really tiny, I don't know why.

The last image shows the date of the weapon and its markings, it is a Mosin Nagant from 1927, all the serial numbers match and the matching Bayonet I got when I bought it seems to be dated with 1896.

First image is the entire gun, they apparently didn't like marking these rifles with dates so I can't date it exactly, probably made in the 60s or 70s, next image shows the attached grenade launchers sights and the 22mm grenade launcher itself, the next two images is the attached bayonet extended and retracted.

Again, feel free to post any pictures you have of your own firearms or firearms that you'd like to obtain in the future.

Last edited by Amui; 02-22-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Amui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Gun Collections.

Very nice! I have a few guns in the house, mostly hunting rifles and a shotgun, but they're supposed to be hidden (long story about keeping them from my brother's wife) so best I don't put up any photos. Maybe another time though... Keep us updated with what you get next! :)

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Amui

Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Very nice! I have a few guns in the house, mostly hunting rifles and a shotgun, but they're supposed to be hidden (long story about keeping them from my brother's wife) so best I don't put up any photos. Maybe another time though... Keep us updated with what you get next! :)
Thanks! I'm planning some serious refinishing/rebluing for the M48, I want to make it look great, and fix up some of the chips on the stock, I also need to have it inspected by my gunsmith and get any repairs if necessary, It is a 60-70 year old gun after all.

That way I can pass it along to my kids when I have some and they get older, along with the .308.

Last edited by Amui; 12-02-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:52 PM   #4
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

I would never suspect any of our listeners to have gun collections!
Just when you think you're seen everything...
I won't be getting a gun anytime soon since it would come out of the "Go to Conventions" budget, but If I would get a gun it would be Hello Kitty themed...
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road

I misread the title as "Gum collection" and that's why I clicked on it. I was disappointed. :(

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #6
grimdefeat

Fan

grimdefeat is on a distinguished road

well i have quite a few guns in my house in the gun cabinet the ones that belong to me are the ( not gonna worry about brands cus i forget all the time) over/under 12gauge one of the 22.s and a 22 pistol but we got plenty more including my dads nine mil which is fun to shoot

grimdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Amui

Fan

Did a little bit more research, turns out that my new rifle isn't an M48 like they had marked it in the gun store, but an M98.

Apparently when Nazi Germany ditched Yugoslavia and left behind their K98s, the Yugos took them in and made repairs/restamped them and used them........which suddenly means my rifle was used in WWII and perhaps the Yugoslav wars.

Last edited by Amui; 12-05-2011 at 12:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #8
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

I admire your collection, Amui, but think that Kana has the right idea, if for the wrong reasons: never catalog your weapons, as it only makes it easier for the government to identify and seize them. Let history guide you--the majority of your personal weapons should be unregistered and hidden, so that you'll have them in order to defend your family and self. And make certain that you have edged weapons, because firearms can be nearly useless in close quarters. Remember, a wise man will--and most of us vets do--love his country but fear his government.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Amui

Fan

Updated the list.

Old 01-13-2012, 06:22 PM   #10
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

Hey, I'm planning on getting some type of gun to go hunting with once I get my hunting license. Do you have any suggestions?

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #11
Amui

Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
Hey, I'm planning on getting some type of gun to go hunting with once I get my hunting license. Do you have any suggestions?
That depends on what your budget is, and what type of hunting you want to go do.

For bird hunting or hunting larger game with dogs/in an open field, a Shotgun is the place to go, and typically a 12 gauge is universally accepted for both bird and larger game.

If you're going for a cheaper shotgun I'd maybe suggest a Remington 870 Express, higher end would be a Winchester SX3 or something similar.

With a rifle you're typically looking for a .308 or a .30-06 for hunting purposes, and you're probably going to be sitting in a stand either freezing your butt off or sweating a river depending on your location, can you stick a scout scope on a Mosin Nagant and kill nearly anything alive in North America with its 7.62x54r round? heck yes, does it cost about $100-200 less than a decent hunting rifle? yes, will you be accurate over 200-300 yards? maybe not.

If you're looking for a teeny tiny bit more high end rifle, you really can't do wrong with a Browning A-Bolt or a Remington 700, I believe both can come in .30-06 and .308 calibers, and both are tried and true hunting rifles made from quality parts, I'd top either off with a Leupold scope and call it a day.

Old 01-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amui View Post
That depends on what your budget is, and what type of hunting you want to go do.

For bird hunting or hunting larger game with dogs/in an open field, a Shotgun is the place to go, and typically a 12 gauge is universally accepted for both bird and larger game.

If you're going for a cheaper shotgun I'd maybe suggest a Remington 870 Express, higher end would be a Winchester SX3 or something similar.

With a rifle you're typically looking for a .308 or a .30-06 for hunting purposes, and you're probably going to be sitting in a stand either freezing your butt off or sweating a river depending on your location, can you stick a scout scope on a Mosin Nagant and kill nearly anything alive in North America with its 7.62x54r round? heck yes, does it cost about $100-200 less than a decent hunting rifle? yes, will you be accurate over 200-300 yards? maybe not.

If you're looking for a teeny tiny bit more high end rifle, you really can't do wrong with a Browning A-Bolt or a Remington 700, I believe both can come in .30-06 and .308 calibers, and both are tried and true hunting rifles made from quality parts, I'd top either off with a Leupold scope and call it a day.
I mostly want to hunt deer.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #13
Amui

Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdwerld View Post
I mostly want to hunt deer.
Like I said, if you're wanting to join a hunting club with a bunch of old geezers and hunt with dogs (This can be the most fun you can have while hunting, but you really need to look for a club that is humane to their dogs because most are not), go for the shotguns I suggested or something similar, 12 gauge is basically the only choice for deer, anything more or less is overkill/not enough and you'll want to get accustomed to shooting 12 gauge buckshot because it'll pack a punch and your arm will know it, I suggest picking up a recoil pad.

If you want to sit in a tree stand for long periods of time and freeze and/or bake, go for the rifle, .30-06 or .308 are both great calibers to use for deer, and you'll also have to find land you're allowed to hunt on and probably invest in bags of deer corn and plenty of patience.

If anyone suggests you use a Bow to hunt with, they're an imbecile, a Bow usually will not instantly kill something and ends up torturing the animal, plus its a pain in the ♫♫♫ to track such long blood trails.

Old 02-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #14
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

I don't have any guns yet, but I plan on getting a license and a few. Going to inherit some from my Dad, and maybe buy a few others.
That Mosin Nagant is impressive. I hear lots of good things about them.

Kimber has some beautiful guns. They have a lot of 1911 variations, and the 1911 is probably, along with the Browning Hi Power, my fav handguns. They also have some great rifles.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/go...-gold-match-ii
http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84m/montana

Do want! Unfortunately, in Canada it's near impossible to get a handgun due to stupid liberal notions that the government will protect us, when in reality, police are at best a reactionary force, there to look for a criminal after a crime has occurred.

I'd second .308

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM   #15
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchoELK View Post
I don't have any guns yet, but I plan on getting a license and a few. Going to inherit some from my Dad, and maybe buy a few others.
That Mosin Nagant is impressive. I hear lots of good things about them.

Kimber has some beautiful guns. They have a lot of 1911 variations, and the 1911 is probably, along with the Browning Hi Power, my fav handguns. They also have some great rifles.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/go...-gold-match-ii
http://www.kimberamerica.com/rifles/model-84m/montana

Do want! Unfortunately, in Canada it's near impossible to get a handgun due to stupid liberal notions that the government will protect us, when in reality, police are at best a reactionary force, there to look for a criminal after a crime has occurred.

I'd second .308
Yeah, we'd love to lock 'em up before they commit the crimes, but the courts won't let us! And, no, it's not such a stupid statement--considering that so many of the people we arrest have been arrested before, a cop familiar with his beat can pretty accurately predict what calls he'll be having by who he sees out on the street. . .

*oh, and give me a Smith & Wesson model 65 (357 revolver) any day of the week!

Old 02-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #16
Amui

Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk81 View Post
oh, and give me a Smith & Wesson model 65 (357 revolver) any day of the week!
Revolvers are making a huge comeback in popularity it seems, so expect prices to go up pretty soon.

My personal favorite handgun is the CZ-75, followed by the 1911 and Beretta 92FS

Last edited by Amui; 02-08-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:23 AM   #17
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amui View Post
Revolvers are making a huge comeback in popularity it seems, so expect prices to go up pretty soon.

My personal favorite handgun is the CZ-75, followed by the 1911 and Beretta 92FS
I'm not at all a fan of semi-automatic handguns, despite--or maybe because of?--carrying them for both the Navy and the Police. I only own one semi-auto handgun, a Glock model 22, 40 cal. All my other handguns are revolvers, including my old duty weapon, a S&W model 64, 38 caliber. (Our department upgraded to Sigs, so I bought my old duty weapon--hey, you never leave your partner behind, right?)

Old 02-09-2012, 06:29 PM   #18
Amui

Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk81 View Post
I'm not at all a fan of semi-automatic handguns, despite--or maybe because of?--carrying them for both the Navy and the Police. I only own one semi-auto handgun, a Glock model 22, 40 cal. All my other handguns are revolvers, including my old duty weapon, a S&W model 64, 38 caliber. (Our department upgraded to Sigs, so I bought my old duty weapon--hey, you never leave your partner behind, right?)
I'd love to own a revolver myself, and technically in SC you can own a handgun at 18 if its sold to you by an individual and not a dealer, so we'll see what cards I'm dealt.

Did I mention I love South Carolina law? I love South Carolina law.

Old 02-16-2012, 06:09 AM   #19
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

If I were to live in America I'd want to live in Vermont or Alaska when it comes to gun laws. Awwwww yeah.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 05:05 PM   #20
Amui

Fan

Updated, I think you guys might like this one.

My new SHTF weapon.