Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 05-18-2014, 06:42 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | 91.8 The Fan Free Company | Server: Siren |

In an effort to keep organization among the 91.8 The Fan Free Company in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn located on the Siren server I've decided to use this thread as a central hub. With optimal organization we can begin conducting contests, forming a static, and helping new members experience the game between levels 1 to 50.

What Is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn:
Most people who visit 91.8 The Fan have at least tried one Final Fantasy game in their lifetime. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (or FFXIV: ARR for short) is akin to Final Fantasy XI, which is still receiving updates to this day. FFXIV: ARR is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) with typical Final Fantasy fanfare.

The game can be purchased for PS3, PS4, and PC. All devices are connected so people on PC can play with people on console and vice versa. By purchasing the game either digitally on the PSN store or a physical copy you get a single month of gameplay free. It's recommended to try the game for a month during this trial period and then deciding if you would like to invest in a subscription.

Subscription plans can be viewed on the MogStation as well as additional add-ons for your account. There is a standard subscription which allows 8 characters per server (a maximum of 40 characters in total) at $14.99 a month or an entry subscription which allows 1 character per server (a maximum of 8 character in total) at $12.99 a month. Subscriptions can be purchased in bulk and entry is easily acceptable considering you can be any class on a single character. Most people will never need different characters unless they're planning to play on several different servers.

In addition, SquareEnix has recently decided to offer a Free Trial and a Refer A Friend program. If you would like to reap the benefits the latter, post below and I'm sure one of our older members would love to help you!

What Is Our Goal As A Guild?
As a guild (referred to as Free Company in FFXIV: ARR) our purpose is to make sure everyone is having fun. That's literally it! End game content can be stressful and leveling up alone can also be a chore. The game is much more entertaining with friends who are willing to let you learn and experience the story of FFXIV: ARR for what it is. There should be no reason people are upset that you're dying during a fight you've never tried, so feel free to join us and learn to experiment!

We're Currently Seeking:
As we approach end game content, it's about time we try our hands at The Binding Coil Of Bahamut as well as extreme Trials. To do this we need a Full Party and as it stands we currently are only equipped with a Light Party (what this means in short is we have four people instead of eight who are up to this sort of content).

If this is confusing for you, don't fret! We will accept anyone willing to level to where we are, we're rather patient, but please keep in mind we need the following for a static:

We're seeking an additional tank that can communicate well with our current Paladin. Luckily our current tank can switch between Warrior or Paladin depending on your preference as both are geared. This is currently our most sought after role in our static.

We're seeking an additional healer (besides myself), preferably a scholar, but certainly not mandatory. Scholar offers a nice contrast to White Mage, and we feel their additional dots and single-target healing would benefit us during Coil.

Wait?! You Mean You Won't Accept Me If I'm Not One Of Those Classes?!
Not at all! Whatever class you pick it better be one you like, please do not force yourself to fit into whatever mold we're seeking for a static party. We will accept additional White Mages, Dragoons, Monks, Paladins, etc. A balanced party is optiminal, but is in no way required to simply have fun.

What If I Don't Want To Fight?
Then feel free to experiment with classes that make items! Yes, those exist in FFXIV: ARR as well. You can be a weaver, a fisherman, gatherer... whatever you desire. These classes are also helpful, so once again don't feel like you have to fit into whatever mold we're seeking.

Current Goals:
  • After four weeks of fun in the Duty Finder, a group of five of us were able to clear Garuda Extreme. Our next primal fight will be Titan Extreme.
  • As a group we've cleared up to T2, but many of us are at the point where we need to continue on with a full party for any sort of iLevel advancement.
  • We can afford a small guild house! ... however, we have decided to wait until we have enough for a medium. We're half way there so please help us contribute to the house!
  • In addition, I would like to set up a schedule for our recently unlocked EXP Boosts for those attempting to level up. I also believe we should add companion EXP Boosts into the rotation as well. If you have any comments or suggestions on this subject, please feel free to mention it below.
  • Once we have enough active members I would like to try some fun contests. I have a few ideas in mind, but I think it'd be a fun little activity for those of us who might be getting bored or certain content, haha.
I Want To Join!
Wonderful! We have absolutely no application process. Simply send a tell to Kanashimi Tenshi, Elk Nashon, or Haitei Raoyue
to get an invitation. If you would like to schedule a meet-up in game then post below and I'll respond as quickly as I can. In addition, you can also join our 91.8 The Fan linkshell whether you're a member or not. This will enable you to get updates and ask for help even if you're not sure about joining.

If you have any additional questions feel free to comment.

Last edited by Kanashimi; 08-07-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:02 PM   #2
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | 91.8 The Fan Free Company | Server: Siren |

I'm up to iLv 90 now, and it seems like one of the keys to getting fun stuff done are special fates and linkshells.

Besides the 91.8 FC we also have a LS for people i other FCs, and I'm a part of another LS as well called Coil Crusaders, I guess for Coil runs? Kana and I did some Fate grinding with Arnold Schwarzenegger in East Shroud from that LS.

I think the game on PC is down to $10 unless that sale ends which is actually cheaper than 1 month, and comes with a month so super good value if you don't have the game yet.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:04 PM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | 91.8 The Fan Free Company | Server: Siren |

Been a little busy, but I'm going to be making a schedule when to activate actions for better experience gain for leveling, crafting, gathering, companion leveling, etc. I should have the main thread updated soon with this information.

I'd love any input before finalizing. Thanks again guys!

Old 05-31-2014, 10:21 PM   #4
Zaane

Zaane is meh

I recently got some free time and decided to pick up this game and would love to get in on the action if you would have me :D

Zaane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:13 AM   #5
Elk

Mark from Canada

I'm currently working on getting all crafting to 15, then back to Leatherworker I think. I started off with Carpentry, but there's no money in it, and the only usefulness it'd have would be my Bard from 30 something to 50.

Just jump on the Siren server and send us a tell. Is someone's online they'll send an invite.

Old 06-06-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaane View Post
I recently got some free time and decided to pick up this game and would love to get in on the action if you would have me :D
We've got you accepted. Thanks for jumping on! Let us know if you ever want us to join you for dungeons or trials, we'd love to help. :)

In addition, I've been thinking about our action schedule. I'll finalize it once we get to Rank 8 and can get better actions, but I am quite excited.

Old 06-18-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Elk

Mark from Canada

Looking for more ranged/DPS as we've got quite a bit of healers and tanks.

Flexibility is good too. I've got a DPS, a healer, and I'm working on a ranged DPS.

I'm also planing on leveling armorer to support the new tanks we have, but I haven't started that beyond 15 yet.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:11 PM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

We'll be celebrating the new patch on July 8th at 6 PM PST! Join us as we experience new content, but please be advised that we will not be doing our weekly monster mark.

For weekly events, coil runs, and extremes we will have an official raid night on Saturday at 1 PM PST to 4 PM PST. Our first raid night will be the 12th!

Old 07-05-2014, 06:28 PM   #9
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

I'm not raid ready yet. I hope to be soon!
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Patch day was fun and successful! Thank you for everyone who showed up and enjoyed the new content together. Highlights were definitely the Kraken fight and Tam-Tara was really interesting!

Our official raid days will be on Saturday at 1 PM PST to 4 PM PST! Since we currently do not have enough people for a static for Coil, we will be attempting weekly Elite Hunts and Extreme trials in the meantime.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #11
Elk

Mark from Canada

Update on the main thing, we're in fairly desperate need of Tanks. So much so that I'm slowly levelling a Warrior myself, and generally people to play on Saturdays (or any other time really)

I feel like we should start doing EX trials as long as a bunch of us are around, so long as we don't have a full party. And then when everyone is around we should anyways!