You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 05-03-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh
Just Misunderstood

I was thinking about Shinji Ikari the other day and I thought that it'd be interesting to discuss characters that have garnered a lot of hate (possibly misplaced) over the years.

So I have a small list of characters I've grown to like or at least understand better (oh and spoiler alert maybe if you haven't seen Evangelion, Code Geass, or the past two years of Naruto):

Shinji Ikari: I won't go too into detail about it, so I'll just say that he whines as much as the average middle schooler, but has way more on his plate, so he should be excused.

Suzaku Kururugi: From his perspective, everything was finally going his way, then some masked guy comes and takes everything from him. Then he finds out that guy and his best friend are one in the same, which makes him feel betrayed. Of course he would hate that guy.

Sasuke Uchiha: I thought he was a total idiot myself for completely ignoring his brother's legacy, but then I began to understand that Sasuke thinks that maybe the village (and I guess the world if you want to stretch it) that would be willing to sacrifice the life of such a great guy (and Itachi definitely was a really great guy) wasn't worth saving.

So yeah that's all I got for now... It's kind of weird that they all start with S, coincidence?
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #2
Shidohari
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shidohari is meh
Re: Just Misunderstood

anyone with a name that starts with S these days must be a EMO i guess :D
Shidohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #3
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatx View Post
I was thinking about Shinji Ikari the other day and I thought that it'd be interesting to discuss characters that have garnered a lot of hate (possibly misplaced) over the years.

So I have a small list of characters I've grown to like or at least understand better (oh and spoiler alert maybe if you haven't seen Evangelion, Code Geass, or the past two years of Naruto):

Shinji Ikari: I won't go too into detail about it, so I'll just say that he whines as much as the average middle schooler, but has way more on his plate, so he should be excused.

Suzaku Kururugi: From his perspective, everything was finally going his way, then some masked guy comes and takes everything from him. Then he finds out that guy and his best friend are one in the same, which makes him feel betrayed. Of course he would hate that guy.

Sasuke Uchiha: I thought he was a total idiot myself for completely ignoring his brother's legacy, but then I began to understand that Sasuke thinks that maybe the village (and I guess the world if you want to stretch it) that would be willing to sacrifice the life of such a great guy (and Itachi definitely was a really great guy) wasn't worth saving.

So yeah that's all I got for now... It's kind of weird that they all start with S, coincidence?
I'm not emo!

It doesn't help that all these characters happen to live in a Cr*psack World. When it comes to instances like this, there's always going to be a character to fill this stereotype. As it goes: Angst, angst, angst... Makes things more interesting you see?

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:07 PM   #4
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
anyone with a name that starts with S these days must be a EMO i guess :D
Is this a confession?

If you're having troubles I can help you out. :D

Also, it's probably possible to rationalise most 'bad' character's actions. If it weren't they wouldn't be very believable.

æææææææææææææææææææææææææ æææææææææææææææææ
♪♫" I'm on the right track baby; I was born as mahay"♫♪ -- Lady GaGa

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Shidohari
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shidohari is meh

I meant with the names that start with a S in anime as far as guys go these days in the popular animes...
Shidohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:55 AM   #6
SoulArbiter
Fan

SoulArbiter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shidohari View Post
I meant with the names that start with a S in anime as far as guys go these days in the popular animes...
Perhaps it's all just coincidence?

SoulArbiter is offline   Reply With Quote