You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 10-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #1
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh
Sword Art Online

For those of you who have watched this new series on Crunchy Roll this is a very entertaining about players being trapped in a virtual reality video game that emerges the whole body into the VR game where if they were to dies in the game or remove the head set they would die. Now that the series has reached it's second season they are now entering a new game, but first I want to know what you guys think of the show.

What were you're favorite parts, characters and aspects of the show and what do you think of the new season so far?

Bobby Henshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: Sword Art Online

Well I like the over all series and I been reading the series

after all the characters get out of the game and start to advent into different new scenarios in different online games they lose the main Idea that was the over all game that if you die you die in the real world

I like how all the characters are develop as they are trapped in the game and how they react as the things happen such as losing someone important for good, kind a sad but at the same time it brings you to be more interested in it in comparison to the .hack series

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:33 PM   #3
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

I really need to watch this sometime. I've had it on my list for awhile!

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

idk about the new season , after being in the first game you were used to that world and the characters now its a fairy world and its alittle odd feeling

Old 10-23-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Finally got around to watching the first episode thanks to Crunchyroll!

All I have to say is HOLY CRAP AWESOME! And LiSA doing the theme song is the icing on the proverbial cake for me!

Shame on me for waiting so long to start watching this!!

Definitely a .hack//sign feel to the initial plot, but with a much more sinister twist.

This one may put other anime I have been watching on the backburner for a few weeks.

Can't wait to see what happens next!

This is making me miss gaming even more right now!!! Dammit, I'm gonna just have to break down and get the parts I need LOL

Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 PM   #6
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

I watched episode 15 yesterday and I'm still fuming about it. I'll give me reactions thus far

When I first started SAO, I got a basic .hack . Nothing really drew me to it other than the OP. Then once they got a few eps in and Asuna started being more of a recurring character, I really got the feel for what they were going for. Everything that built upon the relationship Kirito and Asuna have s perfectly executed and you really feel for them as a couple. Then you get to ep 14 and they both die. They just freaking die like it was nothing. It works out and Kirito wakes up in a hospital bed. A hospital bed that he's been in for 2 years on life support. And the first and only thing that goes through his mind is Asuna. Where is Asuna. Get to Asuna. Despite the fact that he's completely emaciated. Despite the fact that his muscles must so incredibly atrophied beyond recognition.

Then we get to ep 15. It's been 2 months and Asuna is still in a coma. Kirito is adjusting to normal life and his sister who's actually his cousin has a weird incest thing for him. He checks on Asuna just about every day from what I can tell. Obviously frequently enough for her dad to be used to seeing him.

Then we get to the source of my hate. I didn't even pay attention to what his name was because he makes my skin crawl with rage. This glasses jerk walks in and starts talking about how he's getting married to Asuna in a week and he's basically the one keeping her alive because of his computer system so it's clearly his right.

I can't believe that the relationship that the just spent the last 5 eps building and tempering to make you feel legitimate sympathy and love for Kirito/Asuna is being brought crashing down in a second like that. This dude is saying he's keeping Asuna alive when he has no idea what Kirito and Asuna went through together for the past 2 years. And on top off, they're trying to force this incest relationship thing Kirito's cousin has for him at the same time. I'm so incredibly mad right now that i almost don't want to watch more. But at the same time, I need some form of closure and reconciliation. I need to know that this is eventually okay somehow. But even then, once i know that everything's alright, I won't want the series to end again. I've watched hundreds of other things before that made me laugh and cry, sometimes both. I've have never been this absolutely lived from watching an anime before and I don't know what to do about it other than to try and forge onward.

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #7
Musamichi

Musamichi is meh

Overall, I love the series. While it had it's hiccups and issues with certain things, I enjoyed it. I'll be reading the light novel soon when I get the chance, because I hear there is even more to the story. I'd give it a strong B+

To respond to you Christmas447, I think the fact that the villain in the series made you hate him so much was an excellent part of the series. The last villain, you knew he was bad but at the same time, he seemed more like an objective than a boss you wanted to take down. Granted, Heathcliff was a douche among douches but the story made you sympathize with him a bit toward the end in a small way.

This guy, however, ... oh, ho ho this guy. Comes in and shows you why you, the viewer, want to take him down. Why you're cheering for Kirito to beat the ♫♫♫♫ out of him. Why you ball up your fist at every moment this man speaks. Making it satisfying when Kirito reaches that point and gets to face him.

Some people may hate on it or may think of it as a dot Hack clone but I would like to think the series did a good job with an existing concept and make it their own

Persona Revelations

Musamichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #8
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

After finishing the series, I have to say it's my new all-time favorite. I used to have trouble picking a favorite, but SAO has made me feel emotions that no other anime have. It also created a relationship between characters that I genuinely enjoyed watching develop. While I feel season 2 was a little hollow compared to season 1, it still was good in its own right.The music was great as well. I need to watch Accel World now, and I suggest everyone who enjoyed SAO to do the same. It's by the same author and t place in the same universe, only 20~ years later

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #9
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

it has made it to my top 5 list as well,

1. Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagan
2. Angel Beats (Japanese Dub)
3. Sword Art Online
4. Accel World
5. Girls Bravo (English Dub)

Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #10
Musamichi

Musamichi is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Henshin View Post
it has made it to my top 5 list as well,

1. Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagan
2. Angel Beats (Japanese Dub)
3. Sword Art Online
4. Accel World
5. Girls Bravo (English Dub)
You have excellent taste, my friend! =D

Persona Revelations

Old 01-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #11
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musamichi View Post
You have excellent taste, my friend! =D
why thank you lol

Old 01-09-2013, 03:09 PM   #12
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

I'm hoping these rumors about a season 3 are not true. Even though it would be interesting to see what happens, I like the way the series ended.

Accel World is definitely on my list of anime to watch next.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #13
Musamichi

Musamichi is meh

If the talks of Season 3 are about the story of GunGlaveOnline then I think that would serve better as an OVA series than an actual season of anime.

Like you said, they closed out the anime of the point where the story is over. It would be really odd for them to extend to 36 or so episodes and end it there

Persona Revelations

Old 01-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #14
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musamichi View Post
If the talks of Season 3 are about the story of GunGlaveOnline then I think that would serve better as an OVA series than an actual season of anime.

I'm with you I think thats what the are gonna do make an OVA's of that point in story line

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #15
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

Well the new season of Sword Art Online has been confirmed. This time it will take place in the game Gun Glave online and yes....there will be guns, and still no word of a Accel World Season 2 >~< gaaah!

Old 01-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #16
Musamichi

Musamichi is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Henshin View Post
Well the new season of Sword Art Online has been confirmed. This time it will take place in the game Gun Glave online and yes....there will be guns, and still no word of a Accel World Season 2 >~< gaaah!
Welp ... there goes my theory ^_^;; ... it's not like they'll have a lightsaber in the series(sarcasim lol)

Persona Revelations