Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Bayonetta

Anyone else waiting for this game? I'm not generally a fan of let's shoot everything in sight, but Bayonetta looks like it has one heck of a style. I love all the little subtle features, and just how out there it is! It's sort of insane, though I'll admit I'm going to be jealous if we don't get a limited edition with a pink Bayonetta gun. My cosplay dreams are ruined!

Anyway, the theme song was released a little while back and awesomely enough MiChi ends up with the honors or producing the theme song. For those who haven't heard it, I suggest you check it out:

Either way, I really want to know the story as well. Since this hasn't been released to most of the world all we can gather is what's been told in the trailers. It makes it feel like Bayonetta will be a big game of sorts with a twist.

Last edited by Kibs; 01-09-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:42 AM   #2
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh
Re: Bayonetta

wait... are the US censors going to destroy it? kus if they are... i dont know if it will have as much appeal to many...

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road

Heh... this game has some mix reactions from me. The story looks good, but then there are features like one handed play (Thats just CREEPY...) that draw me away because it looks like just a grab at action games from pre-pubescent teens...

Although I cant wait till start seeing cosplays of her :D

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

have you played it? -__-
it looks great, its like Devil may cry, but with an almost naked woman using her hair as a weapon.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Old 11-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #5
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

The demo is available if you have a Japanese PSN account. It's worthless fun just like Devil May Cry, and from my awareness there has been no talk to censorship for Bayonetta's US release.

Old 11-21-2009, 06:45 PM   #6
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

One handed play? makes the school girl outfit DLC seem a bit... XD lol

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:46 PM   #7
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

One handed play was announced awhile back and there was a video showing an example of it. It's basically just the control of the face buttons, and from my awareness is available only on the easiest of modes.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:45 AM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

On an update, excuse the double post, the US demo is now out. I highly suggest playing it, there's a lot of combos to learn so it might be best to learn them now. Game looks absolutely gorgeous, I can't wait to play!

Old 12-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
Mistress Victoria

Mistress Victoria is on a distinguished road

I'll be picking up this demo. Also, the spoiler tag doesn't seem to be working. (At least for me.. I'm using FireFox. x_X)

But yeah, I didn't really like DMC that much, but Beyonetta seems to be so much better. It's actually something I'm looking forward to.

Mistress Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:54 AM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Yeah, it's because the code was changed between my posting and now. Tweaks to the forums are still coming along and what not.

Old 12-21-2009, 04:12 AM   #11
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road

so I actually got around to playing the demo, and I was supprising impressed. I dont like beat-em-ups like Devil May Cry or God of War, but Bayonetta may actually deem worthy to rent and try out. The story seemed kinda complex for these type of games, and the combat was actually satisfying with the awesome animation in the moveset. I might have changed my mind... we will see

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM   #12
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I can at least be fond of Devil May Cry as a beat 'em up, but God Of War as a hack and slash can go suffer in a fire. *Coughs*

In general the story is what's getting to me, and bluntly how unique everything is. The strangeness of hair as a weapon, coupled with whatever Bayonetta is, whatever she's fighting, and why sort of add to the intrigue.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:05 PM   #13
Mistress Victoria

Mistress Victoria is on a distinguished road

I finished the demo last night and I have to say I really like the story and how fluid and pretty the animations are.

...I also like her sexy strut when she walks, although it seems a wee bit unrealistic, but I think I can pull something similar off. >_>;

Anyway, I'll definitely be picking up this game.

Mistress Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #14
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya

Elc1247 is meh

well, ive seen the demo, looking forward to trying it out, looks like a blast to play.

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 PM   #15
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

As far as I know it's basically just DMC, but with a kick ♫♫♫ female wielding guns on her feet. I'll probably buy it due to how elegant the main character is.

She'll be hard to cosplay though. Those shoes are, well...

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #16
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
As far as I know it's basically just DMC, but with a kick ♫♫♫ female wielding guns on her feet. I'll probably buy it due to how elegant the main character is.

She'll be hard to cosplay though. Those shoes are, well...
"Elegant" is not the word I would use. Overly sexualized is, however.

I can't exactly get into the ovr-the-top style, and now it seems even worse that it's been reduced to a game comprised soley of fanservice. There's blatant, and then there's "one handed gameplay" blatant.

Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #17
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs View Post
"Elegant" is not the word I would use. Overly sexualized is, however.

I can't exactly get into the ovr-the-top style, and now it seems even worse that it's been reduced to a game comprised soley of fanservice. There's blatant, and then there's "one handed gameplay" blatant.
Well, she's been about as sexualized as Dante was. Of course, most males won't see that unless a female tells them so.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:24 AM   #18
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Haha, Oni has a point. It's sort of like Metal Gear and Solid Snake...

Anyway, after playing the demo I can't say that this is just like Devil May Cry in the slightest. It feels more fluid, chaotic, and yet stylish. I always saw Devil May Cry as rough around the edges, but I don't necessarily get the same vibe with Bayonetta. Of course, I can't properly judge until I have the full game.

Old 01-02-2010, 02:02 AM   #19
Oni
Banhammer'd

I think you just appropriately described the difference between men and women.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:44 AM   #20
Loxes

Loxes is meh

I tried a demo of it, after eagerly anticipating for a while after reading a magazine article.

Harder than I expected, I needed assistance to get through the tutorial (although the guy said I wasn't the only one who had trouble with the spinny-shooty thing, so mmneyh) but it looked great and was awesome fun.

I want those shoes.

Loxes is offline   Reply With Quote