Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 06-18-2013, 03:26 AM   #1
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Next Gen!

I'm surprised this doesn't exist!

Anyways this is basically an all purpose general discussion of Wii U, XBone and PS4. Specifically games/systems that aren't out yet or are recently released.

E3 has come and gone, and it was kind of shocking how it went. I think most people I've talked with agreed that Sony "won" hand's down. With Siege being the only person I know excited for the Bone. Already a bunch of titles I'm excited for. BF4 looks amazing, but BF titles always do. Second Son, oh my god. And MERCENARY KINGS! For those of you who don't know, Paul Robertson s my hands down favorite artist. He played a large part in the Scott Pilgrim video game, and made a few awesome videos which I won't link because of graphic violence. A lot of his work is quite extreme, so I won't be linking it, though I really want to (Well, the non-extreme work. Some of his stuff even makes me go "what?").

I'll say I've already got my PS4 pre-ordered. Of course, I've already GOT my Wii U, so this gen will be WiiS4 U.

I've already filled up the first page of my Wii U menu, and the second is half full. With all the deals on Virtual Console games Nintendo's been having I've been getting a lot of them. Speaking of the Virtual Console, I gotta go check what the latest 30c game is, and if I have it or not... Along with that statement. I won't be speedrunning MMX anytime soon, as I'm too slow with my mashing even in the intro stage.

/streamofconsciousness

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Siege

One Night in Paris...

Siege is meh
Re: Next Gen!

This has been a hell of a generation, and its only been really around for what? Less than two weeks?

The drama! The intrigue! The twists and turns!

Had to go with the PS4 this time around after all was said and done, though.

I think...

Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #3
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

Meanwhile the PC smirks at it all...
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I still don't get why PC and consoles are even on the same plane. They're constantly compared, but why? They're obviously very different.

Anyway, PS3 BRAHS. Time to be PS4 Brahs. <3

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
LivingShadow

LivingShadow is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
I still don't get why PC and consoles are even on the same plane. They're constantly compared, but why? They're obviously very different.
It's because consoles are computers. The main advantage that consoles have is that the hardware (and software) is standardized so that the game devs know the specs of what they're going to be running on and thus can plan accordingly.
LivingShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

And what do you know after the serious problems Microsoft had with the Xbox one, they decide to drop the DRM and now games can be played used and shared, plus they also drop as well the always online with the 24 hour connection check to keep it running.

I'm not sure if this is good news since it took me by surprise, that and I haved made up my mind of not buying it any time soon

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #7
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingShadow View Post
It's because consoles are computers. The main advantage that consoles have is that the hardware (and software) is standardized so that the game devs know the specs of what they're going to be running on and thus can plan accordingly.
I know that most consoles are computers considering their parts, but it still seems like a silly comparison. The way games work on PC versus console is like day and night. The focus on MMOs is larger, you have more services like Steam, and streaming games has been around longer. It just has an entirely different dynamic than console gaming, but it's always brought up. It just seems silly to me and unnecessary.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM   #8
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
I know that most consoles are computers considering their parts, but it still seems like a silly comparison. The way games work on PC versus console is like day and night. The focus on MMOs is larger, you have more services like Steam, and streaming games has been around longer. It just has an entirely different dynamic than console gaming, but it's always brought up. It just seems silly to me and unnecessary.
That's quite true; and explains partly why the X-bone (i call the X Box One the X-bone) DRM system was so disdained. Steam is a form of DRM but people still like it cause it has tons of cheap games and sales. Disc don't go sale, do they? :P
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:46 AM   #9
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

In my opinion, the reason why consoles and PC's are being compared is the re-emergence of cross platform MMO's.

I can't tell you how many times I heard PS3/4 vs PC version conversations and arguments in chat during a weekend beta test for Final Fantasy XIV: Realm Reborn. Each seemed to have pros and cons. I didn't try the PS3 beta (from what I read and saw, the architecture of the PS3 is REALLY showing its age in this game)

If more games are made this way, we'll keep seeing/hearing the comparisons.

I really don't know if I'll be buying a PS4 right away...definitely not interested in the Xbox One (nothing to keep MS from re-enabling everything they said would not be on the console at release...they've done it with their OS software...think Windows Update and Genuine Advantage Validation..., there is nothing to stop them from doing it on the Xbox One)

Till then I'll stick with my PC and Vita...YES, I need to start using mah Vita again!!

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:57 AM   #10
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I've been playing the beta recently and I like it a lot. I'll pick it up for PS4 though, seems silly to get it for PS3. But that's a valid reasons for comparisons... I think my big thing is I don't understand it since so many games are owned digitally via Steam and other mediums, which is such a shame.

Either way, paid off half of my PS4 pre-order. HYPE TRAIN!

Old 06-23-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheflelouch View Post
And what do you know after the serious problems Microsoft had with the Xbox one, they decide to drop the DRM and now games can be played used and shared, plus they also drop as well the always online with the 24 hour connection check to keep it running.

I'm not sure if this is good news since it took me by surprise, that and I haved made up my mind of not buying it any time soon
With the DRM they also got rid of the 10 person "family" sharing plan which was the only thing they had done right comparatively. So after all the terrible press, they nix the one innovative feature about their console, and just bring it up to the status quo with Sony's policies. And even then it's weaker than Sony in the hardware dept. They've went from having one reason to buy one with a lot of reasons to NOT buy one, to no reason to buy one with a slightly smaller list of reasons not to buy one.

I just find it kind of funny that all these news reports fail to mention the bad with the good.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #12
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Probably because some "news reporters" are getting paid. Game journalism can be pretty dirty. When it comes down to it though Microsoft has Twitch, that's the "big one". Though it's been confirmed you can upload videos to YouTube, Facebook, etc on PS4 and I don't think the same has been said for Xbox One. Can someone confirm?