You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-04-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Highschool of the Dead Discussion (NOT FOR THE FEINT OF HEART)

16+ MATURE RATING! You shouldn't be watching if you look like this:

After joining Anime Network (http://www.theanimenetwork.com) I waited anxiously all day and night plus more (site issues,it was being swamped with viewers) for the premiere of "Highschool of the Dead"

Highschool of the Dead is one of my FAVORITE Mangas, if anyone knows anything about me, I have a severe bitter taste for horror films such as "Saw", "Friday the 13th", "Grudge", etc..
But Zombie flicks I have a sweet tooth for, I just love the idea of watching these people survive in such a horrifying environment, thinking to yourself "how would I have done it", plus its a great way to gamble with your friends on who dies and who doesn't.v

Highschool of the Dead is a simple formula: Zombies + Boobs x Anime - Rules = BEST ANIME EVAR!!!!

But enough about that lets get to the sexy details:

The anime itself already has an incredible soundtrack (I'm currently in love with the ED theme). While the Anime holds out on all the tasty flesh nom nom visuals, it does however create a great atmosphere, something you can't really get in a manga (You can read the "AHS" and the "OHS" and the "NOMS" but really who reads the background effects?). You see people being eaten, struggling, screaming. It gives a horrifying atmosphere, you think back to series like "Kimi no Todoke" or 'School Rumble" and imagine those simple lives being ultimately destroyed by this plague.

Of course we witness the first kill of a main character (I consider him to be since he plays something of a dynamic role in the first episode/act, like Hilda from Outlaw Star). I found it somewhat hilarious as to who Hiashi's voice actor was (Hiashi being the one who died). Who was he? Well heres a hint>

Without going too much into it, I was so happy, I had a set of a ribs ready to devour as the people where being nom nomed on. I'm not much of a chatter box or professional opinionated... of.... some kind... of person... that does things....

DISCUSS YOU CHILDREN!

Last edited by Kibs; 07-20-2010 at 12:52 PM.
Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote