Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-12-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh
ACEN 2013

May 17-19.

I've got my weekend pass. Planning to be there Friday and Saturday with one of my friends from work from open to close (Friday I'll be heading to the Kalafina concert! SCORE! XD)

I doubt I'll be able to cosplay (was really hoping to get my SSS jacket from Angel Beats! before then but it got lost in airmail heaven) anything else is pushing the envelope for my courage right now! lol So my Brie and Desu as F*ck shirts (unless some of my other orders arrive) will have to do!

Anyway, if any of you are heading to, or planning to go to ACEN and want to meet up at some point, post here. I'm going to be running amuck for most of each day, but can probably stop for a bit to hang out!

EDIT: It needs to be mentioned that I'm not staying at a hotel, I live about 1 1/2 away so kinda pointless :D

Last edited by MakiMaki; 04-12-2013 at 02:57 PM.
MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #2
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: ACEN 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiMaki View Post
May 17-19.

I've got my weekend pass. Planning to be there Friday and Saturday with one of my friends from work from open to close (Friday I'll be heading to the Kalafina concert! SCORE! XD)

I doubt I'll be able to cosplay (was really hoping to get my SSS jacket from Angel Beats! before then but it got lost in airmail heaven) anything else is pushing the envelope for my courage right now! lol So my Brie and Desu as F*ck shirts (unless some of my other orders arrive) will have to do!

Anyway, if any of you are heading to, or planning to go to ACEN and want to meet up at some point, post here. I'm going to be running amuck for most of each day, but can probably stop for a bit to hang out!

EDIT: It needs to be mentioned that I'm not staying at a hotel, I live about 1 1/2 away so kinda pointless :D
Sweet maki that you are going I hope to see you there, and good luck with your order hopefully it would arrive. I myself would be working for the Video games Dep for the con, any time I have free I will be hanging with people and taking pics of cosplayers, if I finish my cosplay of Izanagi from persona 4 I will be using it during the con

BTW if you havent buy the ticket for kalafina consert let me know cause I'm going to buy a group ticket tomorrow when they re-open the sales for the consert

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheflelouch View Post
BTW if you havent buy the ticket for kalafina consert let me know cause I'm going to buy a group ticket tomorrow when they re-open the sales for the consert
I was able to get mine on the first day (somehow) lol, but thanks for asking! (~_~)

Hope to see you there!

Old 04-12-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakiMaki View Post
I was able to get mine on the first day (somehow) lol, but thanks for asking! (~_~)

Hope to see you there!
Yea they had a problem with the seating for the tickets hopefully yours is fine since Yu are one of the few that buy one and yea I will see you there

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

Well the madness called Acen it's done and it was more kaotinc than other years so unfortunately I wasn't lucky enought to find you guys that went.... But on the other hand I manage to get to see kalafina and I got a few cool stuf even thought I did not buy that much

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 05-21-2013, 02:56 PM   #6
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Ah man, it was a blast! Kalafina highlighted a purrrrfect weekend of activities there. I'm sad to say that I missed both panels and autograph sessions for Yuu Asakawa, but she said she really liked Chicago, so hope that means she'll be back next year!

Definitely going to stay in the main hotel next year to stay closer to the activities! Well worth the money spent...and oh man did I break my wallet! XD

Sorry I missed you Friday Chef, I was in full-on-shopping mode at the Exhibit Hall and Artist Alley. Glad to see you were able to make it to see Kalafina. Did you end up with good seats? I was in row section 102, row 7...my ears are STILL ringing XD

Old 05-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #7
Cheflelouch

Cheflelouch is meh

Yea maki I manage to get enough time to see them and also to go to their panel and as well to the autograph session

I was on seating 105... Right next to the speakers so by the end of the concert my ears were close to bleeding form the good music they singed. And I did all my shopping on the last day.

Now time to start planning to the next con Anime MidWest and if I can get some one to go to Otakon for August

Proud to be MEXICAN

Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #8
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

I only went to ACEN, because of Kalafina. And if it wasn't for the fact we had to get back to the hotel in a hurry, I would have stayed for autographs, since I bought the album like two hours before the concert :p.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:49 AM   #9
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

I posted the few pictures that came out "ok" on my Twitter account. Definitely need to buy/take a REAL camera next time...iPhones are terrible with lighting changes and reflective surfaces.

Oh well, lesson learned! :D