Thread: NonReligious Sub Vs Dub which do you like
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 03:25 AM   #84
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: Sub Vs Dub which do you like

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorious0702 View Post
people who cant multi task shouldnt multi task i guess is not a fact it just makes more sense.
Multi-tasking is the act of carrying out two or more actions at once. The fact that prolonged use of subtitles can take away the ability to notice small things isn't because someone is bad at multi-tasking.

Quote:
if someone cant read and pay attention to moving pictures at same time then doing 1 at a time is better it doesnt even matter if its in english or japanese as long as they understand, thats my opinion at least.
It doesn't mean they "fail at life".

Quote:
I always thought english was more american than japanese. So changing something from something less to something greater would mean making it more like the greater. But that also is my opinion again.
No, English is more English than American, but that's just me getting technical. Anime these days rarely "Americanise", and if they do it's more likely to to the fact that the anime has aged and it'ss cultural reference don't make sense to the audience it's aimed at (Sgt. Frog is an example of this. However, you can always change the audio language. It's not impossible, it's as simple as pressing a button).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonediddly
How about Bebop, Trigun, Kenshin, Baccano, and Death Note?
Better, better, better, no idea, no idea.

I haven't watched the Japanese or English versions of the last two.

Besides, when dealing with "subs", you are literally talking about the quality of the textual translation. Are we going for literal translations, or translations that make sense? Are we looking at translations that use the words' true meanings, or translations that unessesarily change the feeling of the translated word for no reason (Damn it -> "♫♫♫♫" (More so seen in fansubs))?

Last edited by Oni; 01-22-2010 at 03:29 AM.
Oni is offline   Reply With Quote