Thread: Spoilers Gosick Episode Reviews
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 PM   #1
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough
Gosick Episode Reviews

Might as well put something up for everyone who hasn't watch this yet and plans to. Read at your own risk.

Okay, so after watching this I decided I wanted to write/type up a review about the episodes for this series. You know.. Okay, it wasn't after this. I wanted to make up some type of review, in my own way, about an anime I watched. I know I'll be sticking to this till the end. I'm a fan of detective series. However, I haven't seen a detective series in a good while. Will Gosick bring back my detective spirit back up, or will it just smash it with a pipe and a magnifying glass?

I now present...

GOSICK EPISODE 1 EDITION!

So, we start off with a common red moon, red cloud atmosphere. Something dark/evil has to be happening, yes? We then see a dog with red eyes and a hare (rabbit). There's over ten of these rabbits running and the dog jumps them. First, let me say THOSE POOR BUNNIES! Next, we see some old woman talking about a young man will surely die with some cloaked people (I'm guessing men?) next to her.

She's creepy, right? She keeps talking and tells the people to send eleven hares out in the wild. Next thing you see, ALL THE HARES ARE DEAD. The doggy/wolf/whatever it was killed every one of them. Those poor things!

Skipping ahead, we begin at the St. Marquerite Academy. Now enters our main character of Gosick, Kazuya Kujo.

Students in the school also call him (correct me if I'm wrong) "The Dark *or Black* Reaper". During class, the teacher comes in, Miss Cecile, and tells Kazuya to read more ghost stories. Yes, the reaper thing is all behind a ghost story. Though, it's "The Springtime Reaper". Our protagonist goes to the library of the school to learn about these ghost stories, one being the Queen Berry.

Oh. This library doesn't look that-

OH MY! Nevermind mind about that.

Anyway, the Queen Berry is a ghost ship, something about an alchemist named Leviathan, and a talking wolf. He then finds a golden piece of hair. He looks up and some type of gold light is all the way at the top of this library. Now, I would be curious but I wouldn't climb all the way up there. Do you know how far up this is?? FAR UP. But curious as our character is, he begins to run up the library's many sets of stairs.

Probably several minutes later, he makes it up. Yes, he ran towards the light and made it. The dark scene of the library is now colorful with many plants around. Guess who enters now? Our heroine!

Meet Victorique. She tells our character his future. She says how he'll be back at noon tomorrow. A few more sentences later, he freaks out and runs down the stairs saying, "a doll read my future." Okay, I'm surprised he didn't trip and still has the energy to run. Well, I guess it's really easier to go down than up stairs.

We find out the girl is actually a classmate of Kazuya, which explains the one empty seat in the classroom. The teacher gives him handouts for her and leaves again. The noon bell rings. Where does he go? Do you guys know? If you didn't say the library, add -10 points to your score. Our main character makes it up the forever stairs again and we see Victorique rolling around. She was bored while waiting for him.

Suddenly, the elevator rolls up to the top floor, or the current floor. There's a man in the elevator, but who could this be? Now entering, Grevil!

He probably has the weirdest hair I've ever seen. Seriously. It's pointy! Anyway, he's actually an inspector. Apparently, there was a murder. The person murdered? That creepy old woman right in the beginning of this episode. Wow. One minute scene and you're kicked out of the series for good. Nice way to leave. Her name was Roxanne and she was a fortune-teller.

The inspector begins to tell the story with a maid, manservant, and Roxanne's daughter. The door seems to be locked to the teller's room. The maid comes in and shoots the keyhole with a convenient pistol at hand. They entered and to shock, she is dead.

Ouch. It's like a scene from Detective Conan only this time there's no little kid solving the crimes. Now, Victorique begins to do something. She started to reconstruct the chaos fragments from the scene. Then, using some power she has called "The Fountain of Wisdom" inside her, she reconstructed the truth. If I had a power like that, guessing if a person is lying would be so much easier to know. I could win in a game that involves lying! She figures out who the murder is. Can you?

Guessing done. It was the maid in the hallway with a pistol! We find out how this happened and the inspector leaves. Next day, he's in the paper. Kazuya goes straight to the police office and confronts him. Since the other police officers don't know truly how Grevil solved it, he takes our hero to his office. He invites him and Victorique to the yacht he got this weekend. We also find out our heroine can't leave where she is without permission from the inspector. Now, I wonder why.

Skipping ahead to the yacht:

Wow.. What an oufit. The inspector gets a message from one of the officers that the maid escaped. He leaves the two of them alone to go catch her. Victorique goes inside the yacht and searches a drawer. She finds a letter. Inside it is an invitation to this big ship. Our two characters talk, skipping to a scene where they're about to enter the ship, and the episode ends.

-----------

My overall thought of this episode:

Hooray! I actually found a new detective anime! I actually liked it. At first, I didn't have it on my list to watch. However, I watched a trailer and was interested. I'm glad I did. I like where it's going right now and the preview makes me want to watch more. However, this episode is a little slow and could easily bore people. Maybe a little too fast for some? Like, quickly skippy. I mean, did they catch the maid? Why a sudden skip ahead at the end? It's just the first episode, though!

I really do love the opening and ending themes to Gosick. Now I want to listen to the full versions of these songs. See what you did, Gosick??

And now, my favorite character of the episode!

Yeah. I gotta give it to Kazuya today. You know why? He's a survivor! A SURVIVOR OF FOREVER STAIR MADNESS! Just going up those stairs about three times in this episode... Wow. I told you, my curiosity would be high but I wouldn't go up those stairs. There's just way too many of them. I think it would take me several hours.

With that, Kazuya, you get my Colette thumbs-up!

Episode Rating:

Seven awesome faces out of ten.

Well, that's it for this. Stay tuned to the next episode's post, which is likely next week!

Last edited by Kate; 01-07-2011 at 11:48 PM. Reason: PUDDI PUDDI!
Kate is offline   Reply With Quote