View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 11:29 PM   #38
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh
Re: Movies and Vampires

Despite all the pain that Twilight has put most people through, I think it opened doors for vampire fiction to get published more easily. Publishers see that it's popular, so they more readily publish titles that would normally be overlooked. I think it's a fabulous opportunity for authors to get their words out there.

That being said, a good portion of vampire fiction that I've found is still crap. In all my excitement, I bought a book where the first few pages were racy and marvelous and had nothing to do with vampires. Now that I'm several chapters into the book, I'm trapped with a Mary Sue protagonist, and all the original flare of the first few pages is gone and buried beneath pages of descriptions about clothing and wealth and blood wine. (Eugh.)

Still, some of these vampire movies don't look too awful at all. I've been told by a friend that the Vampire's Apprentice is an excellent book series, and it makes my inner-LARPer pleased to see so many interesting takes on vampires and werewolves now.
Tempest Wind is offline   Reply With Quote