View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #12
twillÿ
Banhammer'd

twillÿ is on a distinguished road
Re: Best/Worse Horror Movies

Okay, I like to break my horror movies down into sections. I usually watch zombie flicks, Japanese horror films (Imagine that, haha) and I really love psychotic horror movies that mess with your mind and are very thought provoking, as opposed to just throwing buckets of blood at you. I will list some ones that I like for this post; we have all seen bad ones and they are just not worth mentioning to me. You can tell when a movie is bad 5 minutes into it and then they should remain hidden from your memory after that point.

I likes my zombies movies, I prefer the well made ones, but sometimes silly ones are okay, too. Some Zombie flicks I like are -

Dawn of the Dead (I prefer the newer one, but that's just me)
28 Days/28 Weeks Later (Simply fantastic)
Resident Evil (Not really scary nor do they have much correlation with the games, but they are still entertaining to me)
Boy Eats Girl (Comedy zombie flick, worth a watch, but not very scary)

I also likes my Japanese horror films. I haven't seen much, but for me, the Japanese can scare me way better than American horror.

Ju-on and Ju-on 2 (...what we know as the Grudge)
Ringu and Ringu 2 (...what we know as the Ring)

Some movies that have just messed with my head...

The Strangers (Enough said)
Cry Wolf (Not so much a horror as it is a suspense, but man...)
Hannibal (All of them, especially Silence of the Lambs and Red Dragon)

Okay, last but not least I'm gonna throw in a film that is part of a genre I do not usually partake in. This movie was so well made and is so incredible it really deserves to be on my list. It's a vampire flick.

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Watch it. The best representation of Dracula I have seen since Nosferatu...made in the 40's! Lol.)

Last edited by twillÿ; 08-09-2010 at 10:10 AM.
twillÿ is offline   Reply With Quote