View Single Post
Old 11-16-2010, 11:11 AM   #34
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road
Re: What do you drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemused_Bohemian View Post
Moved from a terrific 1987 black Mazda RX-7 which had air-conditioning and the rotary engine with 266,000 miles on it to a new, at the time, dark sea green1997 Ford Explorer 4-dr 4WD XLT with a couple of nice amenities. I still have it and will think about replacing it when the motor mileage sees 600K. It's taken 13 years to get to 241K so this truck may outlast me. Say what you might about the tyranny of sports utes to wildlife and small cars this Ford has been the best darn small rig I have ever owned. I can sleep in it. I can visit the Utah Canyonlands 4-wheel drive trails with it. With the exception of 2 catalytic converters that were stolen for their palladium plus normal wear and tear on tires and other parts everything is still factory. I could never do any of this hinterland tripping with the old 1972 COE twin-screw Kenworth semi I used to own during the early part of my working years.....talk about poor fuel mileage (3.5-4 mpg)...LOL
TO.OF That is indeed horrible gas mileage...

I hope the cars I get last as long as yours have. That's pretty sweet that you keep holding on to it.

æææææææææææææææææææææææææ æææææææææææææææææ
♪♫" I'm on the right track baby; I was born as mahay"♫♪ -- Lady GaGa

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote