Thread: Conventions
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #5
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Conventions

If your parents are giving you a difficult time with going to convention it's pretty understandable (bare in mind I'm guessing you between 12 and 16). While it is all fun and games but theres also exhaustion (walking), money guzzling vendors and a lot of perverted older guys who are closet lolicon addicts.

So if you wanna convince your parents to allow you to go to these conventions, I bestow upon you some tips/guidelines for first timing:

Considering your age, it would be a good idea to include your parents or guardians or older siblings/cousins to partake in the event, even if it's just for one day.
Tell them to think of it as "time get get to know Kagra's hobbies"
If they are friends of Star Trek or Sci-Fi never fret, they tend to play Sci-Fi related shows that aren't anime.
Its always good to go in a group with friends and take precautions by having cell phones on at all times. While I've never seen a problem arise at conventions (yet), it's still full of large desperate lonely guys like myself -bawls-
It is also a good idea to check out the forums of the convention, asking questions, look at past convention photos, make sure you won't be bored there, you need to find something to amuse yourself for 8-10 hours.
Like me, I always set up a schedule for the day.
Let me show you an example from last year's Saturday at ConnectiCon (copied from my guide from last year)
Saturday:
- 8am to 9am "Sonic X" Screen Room 3
- 9am to 10am Dealers Room or Game Room (I wrote this because this was when my friends should have been arriving)
- 10am to 11am Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament 1
- 11am to 1pm Magic the Gathering booster draft
- 1pm to 2pm lunch at Tanoochi's
- 2pm to 4pm "Gundam SEED"
- 4pm to 6pm Board Game Room
- 6pm to 8pm Smash Brothers Brawl Tournament 2
- 8pm to 9pm Shoujoai Hour
- 9pm to 10pm Shonen-Ai Hour
- 10pm to 11pm Dinner (Burger King, YAY!)
- 11pm to Midnight drive around with friends
- Midnight to 1am H-Hour

ER HEM! But you don't need to worry about H-Hour >_>

But yeah try following these guidelines and you'll be golden, remember to bring a partner, never go by yourself when your young (or at all, it ruins the fun to be alone)

Last edited by Zero Gravity; 03-23-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote