91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Past Conventions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=149)
-   -   Youmacon 2014 (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3976)

Watome_shasuki 05-01-2014 08:37 PM

Youmacon 2014

Who's going this year? It's the tenth anniversary of the Detroit convention looking forward to it are you?

Kanashimi 05-02-2014 10:47 AM

Re: Youmacon 2014

We're hoping to go again, but it depends on fan demand and if Youmacon wants us a back. It's a great convention! I hope we can go again. :)

PaleShadow 05-06-2014 06:23 AM

I would love to go to Youmacon (if not for anything else but TFS) but my bank account won't allow for any long-haul flights to the US at the moment. *sadface*

Kayarath 05-08-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 37809)
We're hoping to go again, but it depends on fan demand and if Youmacon wants us a back. It's a great convention! I hope we can go again. :)

She means you should go to the Youmacon forums and request us at guests :D

Aoishi 05-11-2014 06:20 AM

I've worked staff at youmacon and I can only hope that they bring me back again! It's my home con and I love all of the guest that we get. I met Kana last year and she was a total sweetheart.

Kanashimi 05-11-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoishi (Post 37845)
I've worked staff at youmacon and I can only hope that they bring me back again! It's my home con and I love all of the guest that we get. I met Kana last year and she was a total sweetheart.

Awww, thankies! All the staff I've met there have been pretty awesome. Despite the stress of a convention, I always want to be kind to people because you guys work a lot harder than I do at a con, haha.

allanime01 05-19-2014 12:36 AM

I go every year, and this one is no exception. I even get to work it! Plus, it's the convention that me and the GF met up at, and 2014 will be our 1 Year anniversary :3

totoro 05-31-2014 11:48 PM

I'm going I can't wait to see a lot of my long distance friends I'm just in the middle of deciding if I should be staff, press, or if I should get a guest badge cause in all the times I've been to Youmacon I've never gone as a con-goer

Aoishi 06-01-2014 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanashimi (Post 37847)
Awww, thankies! All the staff I've met there have been pretty awesome. Despite the stress of a convention, I always want to be kind to people because you guys work a lot harder than I do at a con, haha.

We want the make the experience as smooth as possible for all our guest. I keep getting told horror stories from other cons and I desperately hope no guest who comes to Youma ever feels like we don't care. To me, it doesn't matter what you do. If you're a guest at the con, you should be treated with respect. The con worked hard to get you there and you should feel welcomed ^^

Kanashimi 06-02-2014 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aoishi (Post 37934)
We want the make the experience as smooth as possible for all our guest. I keep getting told horror stories from other cons and I desperately hope no guest who comes to Youma ever feels like we don't care. To me, it doesn't matter what you do. If you're a guest at the con, you should be treated with respect. The con worked hard to get you there and you should feel welcomed ^^

I've got my pocket of horror stories. I've found non-VO guests usually have more (for example musical acts, comedy groups, etc). I think you guys are doing a great job avoiding that, I know last year was tough due to some changes and with Midwest on it's back, too. I know that Youmacon will always be an awesome time~