91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Oy! =D (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=884)

DiaRiles 04-30-2010 11:14 PM

Oy! =D

So, my name is Diana. I'm pretty much the coolest loser you'll ever meet, as the saying goes. =] I'm 19 and I live in Orlando, FL, and am kind of miffed that my RL friend Kerushii beat me to the forums. This is oddly irritating since I introduced her to 91.8. xD Which is awesome, btw. My J-music is pretty limited, so it's awesome to be able to expand it here.

I've watched anime since I was young, although I don't think I even realized what it was at the time. I used to live on Cartoon Network and I saw random arcs of DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Rurouni Kenshin, etc. etc. I'm sure you all know what was airing in that time period... unless you were way ahead of the game and watched the stuff subbed online even THEN...

I'm not much of a sub girl while we're on the topic. I can if I really have to - meaning if I can't wait for the new dub to find out what happens next - but I definitely prefer to stay in the dub when I can. I think subtitles make it harder for me to grasp the action on the screen.

Anyway, I'm definitely into the fantasy thing. I got really into anime when a friend made me read an AU fan fic for Inuyasha before I had any idea what Inuyasha was. The fic was so good I watched the series and then began my serious anime addiction. Besides Inuyasha, I love FullMetal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Death Note, Ouran, Fate/Stay Night, Tsubasa, XXXholic, Bleach, and I recently just watched Kuroshitsuji... I was very hesitant about that series because I don't like getting attached to a series [or character] that doesn't have a happy ending [or at least a good one], but I really liked the ending to Kuroshitsuji, so I'm going to rewatch it and see how much more I can really enjoy it this time around. =] BUT my all-time favorite anime is still Naruto. I am slightly biased towards Sasuke Uchiha, who despite him being a total douchebag in Shippuden, is still my anime crush. [Btw, hated Sakura pre-Shippuden, but she became my favorite character... when she punched Sai in the face. =D]

Kay, sorry for writing so much. I write as my train of thought goes, so it can get kind of lengthy.

Btw, thanks to Chris for turning me on to 91.8!

EagleEyes 05-01-2010 12:37 AM

Re: Oy! =D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiaRiles (Post 12888)
Btw, thanks to Chris for turning me on to 91.8!

I read that bit first and giggled.

Great introduction. You get 5 cool points that may be used when ever you like. :ouh:

Kanashimi 05-01-2010 01:43 AM

Welcome to the site! I love long intros so thanks for taking the time and for joining. If you have any questions just shoot me a message~

Chris 05-01-2010 06:08 AM

Howdy ;]

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or you just want to say hi, you know where you can find me :)

Zero Gravity 05-01-2010 08:12 AM

Coolest Loser?
- does scientific studies and calculus-
-brain pops-

Regardless of my brain popping, Welcome!

Kerushii 05-01-2010 10:12 AM

KAGURA!
As soon as you told me about the site I was like Oh! They have a fourm! xD You are just behind the curve my friend. But our relationship is give and take- you show me new stuff, I show you new stuff ect ect.

I thought you said you HATED the ending of Kuroshitsuji! Hm... this is new for you fo sho. Ps I was just thinking the other day that we did not finish Marmalade Boy- TO DO LIST! :P

<3

Mollybibbles 05-01-2010 12:04 PM

You have got my taste in stuff to watch (except for Naruto but that's a whole other topic) I'm so glad you're joining us! Welcome welcome welcome!!!!!

ZshadowX 05-01-2010 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleEyes (Post 12889)
I read that bit first and giggled.

Great introduction. You get 5 cool points that may be used when ever you like. :ouh:

With those 5 cool points you can buy yourself a Pony :P welcome to the forum

Bonediddly 05-01-2010 02:36 PM

You have seen Kenshin, therefore you are awesome. Welcome.

Kerushii 05-01-2010 02:57 PM

@Kags Oh and I thought you said you disliked Kenshin. I can't freaking keep up with you girly!

Oni 05-01-2010 10:45 PM

Welcome to the site.

By your OP, it seems like you and I will get along well.

DiaRiles 05-01-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerushii (Post 12921)
@Kags Oh and I thought you said you disliked Kenshin. I can't freaking keep up with you girly!

I didn't really care for Kenshin, LMAO. I just said I watched it. As for Kuroshitsuji, I definitely don't remember saying I didn't like the ending. I did like the ending. It was dark, but I still liked it.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! =D

Bonediddly 05-03-2010 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiaRiles (Post 12948)
I didn't really care for Kenshin

http://trollcats.com/wp-content/uplo...t_trollcat.jpg

Aniki 05-03-2010 03:35 PM

I'm late to the party, but welcome! Your intro was longer than mine! But that was like ages ago...

And wow, that is a super cute avatar and siggy! Is that your art?

hounddog 05-04-2010 04:47 PM

Welcome!!

DiaRiles 05-06-2010 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonediddly (Post 13003)

LMAO!

&& it's not my art for the av/sig set, I just created an original character years ago who's become like my child, and she was a green-eyed, red-haired girl. I can manipulate a variety of pictures to look like her, just basic editing. I am very envious of the skill of whoever DID draw those photos, though. :beb:

twillÿ 05-07-2010 01:05 AM

I like the self-created, alter ego girl you have there. Very cute. ^^ Interesting idea actually...*goes into his brainspace and thinks about coming up with something like that*

Anywho, great intro, this is a little late, but welcome all the same! :wink: