91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   General (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What do you drive? (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1550)

mahay 11-11-2010 08:23 PM

Re: What do you drive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB (Post 22441)
PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB drives a '95 Jeep Wrangler =P

What would you do if you got pulled over? Stare at the Police officer? :giggle:

SoulArbiter 11-11-2010 08:29 PM

Hyundai Elantra. Had the thing since I was 16. Good time, good times...

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB 11-11-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahay (Post 22457)
What would you do if you got pulled over? Stare at the Police officer? :giggle:

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB actually did get pulled over by a cop while driving in an area where bob was "not where he was suppose to be" (lost). When the cop asked bob if he had been drinking anything, bob grabbed the dr. pepper bottle and pointed at it. First ticket ever for da bob.

moonhawk81 11-11-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB (Post 22464)
PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB actually did get pulled over by a cop while driving in an area where bob was "not where he was suppose to be" (lost). When the cop asked bob if he had been drinking anything, bob grabbed the dr. pepper bottle and pointed at it. First ticket ever for da bob.

#facepalm

ZshadowX 11-11-2010 11:47 PM

Quote:

ROFL #konroll

mahay 11-11-2010 11:52 PM

Quote:

That's pretty righteous! bob must have been fairly angry at that incident.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoulArbiter (Post 22460)
Hyundai Elantra. Had the thing since I was 16. Good time, good times...

Cool, I wish I still had my first car. a 2000 Focus zx3. But sadly, the ice claimed her as a prize.

EagleEyes 11-11-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

Bob I love you #toge

ScrumYummy 11-12-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhetorical Gamer (Post 22435)
Thats right man!!! Us brothers of the bicycle ride while you guys stay in traffic jams in your steel coffins!!! We smell the fresh air every morning and get exercise so we can look good for the ladies and good for that lady called mother earth!!!

Oh good. I was afraid I was going to be the only person like that in this thread.

Although I mostly use public transit, because the train stop is only a ten-minute walk and it's free in this area. But if I can't get somewhere by train, I go by bike.

If I need to go somewhere outside of bikeable distance, my partner has a veggie-mobile -- an 81 diesel mercedes that runs on 99% veggie oil. So <1% emissions. Plus we are vegan. Smug little bastards, we are :) yes.

ace8489 11-13-2010 10:21 PM

I drive a 92 pontiac grand prix. Its so sad to hear they went out of busniess I love pontiacs.

Erinovauch 11-13-2010 10:55 PM

Erinovauch drives his feet

mahay 11-14-2010 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ace8489 (Post 22508)
I drive a 92 pontiac grand prix. Its so sad to hear they went out of busniess I love pontiacs.

My friend had a grand prix, they were pretty cool, but he broke it when he decided not to put oil in it...

bemused_Bohemian 11-14-2010 09:40 PM

Moved from a terrific 1987 black Mazda RX-7 which had air-conditioning and the rotary engine with 266,000 miles on it to a new, at the time, dark sea green1997 Ford Explorer 4-dr 4WD XLT with a couple of nice amenities. I still have it and will think about replacing it when the motor mileage sees 600K. It's taken 13 years to get to 241K so this truck may outlast me. Say what you might about the tyranny of sports utes to wildlife and small cars this Ford has been the best darn small rig I have ever owned. I can sleep in it. I can visit the Utah Canyonlands 4-wheel drive trails with it. With the exception of 2 catalytic converters that were stolen for their palladium plus normal wear and tear on tires and other parts everything is still factory. I could never do any of this hinterland tripping with the old 1972 COE twin-screw Kenworth semi I used to own during the early part of my working years.....talk about poor fuel mileage (3.5-4 mpg)...LOL

Tried to use the Mazda several times as a glorified sports ute on the trails but because of low ground clearance I kept hi-centering on certain road ruts and darn near burned out the clutch 1 time trying to sail up an elongated 30% grade near Abo Canyon in northern New Mexico back in 1996. Cool car! Hated to part with it but could no longer get cheap replacement parts out of junkyards by the mid-90's to keep it running.

ace8489 11-14-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mahay (Post 22534)
My friend had a grand prix, they were pretty cool, but he broke it when he decided not to put oil in it...

yeah that seems to be a problem with all cars for some reason they just go bad if you dont change the oil or keep enough in it. XD

mahay 11-16-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemused_Bohemian (Post 22542)
Moved from a terrific 1987 black Mazda RX-7 which had air-conditioning and the rotary engine with 266,000 miles on it to a new, at the time, dark sea green1997 Ford Explorer 4-dr 4WD XLT with a couple of nice amenities. I still have it and will think about replacing it when the motor mileage sees 600K. It's taken 13 years to get to 241K so this truck may outlast me. Say what you might about the tyranny of sports utes to wildlife and small cars this Ford has been the best darn small rig I have ever owned. I can sleep in it. I can visit the Utah Canyonlands 4-wheel drive trails with it. With the exception of 2 catalytic converters that were stolen for their palladium plus normal wear and tear on tires and other parts everything is still factory. I could never do any of this hinterland tripping with the old 1972 COE twin-screw Kenworth semi I used to own during the early part of my working years.....talk about poor fuel mileage (3.5-4 mpg)...LOL

TO.OF That is indeed horrible gas mileage...

I hope the cars I get last as long as yours have. That's pretty sweet that you keep holding on to it.

Snapplemonkey 11-16-2010 03:07 PM

I used to drive a Ford Ka... until this happened to it

mahay 11-16-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapplemonkey (Post 22592)
I used to drive a Ford Ka... until this happened to it

#shockzune Oh dear. I hope you weren't at fault. How long ago did that happen?

Snapplemonkey 11-16-2010 04:13 PM

Oh that was almost 4 years ago, and no I wasn't at fault. I was waiting for a green light when this drunk guy crashed into me at 80km/h... that would be approximately 50mph.

I only got a scratch on my wrist, the guy who drove the other car is still in a coma... Karma I guess.

homie_jiraiya 11-16-2010 05:49 PM

just throwin my hat in on this one 88 caddillac coupe deville
sombrero by the way

grimdefeat 11-16-2010 08:49 PM

i totally ride a freaking bus or bike everywhere im freaking 19 and still dont have my freaking license but mainly because the dmv is a good hour from where i live.

Snapplemonkey 11-17-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grimdefeat (Post 22615)
i totally ride a freaking bus or bike everywhere im freaking 19 and still dont have my freaking license but mainly because the dmv is a good hour from where i live.

Don't bother, cars are just a waste of money, time and sanity (up-keep is just annoying).

Stick to public transportation, that's what I've been using the last 3 years. It's good for the environment too.