91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [PC] League of Legends (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2227)

Shigoshi 07-07-2010 01:39 PM

Good online game I play

Well this is a shameless piece where i try and get referrals but here goes.

The game is called League of legends. It is unique in that it is not a normal genre of gaming (it's something like online battle arena multiplayer something or other) and is great fun.

The game is free to play and can be played without paying a single pence or cent (which ever currency you use). You can pay for content to get it quicker but you can get all you need to play for free easily and often it's far more rewarding to earn it (you gain a thing called IP (Influence points) from playing games and with enough of it you can buy champions and things called runes. I advice you first get some champions you like first).

Anyway the game is GREAT fun but there is ONE catch I give thee. Use this link when you get prompted to. If you reach summoner level 10 You count as a successful referral for me and if I get enough I get stuff for free.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?ref=4bf6aa9a6272b

Not sure if you click it or not but just use the link ok, please...with a cherry on top coated in cookie dough? (And I will help ANYONE who does play it, I will help anyone get to learn the game, find me under the name shigoshi and I will find time to help yous out, in practice games or maybe real ones). I hope anyone who plays this game enjoys it, I sure did. Some people can be annoying but don't worry, you get that!

Mod Edit: You forgot to add a pefix. Try not to forget those.

OnePieceGeek 09-14-2011 12:18 PM

League of Legends

#truestory Alright childrens of the interwebs, we need to hav a talk...

Why has there not been a thread for this already? why have none of you felt the need to discuss LoL with each other! This is a serious problem that I intend to remedy!

#srsmad so get discussing kiddies! Who are your favorite characters? What do you build for them? How do you feel about Dominion?

Gatx 09-16-2011 12:34 AM

Re: League of Legends

I used to play with some friends from my dorm floor last year. I stuck with Taric mostly. Started to branch out more and play more support characters like Ramus and Malphite. Also I'm "theoretically" good at being a carry, as in only in co-op, where I can get the highest kill count, but that does not translate in any way whatsoever into actual games. Currently I'm working on my Rumble, I have not managed to win with him in actual games (but I'm great in co-op, lol), but hey, he's riding a mech so I have not gotten discouraged yet.

Aaanyway generally I don't like playing too often because I hate feeling like I disappointed someone, worse yet when they rage. I solo queue quite a bit (mostly because when I started that was the ONLY other option if you weren't playing with friends) so I run into that sort of thing a lot.

Elk 09-17-2011 03:48 PM

I'm back into LoL thanks to some people who kept bugging me. I got the PC Gamer issue that unlocked Cait and the Arctic Warfare skin. Besides Cait I play Ashe and Trist occasionally. I like Attack Speed too much I think.I loooove PD and Zeal, and i have to force myself to build Inf first.

joegoku 09-21-2011 06:29 AM

Hmm Im an EU-Boy so I only played in EU yet^^

I like Sona (Main-Char), Riven (the new Char xD), Veigar, Leona, Orianna and Kayle

Build: Sona (Full-Support/AP):
Start: Faerie Charm + 3 Health Potions + 4 Mana Potions + Green Ward
Final Build: Shurelya's Reverie, Boots of Swiftness, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Rabadon's Deathcap, the rest is up to you (more Def, more AP, more Support, whatever ;D)

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB 09-22-2011 07:31 PM

PiSsEdSiLeNtBoB got started back up after seeing elk mention it in the irc. Name is of course, pissedsilentbob. Bob has been using Master Yi, with alot of haste playing co-ops vs comps at this point.

christmas4477 08-22-2012 05:41 AM

Recently got myself into LoL, and it's pretty fun. My only issue is that The refer-a-friend program they have give away bonus stuff I want. If any of you guys have been interested in starting up, I'd appreciate if you used my referral link to sign up.

http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...15f43170392282

Elk 11-25-2013 04:28 PM

I'm slowly getting better I think, made it to Silver 4 by the end of season and have had a couple failed promos since then. I feel like I can make gold next season at least.

Kanashimi 11-25-2013 05:45 PM

I need to play ranked again, but the new meta is messin' me up hard.

Jubilee 11-25-2013 11:25 PM

This is the meta of supports....

May all solo-laners flee in terror at their sub-par gold farm.

Kanashimi 11-25-2013 11:37 PM

Supports too strong.

grimdefeat 11-27-2013 04:29 PM

I may be bad at the game but its still fun to play

Elk 11-30-2013 01:20 PM

I'm Silver 3!
Keepin' on chugging towards Gold!

Kayarath 12-07-2013 02:15 PM

I also play LOL, Profile name is Kayarath! feel free to add me to list of friends!

Kanashimi 12-08-2013 04:10 AM

Been kinda lax on playing lately, dunno why... Waiting for Snowdown though in hopes it'll get me into the game a bit more.

Myst 12-09-2013 12:19 PM

I've been playing League for just about a year. I mostly play ADC as my main role but have been trying out newer champions in different lanes.

Kanashimi 04-05-2014 05:26 PM

So, let's talk U.R.F. Who is your god-tier champ?