91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Introductions (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   A New Arrival (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3038)

LivingShadow 02-24-2013 10:35 PM

A New Arrival

Been listening to this station at work when I get tired of what's on my mp3 player. So far I've been introduced to quite a few good pieces and I've been hearing some old favorites.

Some things I'd like to point out:

You guys do have supercell on your playlist, but you're missing content from what I consider to be their best album.

Today is a Beautiful Day

Also, there's two groups I'd like to see added to your list of music.

Barbarian on the Groove
Or for that matter any of the music released by AkaBeiSoft2.

Wave
Probably one of the most epic classical composers I've heard. They've been putting out original pieces recently in addition to the remixes they started on.

Vocalists I follow:
Akiko Shikata
Noriko Mitose
Haruka Shimotsuki
Rekka Katakiri
Yuri Nazuka (Lily)
Kokia

Okay, all that out of the way. If you haven't guessed yet by that vocalist list, I'm a big Ar Tonelico fan. However, I do not think they should continue the series as the way the ended AT3 closed everything off quite nicely and I don't think they'd be able to reproduce the epic that they did for that series again.

Kanashimi 02-25-2013 01:33 PM

Re: A New Arrival

We have that Supercell album. I'm not sure if someone told you different, but we've had it since release.

Please feel free to request music here: http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2177

Anyway, welcome to the forums!

LivingShadow 02-25-2013 03:54 PM

I just haven't heard anything from it yet. Maybe I just haven't been on when it was played.

And will do. The location for requests wasn't that obvious so I'll post up there officially when I get the time.

Kanashimi 02-25-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingShadow (Post 35617)
I just haven't heard anything from it yet. Maybe I just haven't been on when it was played.

And will do. The location for requests wasn't that obvious so I'll post up there officially when I get the time.

Well, we have close to 40,000 songs at this point. So it's hard to hear it all in just a few months, haha.

LivingShadow 02-25-2013 04:48 PM

At the very least you at least have Supercell in your collection (and probably Egoist by extension). Good to know it's in there somewhere.

Also, what are the policies on music like the vocaloid/utaite stuff? Does it have to be on an album for you guys to play it or would it be possible for you guys to get written permission from whoever uploaded it or something? I'm presuming the former.

Kanashimi 02-25-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingShadow (Post 35619)
Also, what are the policies on music like the vocaloid/utaite stuff? Does it have to be on an album for you guys to play it or would it be possible for you guys to get written permission from whoever uploaded it or something? I'm presuming the former.

It has to be released on an album in some form for it to be added.

Animelover19 02-25-2013 06:58 PM

Welcome To 91.8 The Fan Living Shadow!

Cheflelouch 02-26-2013 01:51 AM

Hello hello
Welcome to the fan I see you are alredy getting use to the way music runs here thats good now is you wanna hear a specific song or music from an album why don't you join us in the IRC where must of the DJ's take song request(usually as a price for answering trivia questions)

moonhawk81 02-28-2013 10:53 AM

Well met and welcome. I understand your confusion about music availability--I know that the station has albums and artists not listed on the official playlist, but it's a huge list and updating it has got to be a nightmare. (That said, it would be really great to hear some Rapunzel or Teto. . .*cough, cough, hint, hint!)

Kanashimi 02-28-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonhawk81 (Post 35659)
Well met and welcome. I understand your confusion about music availability--I know that the station has albums and artists not listed on the official playlist, but it's a huge list and updating it has got to be a nightmare. (That said, it would be really great to hear some Rapunzel or Teto. . .*cough, cough, hint, hint!)

Both on the station, but I can't do anything until we're back up as is. :P

LivingShadow 02-28-2013 03:05 PM

How do you guys have the music stored? In a database or something? If so, it wouldn't be hard for you to set up something using sql or whatever language. If you do it right you could set it up to auto-update the list when things are added.

Zero Gravity 03-01-2013 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingShadow (Post 35664)
How do you guys have the music stored? In a database or something? If so, it wouldn't be hard for you to set up something using sql or whatever language. If you do it right you could set it up to auto-update the list when things are added.

http://esreality.com/files/inlineima...7469-magic.gif

LivingShadow 03-01-2013 05:42 AM

They don't call programmers "wizards" without a reason.

Kanashimi 03-01-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingShadow (Post 35671)

We do have one for Fanatics, always have. However, since we're in the middle of a move, it's naturally down.

Cheflelouch 03-02-2013 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LivingShadow (Post 35671)

Ja I knew they were "wizards" no wonder I cant do that stuff

Bobby Henshin 03-07-2013 11:26 PM

hello and welcome now if youll excuse me.....i have to go high jump kick a killer burrito