91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   News And Updates (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Userbars (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1131)

Kibs 07-12-2010 01:24 PM

Userbars

If I were to start offering to sell custom userbars, like the ones the staff have, how many people would be interested? #oh?

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke 07-12-2010 01:27 PM

Re: Userbars

wo! Im 100% of the vote :awesome:

Amui 07-12-2010 01:34 PM

I'd be interested, but perhaps that might cause a bit of confusion amongst new users as to whom is a moderator and who is not?

twillÿ 07-12-2010 01:52 PM

I have to agree with Amui. As much a I would like a cool Fuko bar, it would take away the significance of the flashiness and yes, probably confuse newer members yet to join. Ultimately your choice Kibs, but I say nay.

Twillbo Baggins, out. XD

dbull620 07-12-2010 01:57 PM

I think the sparkly username from becoming a fanatic is enough for the average user, and I second twilly's thoughts as well. I say nay.

TehScribbles 07-12-2010 03:10 PM

I agree with the others, It might be a good way to boost sales, but you loose something that doesn't separate the mods/admins from the normal users then. I say Nay.

Amui 07-12-2010 03:18 PM

Mayhaps you should offer a variation of the staff userbar to Fanatics, and offer names with effects (like sparkles) and perhaps larger avatar limit size for a smaller donation fee than Fanatics (Perhaps about $1-2?)
Just an idea i thought i'd throw out.

Chibi-Katanashi 07-12-2010 04:14 PM

i dunno, it isnt hard to figure out mod from not regardless of userbar or not. if it is that hard for you to figure it out, maybe you should take the time to learn the internet? ;)

AshFangirlLisa 07-12-2010 04:36 PM

I say yay to this. Custom userbars would be awesome!! =D

And I agree with Chibi, that members would still know who's a staff member. And if not, they'll soon learn who's a staff member and who isn't by visiting the forums and the chat.

EagleEyes 07-12-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twillÿ (Post 15726)
I have to agree with Amui. As much a I would like a cool Fuko bar, it would take away the significance of the flashiness and yes, probably confuse newer members yet to join. Ultimately your choice Kibs, but I say nay.

Twillbo Baggins, out. XD

I think he was thinking more of a customised font / color combination or something. As opposed to the current staff design.

Zero Gravity 07-12-2010 08:07 PM

Duh

toyNN 07-12-2010 08:30 PM

Is the poll indirectly for this "userbar" question? I'm confused (not hard).

I do like the special userbars for staff/mods. Perhaps kibs could provide some examples if these are to be styled a bit different from the staff/mod ones. Otherwise I'd vote "No". The sparkles for Fanatic usernames seems fine.

Kibs 07-12-2010 08:51 PM

if I do this there will be something else added to staff, no worries on that #shizune

Zehutsumei 07-13-2010 07:36 AM

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I wouldn't buy one, but it's a good idea.

Kyonikov 07-13-2010 11:34 AM

Yeah, I'd rather make my own than buy one (I do want one though). I dunno how practical it would be to have us able to make our own.

TehScribbles 07-13-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyonikov (Post 15784)
Yeah, I'd rather make my own than buy one (I do want one though). I dunno how practical it would be to have us able to make our own.

I agree, I would like to make my own. Although having a bunch to choose from might be an idea.

Amui 07-13-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kibs (Post 15761)
if I do this there will be something else added to staff, no worries on that #shizune

In that case i am all for it.

Louis6507 07-13-2010 02:21 PM

Wow, I would have never thought about it getting confusing. Yes, the first few times I was logged in, I didn't know those were mods or staff members. But, it wasn't very long, maybe a few threads of reading to realie they were mods/employees.

The rules seem really strict about impersonating staff or mods, but I'm sure if it was a purchased officially, ya'll wouldn't ban us after buying one. ^_~

Personally, I'd be willing to pay as much as $20...IF someone made it for me. I suck at drawing and have very little photoshop skills. My avatars and sigs were all made by others who offered to make them on the other forums I'm on, out of their own kindness.

So, maybe you could offer a lower price for those that wish to make their own, and a higher price if you'd be willing to make/design one for someone. Of course, that's up to your skill level/how much free time you have.

Parthmakeo 07-13-2010 04:45 PM

I would be interested as i am lazy with editing pics (no real photoshop).
and it depends on how much.

Kibs 07-13-2010 05:45 PM

What are people expecting as a price range?