91.8 The Fan - Forums

91.8 The Fan - Forums (http://918thefan.com/forums/index.php)
-   Vidja Games (http://918thefan.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   [3DS] Pokemon X an Pokemon Y (http://918thefan.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3127)

Zero Gravity 03-30-2013 01:06 PM

Pokemon X an Pokemon Y

It's finally happened! The 6th generation is upon us! And Pokemon is making the next big leap and moving to 3D models instead of using sprites (as far as we know).

The game will take place in the Karos Reigon (based on France)

Pokemon thus far:

Legends:

Pokemon with a type change:

Gardevoir (Psychic/Fairy)
Jigglypuff (Normal/Fairy)
Wigglytuff (Normal/Fairy) (Unconfirmed)
Azumarril (Water/Fairy) (Unconfirmed)
Marril (Water/Fairy)
Azurill (Water/Fairy) (Unconfirmed)
Mawille (Steel/Fairy) (Unconfirmed)

One of the things that REALLY excites me, is that finally, Pokemon will have a simultaneous release. Meaning the when Japan knows, we'll also know at the same time. We get the game the EXACT SAME DAY as Japan, as will the rest of the world!

MidnightDevont 03-30-2013 01:26 PM

Re: Pokemon X an Pokemon Y

I've got some pretty high hopes for this game based on it's trailers. I was never much of an Eevee trainer, my boyfriend is however. so he's super excited for this new Evolution.

I'm pretty pumped to see how that cute little fire starter is gonna evolve.

Zero Gravity 03-30-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightDevont (Post 35796)
I've got some pretty high hopes for this game based on it's trailers. I was never much of an Eevee trainer, my boyfriend is however. so he's super excited for this new Evolution.

I'm pretty pumped to see how that cute little fire starter is gonna evolve.

You mean the new Fire/Fighting type? #hellno

MidnightDevont 03-30-2013 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 35797)
You mean the new Fire/Fighting type? #hellno

One can dream that they will stray off the beaten path D:

Zero Gravity 03-30-2013 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightDevont (Post 35802)
One can dream that they will stray off the beaten path D:

It's actually believed that they're going to go a reverse weakness path and the final forms will be Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, Water/Fighting, as Fighting is weak to Psychic, psychic to Dark and Dark to Fighting.

But it's speculation at this point.

Zero Gravity 04-06-2013 09:27 PM

Pokemon has officially updated with a new Pokemon, an alternate forme (?) of Mewtwo.
I put the question mark because Pokemon constantly refers to it as a new Pokemon with a familiar look. This may be a completely different Mewtwo, possibly another Mewtwo clone. The Mewtwo in the movie posters have also been replaced with this new Mewtwo forme. Considering past trailers that have had animated segments that where never in the original film (Examples being Zoura taking the form of a shadowed Ash/Satoshi and having a much older/deeper voice, and Lugia being in a shadowed form when Ash/Satoshi was stranded in the ocean, most notably, the trailer following the Arceus movie featured Ho-Oh and Lugia battling, despite Lugia and Ho-Oh having no presence or mention in the Zoroark film).
It is possible a plot device in the film is Ash mistaking this new Mewtwo (which I'm dubbing Mewthree until it's true name/form is revealed) for the original Mewtwo.
Time will only tell. But the more I look at it, the more I like it.

nerdwerld 04-07-2013 08:40 PM

We need a third Marowak evolve form, becuase we need to show the best Pokemon evolution tree their due. I mean come on they gave Rhydon a third form, but Marowak and Cubone don't? Also don't give me the Kangaskhan theory, for Marowak not getting a third form.

Cheflelouch 04-08-2013 01:25 AM

The new design and evolution of mewtwo looks fascinating(now I know why you put it as your avatar Zero)

Zero Gravity 04-13-2013 06:46 AM

CoroCoro scans have revealed that the new Mewtwo forme and Mewtwo are indeed one in the same. New movie posters say in the background say that Mewtwo has re-awakened with a new forme!
No other new information was revealed in the leaked CoroCoro

Theory:
Based on the trailer (How Mewtwo was able to intercept Genesect using Extremespeed), added to the fact that all the characters as well as Genesect where slowed down significantly while Mewtwo was moving at average speed. It's possible this new forme is a sort of "Unleashed" forme, that gives Mewtwo greater power (Example being possibly time manipulation). It could be GameFreak's idea of allowing Mewtwo to regain his glory as the most powerful Pokemon (since he shares the exact same stat total as Ho-Oh, Lugia, Giratina (both), Dialga, Palkia and Rayquaza, losing to Arceus by 40 points) in existence.

Just a theory/

Zero Gravity 05-11-2013 08:25 AM

Some new Pokemon info!
Customize main characters (so far, only skin tone and hair color)
4 New Pokemon including a goat, a lizard, a japanese robin and a panda!
The region is called the Karos region.
Pokemon appear to be ride able (The screenshot shows the main female riding Gogoat)

it also appears that the Pokedex will be designed similar to today's tablets

MidnightDevont 05-11-2013 07:16 PM

I am way pumped for the customization, depending on how limited it is and what looks i can come up with i've got a few ideas for my trainers name. I can't wait to see how the mechanic of riding on the ram pokemon is implemented.

Also, PAAAANNNNDDDAAA. it's so cute! i'm naming it Patrick! or Xaio! depending on the gender of the one i catch! It's so CUTE!

christmas4477 05-14-2013 09:32 PM

WHO NEEDS A BIKE I HAVE GOGOAT

Zero Gravity 05-16-2013 03:57 AM

I wonder if Pokemon's movement can depend on weight/speed.
Or do you think Gogoat will be the only ride-able Pokemon?

nerdwerld 05-24-2013 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christmas4477 (Post 36196)
WHO NEEDS A BIKE I HAVE GOGOAT

I'm on a goat! What now people! I'm on a goat!

Zero Gravity 06-28-2013 04:05 AM

Overhauled an update with the recent Pokemon info released, include the all new:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b77baaaaf...u11ho1_500.gif

MidnightDevont 06-28-2013 04:07 AM

I've never seen a generation with so many fire types i want! I want a Talonflame more then life can say! it's like a pidgey....with fire! how could you go wrong with this?!

nerdwerld 06-28-2013 04:08 AM

Fairies might as well be called Dragon-Born.

Zero Gravity 06-28-2013 04:13 AM

I will laugh my butt off if Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable don't become Fairies

nerdwerld 06-28-2013 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zero Gravity (Post 36384)
I will laugh my butt off if Cleffa/Clefairy/Clefable don't become Fairies

Clefairy, Cleffable, Snubul and Granbul all are called "fairy Pokemon" so they should be fairy types

Zero Gravity 06-28-2013 04:47 AM

I forgot about Snubull/Granbull, but I would love it if Snubbull was a fairy, I like Snubbull