Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 11-06-2012, 12:06 AM   #1
Yumene

Yumene is meh
Hello everyone, fellow anime fans! I'm new!

Hello everyone,

First I want to say this place looks great, and I wish I found out about it sooner. I found out about it when I went to look at the guest list for Anime Vegas; which I will be attending myself as volunteer staff (since 2005); and I do currently live in Las Vegas as well.

Just from hanging out in the IRC channel, I can tell that this is a nice community here. I have been a avid anime fan for as long as I can remember starting back from watching Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball with I was growing up. I currently still love the Sailor Moon series, but I also have grown fond of Shugo-Chara, and Vampire Knight. I am also a big fan of Japanese culture and music as well.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here,

Last edited by Yumene; 04-29-2013 at 04:45 AM.
Yumene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #2
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: Hello everyone, fellow anime fans! I'm new!

Welcome fellow Staff Volunteer of Cons (I am Staff for three cones Acen, Animeworld,and Anime Midwest)
its always good to see new people showing up here with high motivation to be part of this site

^_^

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 03:42 AM   #3
Yumene

Yumene is meh

Thanks so much! Nice to meet you ^-^

This year I wasn't expecting to be working because I had won one of the free tickets from their facebook page, and I was talked into going as a regular attendee this year by a friend of mine but then not too long ago I saw they were in need of more volunteer staff members so I stepped up, I couldn't say no.

I love volunteering, it feels so much more rewarding to me. I love Japanese culture overall, and with my passion with internet radio, this is perfect for me, and also the community here feels welcoming too :)
Old 11-06-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Glad you found us! We're in a slight disarray going between two conventions, but thankfully our con crazies haven't scared you off.

I've been attending AnimeVegas since it's second year, and so to finally go from attendee, volunteer (maid cafe), press, to guest is kinda neat for me. There's a lot of neat people in the Vegas area, so maybe we've met. Either way, we'll be sure to see you as soon as I know what time my panels are, haha.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #5
Bobby Henshin

Fan

Bobby Henshin is meh

Greetings new member of our fighting force. You will find your uniform and boots over there, grab your gun and katana and on the other table and jump into the line over there next to the girl in the hinata cosplay. you see a giant monster just high jump kick it off a motorcycle. Next! lol jk welcome to the gang

Bobby Henshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #6
Yumene

Yumene is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Glad you found us! We're in a slight disarray going between two conventions, but thankfully our con crazies haven't scared you off.

I've been attending AnimeVegas since it's second year, and so to finally go from attendee, volunteer (maid cafe), press, to guest is kinda neat for me. There's a lot of neat people in the Vegas area, so maybe we've met. Either way, we'll be sure to see you as soon as I know what time my panels are, haha.
Oh I can imagine, as for myself, I have yet to go to a convention without helping out as a volunteer in some way (volunteering, staff, press, ect.). With the exception of BlizzCon since that was was fully staffed by employees of blizzard; lol. But the experience of going as an attendee there was an overwhelming experience.

That would be great! Sounds exciting!

Not sure yet if I will be cosplaying at all, I didn't really get to finish what I wanted in time; I just had too much going on. Maybe next time on that :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Henshin View Post
Greetings new member of our fighting force. You will find your uniform and boots over there, grab your gun and katana and on the other table and jump into the line over there next to the girl in the hinata cosplay. you see a giant monster just high jump kick it off a motorcycle. Next! lol jk welcome to the gang
Thanks, Bobby, hehe, heck I'm ready, bring it on! Nice to meet you as well -bows down graciously-

<--- cutest icon EVER! (Huge Pikachu Collector Here!!!!)
Old 11-06-2012, 09:49 PM   #7
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Well met and welcome. I've hinted before at helping with our newly-organized local con (Anime Blues), but have been told that I tend to make folks unnecessarily nervous. . .besides, I think they like me as a money-spending attendee.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:26 AM   #8
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumene View Post

I love volunteering, it feels so much more rewarding to me. I love Japanese culture overall, and with my passion with internet radio, this is perfect for me, and also the community here feels welcoming too :)
This is actually the first time As staff for two Cons but my third one volunteering and you are right all the rewarding of been a part of something so big as a con is Fantastic, all the people that you meet all the things that you can do, etc turn your enjoyment of the Con completely if it weren't because of the me as a staff I could have not meet cool people this year

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 07:37 PM   #9
Yumene

Yumene is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheflelouch View Post
This is actually the first time As staff for two Cons but my third one volunteering and you are right all the rewarding of been a part of something so big as a con is Fantastic, all the people that you meet all the things that you can do, etc turn your enjoyment of the Con completely if it weren't because of the me as a staff I could have not meet cool people this year
Exactly, you get to do so much more when you're actually working in some way. Which I love, because that means you have some part is making the convention what it is (no job is too small IMO). Not to mention all the experiences you get by doing it and the people you meet; indeed, so true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk81 View Post
Well met and welcome. I've hinted before at helping with our newly-organized local con (Anime Blues), but have been told that I tend to make folks unnecessarily nervous. . .besides, I think they like me as a money-spending attendee.
Heh, well, I don't think I ever made anyone nervous, but spending money always helps too :P

And thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone, it is indeed awesome to meet everyone :)

<-- I shall always use this icon, it's soo cuteee!!!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:24 PM   #10
Kayarath

The Biggest Troll on the website

Kayarath is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonhawk81 View Post
dude, I get nervous just hanging in the same IRC as you :P

Anyway, welcome Yumene! This is the promised land of Japanese/Asian music! Enjoy the bounty!
Kayarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #11
Yumene

Yumene is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayarath View Post

Anyway, welcome Yumene! This is the promised land of Japanese/Asian music! Enjoy the bounty!
Thank you! Nice to meet you as well! And yes, I like it already!

Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
Aniki

Aniki is on a distinguished road

Seems I'm late to the welcome party, but hello and welcome! Con volunteers seems to be the makeup of this thread, so I thought I'd chime in. Been working ACen for 8 years now, and I don't find it to be all magic and rainbows, but I do love the end result, all the while striving for a better result.

Now I just need to work on being more of a regular here... too bad my work blocks streaming audio on its firewall.

Cheers!

Aniki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:39 PM   #13
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

*falls from the sky*

Blasted loopholes!

Hi (insert name), welcome to The Fan! (insert generic greeting and small talk).

XD

Just kidding Yumene. Glad you're enjoying the site and got a chance to meet some of the staff at Youmacon! :D

*looks for loophole*

*finds one*

*falls through*

X_X

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #14
Yumene

Yumene is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniki View Post
Seems I'm late to the welcome party, but hello and welcome! Con volunteers seems to be the makeup of this thread, so I thought I'd chime in. Been working ACen for 8 years now, and I don't find it to be all magic and rainbows, but I do love the end result, all the while striving for a better result.

Now I just need to work on being more of a regular here... too bad my work blocks streaming audio on its firewall.

Cheers!
Nice to meet you as well, thanks for the welcome :) And I agree, it is't all magic and rainbows, lol, it can be stressful and hectic, but again, I agree, it's the end result, the feeling you get after everything, it's rewarding.

-shakes your hand then hugs- You should tell your work you demand the ports to be open!!!! jk jk, I know, I know, they expect you to ... work >.> But for me, listening to music makes me more productive when I'm working on the computer for my freelance work. Keeps me focused some reason o.o I'm sure I'm not alone in that, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventurous1701 View Post
*falls from the sky*

Blasted loopholes!

Hi (insert name), welcome to The Fan! (insert generic greeting and small talk).

XD

Just kidding Yumene. Glad you're enjoying the site and got a chance to meet some of the staff at Youmacon! :D

*looks for loophole*

*finds one*

*falls through*

X_X
lol, thanks, so how is the view down there? :P I'm good right here, I'm scared of jumping through random holes >.<

hehe, nice to meet you as well, thanks for the welcome :)

Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #15
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayarath View Post

Again, Yumene, warmest welcomes!
And, Kay, I'll see you in IRC sometime--but long before you see me! *arranges camo

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote