It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2009, 11:18 PM   #1
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Dead Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Dead Space is a survival horror third-person shooter video game, developed by EA Redwood Shores for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Microsoft Windows released in October 2008. The player takes on the role of an engineer named Isaac Clarke, who battles a polymorphic, virus-like, alien infestation which turns humans into grotesque alien monsters called "Necromorphs", on board a stricken interstellar mining ship named the USG Ishimura.

Dead On Arrival 20G
Complete Chapter 1 on any difficulty setting

Lab Rat 20G
Complete Chapter 2 on any difficulty setting

All Systems Go 20G
Complete Chapter 3 on any difficulty setting

Cannon Fodder 20G
Complete Chapter 4 on any difficulty setting

True Believer 20G
Complete Chapter 5 on any difficulty setting

Greenhouse Effect 20G
Complete Chapter 6 on any difficulty setting

S.O.S. 20G
Complete Chapter 7 on any difficulty setting

Strange Transmissions 20G
Complete Chapter 8 on any difficulty setting

Wreckage 20G
Complete Chapter 9 on any difficulty setting

Keeper of the Faith 20G
Complete Chapter 10 on any difficulty setting

Betrayed 20G
Complete Chapter 11 on any difficulty setting

Exodus 20G
Complete Chapter 12 on any difficulty setting

Epic Tier 3 Engineer 150G
Complete the game on the hardest difficulty setting

Survivor 50G
Complete the game on any difficulty setting

Pack Rat 10G
Store 25 Items in the Safe

Story Teller 20G
Collect 75 Logs

Legend Teller 40G
Collect 150 Logs

Full Arsenal 30G
Own every Weapon in the game

Z-Baller 5G
Complete Level 6 in Zero-G Basketball

Merchant 10G
Collect 8 schematics

Armstrong 10G
Shoot 50 objects using Kinesis

Marksman 5G
Dismember 20 Limbs

Surgeon 20G
Dismember 500 Limbs

Butcher 40G
Dismember 1000 Limbs

Freeze 15G
Use Stasis on 50 enemies

Crackshot 5G
Achieve a perfect score in the Shooting Gallery

Air Alert 10G
Zero-G Jump over 100 times

One Gun 40G
Beat the game using only the Plasma Cutter

Brawler 10G
Kill at least 30 enemies with a melee attack

Maxed Out 75G
Upgrade all weapons and equipment

Ragdoll Check 5G
Force an enemy into a Gravity Panel 5 times

Big Spender 10G
Spend 300,000 credits at the store

Full Contact 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Contact Beam

A Cut Above 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Ripper

Tool Time 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Plasma Cutter

Pusher 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Force Gun

Live With The Hot Ones 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Flamethrower

Autofire 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Pulse Rifle

Eviscerator 10G
Kill 30 enemies with the Line Gun

There's Always Peng! 15G
Find the Peng Treasure

Exterminator 15G
Kill the Leviathan

Brute Force 15G
Kill a Brute

Mindless Prey 30G
Kill the Hive Mind

Playing Catch 10G
Catch a Brute or Leviathan Pod using Kinesis

Don't get cocky, kid 10G
Survive the ADS Cannon with over 50% shield strength remaining

Kickin it 10G
Escape from a Lurker's grab attack 10 times

Slugger 10G
Kill the Slug Boss with more than 50% shield strength remaining

Get off my ship! 15G
Kill the Slug Boss

A few things I'd like to clear up for Wikipedia. This is not a Survival Horror game. I classify horror games into several sub-genres. The genre this game matches is "Western Jump-Horror", a game in which the scariness comes mainly from jump scenes, and feeling overwhelmed at times with enemies.

This game has gotten raving reviews, and a bit of criticism, a lot of people see this as the best horror game since sliced bread, however this game has more in common with an action title than it does any true horror game. The main criticisms are just that, that it simply isn't a horror game, but is an action game where you get spooked every so often (much like Resident Evil 5).

One issue I have noticed with the few critics I've talked to is that they won't give this game the time of day, simply because they don't see it as the horror game people claim it to be. This game is by far not close to what any real horror fan would be expecting, but that doesn't demerit it as a game on its own.

It's a solidly built game that is well balanced, very well planned out, and perfectly executed. The graphics are fairly standard for what you'd expect a triple A title to have. The in-game menus and video/audio communications are driven by holograms that leave a very cool and futuristic feel to the game, and with your health/stasis indicators conveniently placed on your back it makes it so there's no fourth-wall breaking menus and HUD on the screen, which I love in a video game. The game has enough of an interesting narrative (toward the end) to make you want to press through the repetitiveness of "go fix this, now go fix that", and is at least worth a single playthrough.

If you haven't played this game yet I'd say go for it, you can pick it up from most game stores for around 20 bucks now, and I promise you, you'll have a bit of fun with it, even if the thrills are cheap.

After having first played this well over a year ago I can finally say this game is out of my hair (for now), I finally took a deep breath and plunged into playing the game on "impossible" and in 4 days netted myself the hardest achievement in the game. Though I must admit, I was a little cheap, I spent about $5 on some upgraded armor and weapons for the game, which made things only slightly more challenging than playing on easy, combined with cheat codes that don't effect achievements, it was honestly just tedious to have to drudge through all 12 levels, the only real moment I almost died in was on level 9, you enter a mess hall and get attacked by about 10-15 monsters all at once.

Last edited by Kibs; 01-09-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote