Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 03-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Deception IV Blood Ties

This game released on March 25th, 2014 for PS3 and PSVita. I don't expect many people to be familiar with the series, which is a shame.

The game I know in the series is the last one entitled Trapt for PS2. I would consider the game to be a pseudo-horror game of it's time. The reason for this is due to the fact that you're constantly be chased, while given special powers by a demon, and you must set traps to kill your pursuers. It's very much in the vain that your weapons are minimal and you cannot fight back except for your traps. In typical horror games, you usually must hide, but here you'll have to run and position characters in the way.

It appears the latest addition to the series follows this premises, but introduces the concept of three goddesses (or demons?) who are giving you powers to defend yourself.

I don't have extremely high hopes for the game, the PS2 game was fun, but mediocre at its core. It is still a game I love, but at the same time it is old and doesn't have a ton of depth.

I could have gotten this on Vita, but since I had played Trapt on console, I wanted to continue with that experience. I was kinda "Vita-ed Out" when I preordered it since I have just played Dangan Ronpa pretty much straight to platinum. Not sure if I regret my decision quite yet... I also have no idea if the game has dubbing of any sort. Trapt didn't either, which made it feel odd since the games usually take place in a very medieval age... so doesn't have that old English flare so much in Japanese to me.

Thoughts, opinions, etc? The concept is very neat and if you're bored I'd recommend picking up Trapt at the very least. It's worth it for your collection just for the fun combinations of traps you can come up with.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:04 PM   #2
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Re: Deception IV Blood Ties

Oh! this is the sequel to that game you showed me before with the trap setting? It looks really interesting.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote