It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 06-22-2011, 08:11 PM   #1
littlefileuser

littlefileuser is meh
What makes you fall in love?

This is a dying question for me to some of you, noting on how some of the people here are from so many different age groups and ethnicity. So, guys, what makes you fall in love?

For me I don't really know exactly but I just like guys who are nice and sweet. What makes me fall in love is how I could respect a person so much that I actually want to know more about them and never stop xD if that sounds cheesy enough.

It's a pretty "serious" topic I guess and a hard question to answer (even for me, the asker) but if you could please try your best it would be so much appreciated :)

- littlefileuser -

littlefileuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:31 AM   #2
gannon133
Fan

gannon133 is meh
Re: What makes you fall in love?

I know what you are saying that this question is hard to answer. I have been asking myself this question as well but I will say it here.

I fall in love when someone actually accepts me the way I am and I can share my passion of various things and that same person I love can also do the same thing as well.

I know it kind of sounds...uh...'you heard this everywhere' scenario, yet it still strikes me back to this conclusion every single aspect.
gannon133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
littlefileuser

littlefileuser is meh

Right, I can relate. A big, important flaw in relationships is being to judgemental; you or the other. I think another thing for me too is that the person is willing and dedicated to me enough to "return favors".. as in if I listen to and help them, out of pure care, they should too. And it's cute. Of course when you start to date someone you only "like" them until you love them...in some hopeless cases such as me xD

- littlefileuser -

Old 06-24-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
homie_jiraiya
Fan

homie_jiraiya is meh

What make you fall in love is when your subconcious mind associates them with a mixture of lust and happines to the point of being unable to be either happy or satisfied carnaly without them...or so I've come to understand

homie_jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Zentaku

Zentaku is meh

I have always been fond of the shy, quiet girls with glasses, the "librarian" type. Will this make me love you? Not necessarily but it will definitely get me to approach you. This is kinda odd for me since a lot of people who hang out with me think I prefer the party girl or someone who would get me outside more often. But no, glasses girls are where its at!.

Anyway tho, with appearance besides it then becomes a personality issue. I'm pretty flexible here but I do have some things that should stand out. First off I need someone who doesn't just look at how one's dressed then figures out if they have any worth. Let's face it, outward temperance in an anime crowd i stick out like a sore thumb. I do NOT look like an anime guy so whenever I go to conventions and crap I usually get stopped and asked "what are you doing here? just trying to make fun of us anime peeps?!" in which I have to always rebuttal back listing off a bunch of animes I love. So because of this I need someone who doesn't just look once and judges instantly.

From that you have to be comfortable enough that we can laugh together. And I don't mean that "i think he/she said something that's suppose to be funny so I'll laugh awkwardly". I mean laugh hard where you don't care if you accidentally make that snorting sound, that's a good laugh!

The rest I feel you kind of grow on. Just feeling comfortable with them is pretty much the rest of my requirements. I've always had the idea of "love" as not necessarily a new feeling or anything BUT just how long you can tolerate a person over anyone else. I mean, let's face it. If you hang out with your friends everyday of everyday you will eventually get tired at them and soon become irritated with them for small crap. That's not to say you hate them now or that they did anything wrong but your tolerance for them is now thin. In regular dosage you and your friends will be the best friends forever but day after day after day and you'll begin to hate them. So I've taken relationships into something of that approach in where the person you "love" is the person who you have an extremely large tolerance for where in you can see them day by day and you don't become irritated by their every move. That is kinda what I see love is like.

<-- sheesh i just wrote a novel there.
Zentaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #6
littlefileuser

littlefileuser is meh

No, it's fine. And I can suppose those are preferences! Though I hope you become more open-minded in the future and not expect things from females such as they have to be funny and that they have to not be judgmental. For the most part, focusing on those things might lead you astray as to categorizing girls based on just that when there really is more to a girl; new things that could capture your heart or add to your preferences.

But really, I do feel the same way about the tolerance. People need patience and really, in a relationship, there will be ups and downs (even in a relationship with your friends). Simply, if a person cannot stand the inevitable ups and downs of their relationship then they shouldn't be in the relationship at all. As the proverb goes: "patience is a virtue," and if they really wanted to be with you, no matter how the long problem will last, they will wait and try to fix it. Dedication! Though this may not apply to some because people are affectionate in different ways.

I am doubtful when you say you get "tired" of friends though. Of course I have had broken friendships over little things but for the most part, people are all so different and endless (in depth) that I'm sure that if you took the time to understand them you would make stronger friendships that won't end up "irritated." Possibly you would have to become more patient!

- littlefileuser -

Last edited by littlefileuser; 06-26-2011 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:56 PM   #7
Dophanes "D!" Raosuke
Fan

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is meh

Someone who is in love with me, simple as that

Dophanes "D!" Raosuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #8
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

Hm, should I talk about love and emasculate myself? Eh, sure why not.

While love is a tricky concept, I find that the best experiences I've had involving love have been the ones that grew out of some form of mutual understanding or interest. This is not to say that the person I fall in love with has to like the exact same things I like, but at the same time I have a hard time falling in love with someone just because of how they look or behave. To put it concisely, I'm more interested in what's going on inside of a person that what's outside, and shared interests only serve to help discover this connection. I'm not saying that this is a deeper form of love than any other, or that it's even a real definition of what love is, but it's how I feel.

And with that out there, bringing manly persona back on line, sarcasm shields at full! You have the bridge Commander.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #9
mitamaking

mitamaking is meh

I don't know yet, I haven't. :(

mitamaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:42 PM   #10
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

A rather difficult topic, some people fall in love at first site, some take forever to fall in love.
Myself personally, I need to get to know someone, I don't believe in "love at first site"

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #11
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Depends if the other Pokemon knows attract or not.

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:41 PM   #12
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubilee View Post
Depends if the other Pokemon knows attract or not.
I fell in love with Magikarp. Her Splash was mesmerizing. :o

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:58 PM   #13
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

NEWS SPLASH!

That Magikarp was male!

Look at his surprise at his own gender!

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #14
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

And so much for seriousness...;-p
Still, love is a fascinating concept--I don't think someone really falls in love, so to speak, so much as they become infatuated. If this initial infatuation is nurtured by both, it can become love, even as a small acorn can become a giant oak. I'm sure you've heard that relationships are work--and they are!--but so is love itself. Infatuations can fade, but love must maintain itself through distance both physical and emotional, as when comes that first jarring sense of loss when you feel misunderstood by that one person whom you trusted to understand you always. Remember, falling is easy because gravity does all the work; it's the getting up and on with things that requires effort. Falling in love requires only the one who falls, whereas being in love requires the constant efforts of both.

Last edited by moonhawk81; 06-30-2011 at 10:43 AM.
moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 02:46 AM   #15
jessileo127
Fan

jessileo127 is meh

Love to me is something thats hard to find, you have to have it first of all before you can find it.
I never look for looks, for me its all about personality, (Though looks may help a bit), I'd like to find someone that can accept me for me, all quirks included. Someone mature but not so that he still has a good sense of humour.

Or I could just settle for Jhonny Depp/ David Tennant/ Jhon Barrowman.

EVERY DAY IS SPECIAL

jessileo127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #16
Aulann

Aulann is meh

I look for someone who can understand me and is able to share with me their joys and pain and is able to help me with my own pain and sorrow.
Aulann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 05:22 AM   #17
Torry

Torry is meh

Someone who isnt judgemental of someones appearance, someone who has intelligence. <3 someone irl

Torry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:13 AM   #18
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

Don't know, my taste confuse me. I fell for a skinny, dark haired, pale, gamer nerd, talented bass player. I liked my friend that was still skinny, pale and a gamer but not as attractive. I currently like a mixture of guys, only one goes to church with me, happens to be a minister and used to be a jock, that surprised me. I also like a artist thats cute, dark haired and is a gamer but there is barely a chance I'd be able to date him. Well anything is possible. I have mixed preferences, most guys I don't find attractive until I get to know them. My friend that I liked, he killed my skinny, glasses wearing, nerd fetish [like RJ Berger] that I had before the fad. One guy I almost dated, I found his unique features attractive and he was like a skeleton with skin, I liked him, he wanted to date me, left in infatuation, we lost contact, I'm over him but I do worry a bit because of some things he told me.

Osaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 05:55 PM   #19
Nirvash_Redemption
Fan

Nirvash_Redemption is meh

Short, abridged answer: Someone who will stand with you, through the worst and best of times, regardless of the circumstances, and still care.

"Don't ask for it; go win it on your own. Do that and you'll succeed."
"When you think of music or movies, instead of remembering what they are about you're more likely to be reminded of the memories you have of that time and the people you knew then."

Nirvash_Redemption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:40 PM   #20
Osaka
Fan

Osaka is meh

@Nirvash True, we all need that. Though even some people that are like that are you brother and/or sister figure in life. Love is complicated, sometimes absurd and wonderful.

Osaka is offline   Reply With Quote