Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 12-02-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Reputation?!?

So I was asked about this a bit back, and I finally have a few minutes to really explain it in depth.

What is rep?
Reputation, plain and simple, is a numerical value on what the other members think of you, a green rep is good, a red rep is bad.

How do I get rep?
The best way to earn rep is by being loved! Participating in discussions and being nice will oft get you some rep. Remember, the more rep you collect, the more rep power you have!

What is rep power?
Rep power is the number of points with which you can effect another member's rep, weather negative or positive.

How do I get more rep power?
Collect rep! But don't worry if people don't rep you you still can get more rep power! For every 100 posts you make and for every 31 days you are registered you will gain 1 point of rep power.

What does this mean?
It means if you positively rep someone you are helping them work towards more green bars (or less red bars) and more rep power themselves!

How do I use my rep?
Simply click this button under a user's post that you think deserves some rep, then decide weather you approve (pos rep) or disapprove (neg rep), and click submit!

Why can't I use my rep?!?
You can only use your reputation when you have 15 posts.

What are the limits?
You can only rep 3 people per 24 hours, and you can only rep the same person after you've repped 20 other people.

Why do admins have 667 rep power?
Admins have special privileges, and sometimes someone will do something that's simply amazing, or simply deplorable, and that will warrant an admin rep/de-rep. Don't stress out over it, though, none of our admins will be using it very often!

That about sums it up, if you have any questions feel free to ask them in the comments.

Last edited by Kibs; 12-02-2009 at 09:03 PM.
Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 01:46 PM   #2
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Reputation?!?

For every 100 posts you say? You mean like right now? On my 100TH post?
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 03:16 PM   #3
Shadows_Revenge
Fan

Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road

I like my 0 rep power... it shows that I joined so early I glitched the system

Edit: I got 2 now??? wtf... I must look into this...

Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #4
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #5
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

Rock on BD, though my favourite one is the Fight Club "You are not your Post Count" Animated gif.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
Bonediddly
Fan

Bonediddly is on a distinguished road

**Image removed due to cursing

Last edited by Kibs; 03-11-2012 at 02:32 AM.
Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:48 AM   #7
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

I have a question. When I check my profile, it says I have 667 rep, while here in the forums, I have 14. Why?

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas4477 View Post
I have a question. When I check my profile, it says I have 667 rep, while here in the forums, I have 14. Why?
Reputation points and reputation power are different things, the 667 points you have are from an administrator giving you reputation, 667 rep points translates into 14 rep power. There are a few factors that go into translation, but you can think of rep power being a fraction of your rep points.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:45 PM   #9
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibs View Post
Reputation points and reputation power are different things, the 667 points you have are from an administrator giving you reputation, 667 rep points translates into 14 rep power. There are a few factors that go into translation, but you can think of rep power being a fraction of your rep points.
Okay, I get it now. You Admins must have colossal rep points then.

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #10
Kibs

Fanatic

we can set it to whatever we want