Rodent 0 0%
Other 2 4.00%
No 6 12.00%
Reptile 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-18-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
Kibs

Fanatic

Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kibs is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Pet Poll

Settle my curiosity, and help us with our demographics. Do you own a pet? Answer via poll, pl0x.

Also post how many of each you own, and if other, explain.

Last edited by Kibs; 03-18-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Kibs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #2
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough
Re: Pet Poll

I owned 2 cats, Mickey and the mother cat Spunky, they both passed away

I had a Boston Terrier who passed away last christmas, his name was Bugsy he lied to be 15.
I currently own a Black Lab who is 11, and a Scottish Terrier who turned 1 this new years eve.
the black lab's name is Maisy, and the Scottish terrier's name is Fergus

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
Chris

asdf

Chris is on a distinguished road

I own two kitteh's

One's a two year old female who's over weight and hates everybody except for me named Callie, and the other is a little sandy colored kitten who loves everybody and everything named Neko. And for some odd reason they're best friends.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/918TheFanChris
Add me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/918TheFanChris

Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh

I own a black cat named Elsa. My family has a cooncat named Misty, another black cat named Tiny and last a Rat terrier named Gidget.

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:08 PM   #5
Lesserpawn

Lesserpawn is meh

I have two cats - Bonnie and Clyde (I wanted to call them Jesse and James, but was outvoted).

Lesserpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
helixD

Fanatic

helixD is meh

Kitty
YGOTAS Merch http://sharkrobot.com/yugioh-abridged

helixD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

I've got one super shedder cat named chester who's a total attention hogger and a wheaten terrier named Kodiac because he looks like a fuzzy bear cub.

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #8
Kadmos

Kadmos is meh

I have a male black Lab mix named Thor. He's about a year or year and a half.
Kadmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM   #9
Tempest Wind

Seki Tomokazu Fangirl

Tempest Wind is meh

So we were given two giant goldfish, then my stepbrother also gave us a catfish, which mom kept mistaking for dead and flipping out over. One goldfish died and we felt bad, so we bought a koi to keep the remaining goldfish company. Now keep in mind: we have an outdoor fishpond. Right.

So months later, baby fish showed up: a good 14 of them. We immediately blamed the koi and goldfish, since the catfish was about 1/8 their size and last I heard, didn't mate with koi nor goldfish.

The babies hatched in this adorable shade of black. We assumed koi/goldfish babies must look like that. But it's been a year and they're still black and for some reason they closely resemble bass.

The fish pond is not attached to any outside water source and it's a good several blocks from the lake. It's also rather well-covered. Any and all plants in the pond have been there for two years now, and the catfish was isolated in a separate fish tank for a number of months before he entered the pond.

So... Koi + goldfish = BASS??? Not last I checked. A friend joked and said bass were "naturally occurring."

Since the winter (and despite the heater) several of the babies did not survive. That's to be expected, though mom mourned each one. I think we're down to 7 babies, the koi, the goldfish, and the catfish.

Tempest Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
Colorado Avalanche

Colorado Avalanche is meh

I have 3 fish.

They are not name or anything. But there is this big one that likes to pist off the other two.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #11
bemused_Bohemian

Fanatic

bemused_Bohemian is meh

On 1 of the electronic bid-sell sites I go by the moniker "4catdoorman". Over the years my life has been blessed/graced with the presence of felines who tolerated my silliness toward them. Recently I used to have 4 cats: Hank (abandoned, gave him a home), Calico (she'll be 15 in human years this Easter, still a schizo), Boo & Tia (2 Siamese littermates: he weighs in at 23 lbs, she at 8.5 lbs). I have lived with several species of domestic shorthair cats over the years but Siamese are my absolute favorites. Hank met his fate with a raccoon, large dog, or a fox, but not sure. I know I came home and found him dead at the front door with a lot of flower pots overturned nearby. Calico may meet hers with the dynamic duo comprised of Tia & Boo. Tia is 1 very jealous kitty.

Reading 1 of the earlier posts about goldfish....I used to live out in the country in a 50 yr. old house that had been remodeled by 3 of the previous 6 owners over it's lifetime. Someone added an outside fish pond made of concrete. I introduced 12 goldfish 1 year to control the mosquito larvae within. Some people can differentiate their sex upon purchase from a fish store. I can't so I bought 12 figuring probability might work here re coupling up later on. Amazingly, goldfish can survive Midwest winters when outside. Something about their metabolic rate allows them to adjust to the climate, even when darn near frozen.

The following spring/summer I did a count and found 12 had multiplied to 33...thank you, God????? Here's what happens to an unprotected pond. The high count was 50 goldfish. Between wandering snapping turtles (shovel these out and return to lake downhill), neighbor's cats (push in water head first unannounced....they catch on after awhile re being welcome), and raccoons this number diminished to 27 within 6 months' time.

I have discovered that maintaining 1 of these ponds is a lot of work. Now I understand the principle behind why some people prefer to watch wavy colored fish swimming menacingly on a pixelated screen instead of "owning" real ones. Over time their numbers dwindled to just 1, then none. Before I moved away I took out the pond and filled it in with rock, gravel, and dirt. Aquariums are easier. Someday I'll get 1 but not anytime soon.
bemused_Bohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:03 AM   #12
Chris

asdf

Chris is on a distinguished road

MEOW.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/918TheFanChris
Add me on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/918TheFanChris

Last edited by Chris; 03-24-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 03:10 AM   #13
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of

TURT.

Seriously though.

I have a dog name "Rocky" after The Rock, not the movie or the power ranger.

I also have to birds named "17" and "18"
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #14
Aero

Aero is meh

I don't have any pets at the moment. I think I might get a cat or some birds after I settle down somewhere.
Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #15
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Kitty Kitty Meow Meow!

I think when I get my own place though I'll get some fish too...maybe a lizard...OH or maybe a bird...I always wanted a bird...Fur=bad @.@ .... Darn cats and their cutenessicity!

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:05 PM   #16
Rish

Rish is meh

Rish has pets of the dog variety, though he has owned many a pet.

Rish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:45 PM   #17
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

I use to have one dog. He's a German Shepherd named Bowser (yes, the one you are thinking, that's where my brother got the name from). Then, my mom's boyfriend moved in and now we have another dog and a cat. The cat's name is Chance, while the dog's name is Lala. That little dog, it's a Chihuahua, gets in so much trouble.. I can't take it.. The cat does nothing.

I use to own birds and fish, but they died when I was younger.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:10 PM   #18
Kergeros

Kergeros is meh

I own two dogs right now. 10-year-old pug named Max and almost-2-years-old Yorkshire Terrier named Tony. I've, however, owned a lizard in the past, 2 other dogs, and many many fishes. Still looking forward to having a ferret someday in the future.

Kergeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #19
hounddog

91.8 Staff

hounddog is meh

Mr. hounddog and I have a cat named Josie and a dog - though, oddly enough, NOT a hound dog - named Sebastian. :)
hounddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 05:39 PM   #20
Camajak
Fan

Camajak is on a distinguished road

I have two kitties and a doggy, Cats names are: Sunny, a yellow/white/orange tabby the runt of the litter and she's gotten very fat. She's 10. Pretty green eyes, and has a total of 26 toes. XD And, Senna (Yes. From the Bleach movie) is a turtle shell cat with every color imaginable, but mostly brownish-black and some caramel colors. She's legit a schizophrenic. She's only 8 months old. Very quiet, very weird, very soft... A sweet cat. Lol
My dog is a mutt, but an adorable and very obedient dog! His name is Dallas (came with the name) and we know he's German Shepard, Husky, and Chow Chow mix, but he has more. He has such soft fur, very slick, and triangle-shaped floppy ears! Like, a German Shepard's ears, but flopped over! He's got black on his back and it spectrums through brown to a caramel/tan undercoat. He's so smart, he knows so many things. Lol. He's 6. Only dog I've ever had.
Pets I've had in the past- Cats: Sylvester, Fritzie, Kippy, Cinnamon, Puff, Pepper, Cama, and Kisa. My dad gave away Pepper, Cama, and Kisa without even telling me.... Sylvester, Cinnamon and Puff ran away, and Fritzie we couldn't take with us to our apartment, so he's over in VT with a new owner, I bet.
Hamsters: Emily and Nutmeg. Yes, I had a thing for 'spice' names. Lol.
Rabbit: Pringles. Had to donate her to a farm.
I may seem like a cat person, but I assure you: I love dogs, we just couldn't afford to have one. Lol

Camajak is offline   Reply With Quote