You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 03-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #1
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh
Dissidia 012

It came out a week ago, did anyone else buy it (or even have a PSP)?

After much internal conflict I eventually decided to heck with it and pre-ordered a copy, and from Gamestop no less, so I could get the Kingdom Hearts Cloud skin.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #2
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road
Re: Dissidia 012

While I have a PSP I didn't pick this title up. I played the first Dissidia game and was disappointed by the loose controls and difficult camera, which was a shame because the concept of a Final Fantasy fighting game sat well with me. As such I had no incentive to pick up the sequel, as it looks like the fighting system is almost unchanged in it. But hey, that's just my opinion.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #3
Kate

*Insert User Title Here*

Kate will become famous soon enough

I want the sequel. Until then, I'm still having fun playing with the first game.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:37 PM   #4
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargain Gamer View Post
While I have a PSP I didn't pick this title up. I played the first Dissidia game and was disappointed by the loose controls and difficult camera, which was a shame because the concept of a Final Fantasy fighting game sat well with me. As such I had no incentive to pick up the sequel, as it looks like the fighting system is almost unchanged in it. But hey, that's just my opinion.
While the general feel of the fighting system, which is what I gather that you dislike, hasn't changed, they did add in assists, which allow for the chaining of combos, as well as allow you to get out of opponent's combos, making it feel more like a traditional fighting game. But yeah, controls wise it hasn't changed, and unless you really want to play as some of those new characters there's not much incentive for you, because the story sure isn't gonna win you over, hah.

But yeah, I'm a pretty big fan of the first and could not pass up the chance to play a character with a gunblade that was actually a gun and blade.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bargain Gamer View Post
I also don't like the fighting system in the original, but in the new on there's an RPG mode, which I strongly prefer. Might wanna see what that looks like.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
JokerOfClubs

JokerOfClubs is a splendid one to behold JokerOfClubs is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
I also don't like the fighting system in the original, but in the new on there's an RPG mode, which I strongly prefer. Might wanna see what that looks like.
In the first Dissidia, there was already the RPG mode, except it was quite difficult to use and the AI it had wasn't the best either =/
The new RPG mode in Dissidia 012 has been greatly improved and I'd highly recommend trying it if you dislike the Action style set by default.

Hope you enjoy trying it! :D
JokerOfClubs is offline   Reply With Quote