You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 08-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #1
tombhex

tombhex is meh
Talking A New Challenger Awaits!

Hey everyone!

I'm Adam. I'm 26, and I'm a graphic designer living in Chicago, Illinois and working in the suburbs.

I like writing and playing music (if anyone wants to start a chiptune band, even if it's over the internet, PLEASE LET ME KNOW), playing Magic: The Gathering, reading, comics, anime, etc. I used to be really into videogames, but my interest in that has waned over the past few years.

I've always liked and watched anime (anything and everything Gundam, Accel World, Mushishi, GaoGaiGar, Total Eclipse, My Little Sister, Evangelion, etc – mostly mecha-based stuff) but I'm relatively new to the culture and community. My first immersion into the community was this year's ACEN (AnimeCentral) con in Chicago. My girlfriend and I took her little brother and I had so much fun that it completely revitalized my love for the finer (nerdier) things in life. I cosplayed a Hiker from Pokemon Red for the first two days and Krillin from DBZ for the last, and since then I've been hooked on the idea of cosplay and helping people with costumes. I finally got over my apprehension about building models and started on some Gundam Gunpla, which are really helping me understand shapes and forms with building a Zaku II costume. I'm now absolutely obsessed with Gunpla, even though I'm still a beginner.

I actually found the site when searching for help finding materials for mecha cosplay, where I stumbled upon MechaGirl's thread "Diary of a Mecha Cosplayer" where she starts to build a helmet for a MachWindy cosplay from Iron Leaguer. I dug through a huge amount of threads on the site and decided I want to be a part of your community!

So here I am, happy to be here! I hope you'll have me!

tombhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: A New Challenger Awaits!

Happy to have you! Make sure to read the rules and have fun here on the site. :D

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Welcome! Be sure to check out our IRC under community and hang out with the rest of the gang! Always having fun!

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Well met and welcome.

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

I'm late for the Welcome but Still
Welcome to this web site

and is good to have more people From Chicago (including myself)

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:04 PM   #6
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Hi there! And welcome! I'm new to the con scene too. I tried to go to AX 2012 in LA (admittedly mostly to see LiSA perform live! XD) but it didn't work out. I missed ACEN but heard it was awesome! I did manage to go to Anime Midwest and AnimeWorld Chicago, which were nice.

Cosplay is something I'm attempting to get into too, but wanted to do more research before attempting to make a costume. Seeing all the pics on this site from the cons is a great help!

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote