Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 09-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #1
Ziven

Ziven is meh
Greetings.

Hello all~

I'm
ɀiʋͼƞ (pronounced "seven"), and I'm pleased to make all of your acquaintances. A friend of mine recently introduced me to the awesome that is 91.8!

Although the rules advise for a lengthier intro, I'll try to curb myself a bit. I'm a fanatic (see what I did there?) about reading and writing - I even have a degree in English! - and therefore I tend to be very long winded, no matter what the subject of conversation is. I don't want this to be an essay, but I have a feeling...

My obsessive hobby is composed of literary pursuits - reading, writing and editing. Eventually I would like to publish a Young Adult Fantasy novel (which I am currently planning out and developing). On the side, I'm known in some small circles for my pervy Yu-Gi-Oh! fanfiction. I've been writing fanfiction for a decade, and other things for a few years longer.

For those of you may be familiar with it, I'm currently participating in the Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfiction Contest on FF.net, where authors write stories featuring a randomly selected pairing and compete for votes. When I'm not participating in this competition, I also write stories for Ouran High School Host Club, Wolf's Rain, and a few of the fandoms listed below as part of my interests.

I play video games sparingly, mostly because I don't often have time to sit still. Because of this, I prefer JRPGs, though sometimes I (jokingly) engaging in getting my butt kicked in a fighting game like Soul Caliber or Smash Bros. My favorite RPG series is the "Tales of" Series, and the story I'm most attached to is Tales of Symphonia, although Tales of the Abyss is runner up. I'm a big fan of the Zelda series, MegaMan and countless others. I'm a Nintendo baby and I like all of their classics, but I do branch out to other things and consoles. Dragon Age, Catherine, Monster Hunter (PSP), Heavy Rain, Portal, etc. are also on the list of things that I like.

I'm currently occupied with Animal Crossing for Nintendo DS - if anyone wants to exchange friend codes, hit me up.

I play tabletop as well, and am an officer at my Alma Mater's Gaming Organization (Wayne State, in case there are any Michiganders rolling around). I'm a fledgling D&D player, but I also do other systems like Mutants and Masterminds, Fiasco, and Monsters and Other Childish Things. I've recently fallen in love with Red Dragon Inn and Cards Against Humanity, and I'm pretty much up for whatever and learning about as much as I can. I occasionally RP online as well, although I'm not going to lie - It's usually for perverted sexytimes to quench my strong thirst for all things romantical. On a more professional note, I ran a successful supernatural/fantasy RP on Proboards for seven years. It's my crowning achievement, both in terms of developing my writing and also in being able to generally stick with a project consistently.

Anime and Manga have been a big part of my life since I was small, and while I admire and often sit in awe of such wonderful works as Hokuto no Ken and Record of Lodoss War, I'm also a sucker for anything by CLAMP and Ken Akamatsu, the mangaka of the infamous Love Hina and Negima! - which I think is somehow a more popular title - and things that were debuting in that era. I'm still a fan of newer things as well (by that, of course, I mean within the last 7 year or so), like Gurren Lagann, Madoka Magica, Tiger and Bunny, Panty and Stocking, Baka to Tesuto to Shoukanjuu, Durarara! and Hataraku no Maou... there are lots of other things on this list, but I don't want to go on forever. As a pursuer of romance, of course, I'm into yaoi, although not limited to that. I tend not to like yuri as much - it's difficult for me to find satisfying iterations of works in that category.

I hope that's enough about me to give you a sense of a general disposition ^__^ More than anything, I'm looking forward to lurking and more often than not participating in this community. I don't mind random messages, questions and stuff like that. I tend to be very direct, and when I'm curious or want something, I don't hesitate to ask - you shouldn't either.

TL;DR

I'm
ɀiʋͼƞ and I like stuff. Hi everybody. *waves*

P.S.: Shoutouts: I'm also a Nerdfighter, a Cumberbabe, a Savage Lovecast listener, a Harry Pothead (Slytherin), a Whovian, a member of Loki's Army and a few other things. #thankyoubasedgod

Last edited by Ziven; 09-08-2013 at 10:10 AM. Reason: more additions
Ziven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Greetings.

Heavy Rain and Soul Caliber, eh? I like that combo!

Also, shout out to older anime. I just finished Legend Of Crystania, which is sort of a spiritual successor to Lodoss following Pirotess. It's... different.

I hope we see you speak up a ton in the video game or anime sections! Thanks for joinin' the site and have fun. :)

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Ziven

Ziven is meh

I'm actually quite flattered that you read through all of that. Thank you for your attention and thank you for such a warm welcome.

Legend Of Crystania is actually on my list of things to watch in the near future. I tend to be weary of spiritual successors/successors in general >__< I'm afraid it's been on that list for several years but I keep making excuses to push it back. I'll have to ovary up and get to it so that I can have a discussion about it!

I still want to do a little more lurking before I start posting in threads to get used to how things are done around here, but I'm looking forward to it! Contributing to something worthwhile is one of the highest forms of validation ^__^
Old 09-06-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziven View Post
Legend Of Crystania is actually on my list of things to watch in the near future. I tend to be weary of spiritual successors/successors in general >__< I'm afraid it's been on that list for several years but I keep making excuses to push it back. I'll have to ovary up and get to it so that I can have a discussion about it!
While I won't spoil Crystania, but I will they couldn't decide on Pirotess' already established skin color from shot to shot. The consistency of something like that shouldn't have been an issue, so that made it somewhat laughable. The OVA wasn't bad though!

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 02:33 AM   #5
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay! Be sure to hang out and make new friends in our IRC!

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 04:47 PM   #6
MakiMaki

Anime Monster

MakiMaki is meh

Welcome, welcome fellow fan of CLAMP anything! :D

Also props to being a D&D fan.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of discussions to dive into on the forums, if not there, venture into the IRC where many denizens of The Fan wander about XD

Have fun!

MakiMaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:15 AM   #7
Ziven

Ziven is meh

Thank you, Zero Gravity and MakiMaki~ both for your salutations and your dedication to getting through my solid wall of paragraphs!

It's been a long time since I've been in an IRC, but I'm willing to make the plunge again. Good peeps are the most compelling motivation of all ^__^
Old 09-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #8
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Welcome Sorry for the late Welcome I been a little busy, but I been Super Busy With Final Fantasy XIV A Real Reborn, Since I was a Beta tester and I feel in love with the game, but enought about that.

I see you have a lot of preferences about anime and manga, which is good specially here in this site I hope you make lots of friends here and sorry but I'm not a big fan of Irc cause My PC die and I used my I pad cause i haven found a way to connect through my phone

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
moonhawk81

Wandering Witch

moonhawk81 is on a distinguished road

Well met and welcome. Sorry for my normal late arrival, but it's what I do, apparently. Always room for one more in the TARDIS. . .

moonhawk81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intro , introduction , newbie , ziven