You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #1
Leviathan Mist

大好き.

Leviathan Mist is on a distinguished road
The College Topic!

This topic is for discussion of all things college-related. If you're in college, describe college life. What classes are you taking? Do you have a social life? Are you living on ramen noodles?

I will begin. I started college this year, and I am taking it very seriously. I expect to get all A's, but my most difficult course is one involving public speaking. I am not living on ramen noodles, and I have no social life. :P

Leviathan Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 PM   #2
homie_jiraiya
Fan

homie_jiraiya is meh
Re: The College Topic!

ill be second i, going to community college and its not mentally challenging, also pie is a greater part of my diet than ramen noodles

homie_jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #3
NeonX

Fanatic

NeonX is meh

Yeah community college is easy.

I go to a public four year university. It's really tough.

I'm taking 4 classes and 14 credits right now.

Asian American History, Intro. to Computer Systems, Discrete Structures, and Masterpieces in Classical Japanese Literature

NeonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #4
Gatx
Fan

Gatx is meh

I'm attending a public university. Luckily the college I'm at accepted a lot of the AP tests I took as actual credit towards GE requirements instead of just as electives so I'm actually now a year ahead of schedule, and because of that am taking it easy this quarter with only three classes, 13 units.

Classes have in general been a lot of fun for me, partially because of my major (English), so I'm able to read a lot of interesting books and have a lot more leeway in how I handle my assignments (took a class on videogames, AND IT COUNTED TOWARDS MY MAJOR, and wrote a paper last year on how Captain America continues the heroic traditions that Beowulf had it's roots in, best paper ever).

As for food . . . while I do have 3 bulk cases of instant ramen, I like to mix it up once in a while so I also have a box of canned baked beans (for beans and weenies), and several cans of spam. But no, it's not all budget eating, I do cook normal food fairly often.
Gatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
homie_jiraiya
Fan

homie_jiraiya is meh

well i fully expect my classes to become much harder, i am after all pusuing a doctorate

Old 11-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #6
gannon133
Fan

gannon133 is meh

Well, I am now a sophomore this year in my University. I go to a regular hangout playing Video Games in the student union on my free time. The people there don't care who you are, just have a good time playing around there (and worst when someone beats you in Smash bros xD.) They also like anime, so I am really chill on talking about it. Eating with my parents because university is an hour drive so it's all fine.
gannon133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
deadlymustach50
Fan

deadlymustach50 will become famous soon enough

I attend a public university ,and currently a freshmen, where I am going into electrical engineering. As of now I'm taking 16 credits with more next semester. I spent most of my time in class and after that I have football practice, but I'm only a kicker so i don't do much. Any free time I have is for studying, but when i don't study I spend it messing with friends or playing video games.

deadlymustach50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 06:46 AM   #8
hiroshimax

hiroshimax is meh

2nd year (sophomore) at university. Almost about to go through my finals this week. Whatever you do, do not take a course in accounting. It will bore you to death. I will guarantee it, unless you like crunching numbers and stuff like that.

But hey, my entire uni life is not dedicated to just accounting. I hang out with my friends over at the hang-out zone (The Hub) where we play cards (Big Two and 13, heard of them?) and play some pool. At the Hub, we have pool competitions on Tuesdays and Thursday, Bingo on Wednesdays and Free Cereal + FIFA on the PS3 comp on Fridays.

Also got an anime club at university as well but it's not all that lively... :/

http://media.photobucket.com/image/roronoa%20zoro%20shishi%20sonson%20gif/Celtanor/Avatars/lionssong.gif?t=1267309014

hiroshimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
OtakuManiac

OtakuManiac is meh

Ok, my college experience...

I go to an all-girls college, and in the second semester of my freshman year. I really screwed up my first semester to the point where I had a breakdown and didn't know what I wanted to do. Now I'm on academic probation and I'm doing a whole lot better this semester. Looking at going into a theatre major with an engineering minor.

My social life is pretty good, I hang out with my friends and play CoD with a couple on my 360, other than that I hit the books and I sometimes live on ramen because of the food here...lets just say it was better before I came here as an actual student.

OtakuManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 12:35 PM   #10
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Me Next

this is my final semester for the Career that I chose in the Food Service Industry and Hospitality. This is my second year and last one as this semester focus on field experience as I work working the line of the Restaurant of the School that is names

for those who live in the chicago Area I recommend to take a look
http://apps.ccc.edu/parrotcage/home.html

After all the classes I have taken I consided this to be the best of all

For my social life I spend some my days off with my coworkers going to parks and theaters to see movies, with my friends to school every month we get together to go to restaurants to taste different food,

Back when I was on high school I spend to much of my free time playing video games like SSBB with my friends but since I work know and School its demanding I don't do it any more and I miss those days and those times

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #11
Mollybibbles

Tombé, Pas de bourée, Glissade, JETÉ!!

Mollybibbles is on a distinguished road

I'm technically at senior status despite being a 3rd year. Due to my major, I take 8 different classes (here's the math... 8 classes, 14 class meetings per week, 27 hours worth of classes per week, 16 registered credit hours..... yeah, it makes no sense). I'm keeping up, though. I love a challenge.

Simply due to my work load I don't have much of a social life. Between classes, rehearsals, final choreographic work, and this place, I have to get sleep in somewhere. I'm hoping to do my directed study and senior practicum in the next two semesters, but that's a pipe dream. I'm oober pumped for my teaching project next semester (I get to teach at collegiate level along side a faculty member). I'm also prepping for taking the GRE's soon for grad school. YIKES!

It's scary being this close to being booted into the real world. Good luck, freshman!

Mollybibbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 10:30 PM   #12
homie_jiraiya
Fan

homie_jiraiya is meh

i have found out something very important this semester DO NOT take pre calc and trig on the same night of the week it is imposible to keep the formulas straight

Old 03-17-2012, 08:48 PM   #13
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

I go to Ball State University which was originally founded as a teaching school in my home town of Muncie, Indiana. People who have graduated from it are Jim Davis (creator of Garfield), David Letterman ( we have a whole T-Comm building, and scholarship named after him), John Schnatter who is founder of Papa Johns, and actor Doug Jones.
I am a history major with a minor in asian studies. I live off campus, and i don't want to pay the access money that is dormitory stay. I am techinically a junior, but I will probably have to stay one extra semester, and graduate in the fall of 2013

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote