Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan




Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:18 AM   #1
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 159
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Top 10 Favorite Series:

Post Your Favorite Series-

Heres my lists of favorites:

1) Black Lagoon
2) Air gear
3) Valkyria Chronicles
4) Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
5) Naruto Shippuden
6) Desert Punk
7) Witch Blade
8) Code Geass
9) Pokemon
10) Bleach

(Yes I do realise I have a similar taste in shows to a 13 year old, but I don't really care :rolleyes: )

Last edited by EagleEyes; 01-03-2010 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Changed my mind.
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #2
Elk

Mark from Canada
 
Elk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Canadia
Posts: 459

Rep Power: 667
Elk has disabled reputation
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Because I am a fickle person who's favorite anime usually are the ones I am currently watching, I'm only going to be picking series I have finished and still love (which is easy, since I'm only currently watching a couple, and those are very casual.)

Record of The Lodoss War (The one starring Parn, not Spark)
Dragonball (In all it's original Z and GT glory)
Gundam (The original)
Street Fighter 2 V (cheesy, but good.)
Cowboy Bebop (a given, really)
Nadesico (hilarious space comedy, also, Gekigangar III)
Tekkaman Blade (really great retro scifi. Awesome designs)
Golgo 13 (the series may be newish, but my love of Golgo goes way back)
Lupin 3rd (Like Cowboy Bebop, needs no explanation.)
______________________


Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:09 AM   #3
Shadows_Revenge
Fan
 
Shadows_Revenge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Where you all want to be
Posts: 87

Rep Power: 120
Shadows_Revenge is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

its hard for me to pick just 10, so ill think of acouple off the top of my head atm

Hellsing- love vampires... and Alucard has to be one of the best dressed anime
characters of all time. Plus alil protestant on catholic action is always a welcome

FLCL- short and simple, yet very complex. While to alot of people this anime makes no
sense, it has a very deep meaning, and a alien guitar chick...

Series Experiemnt Lain- I love screwed up anime, and this is by far one of the best out
there. For like 3/4ths of it you dont understand whats happening.

Needless- Currently one of the ones Im watching, and for the rediculous characters its
sporting, there is an actually complex story under the hood, cant wait to see how
it will turn out

btw, I HATE most anime that go over say 50 episodes, thats why I will never watch bleach, naruto, or anything like it... filler ftl...
______________________


Shadows_Revenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 AM   #4
Elc1247

DJ Elcu-desujya
 
Elc1247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 127

Rep Power: 0
Elc1247 is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadows_Revenge View Post
btw, I HATE most anime that go over say 50 episodes, thats why I will never watch bleach, naruto, or anything like it... filler ftl...
I would have to agree, mostly... there are exeptions to the rule of course... take for example, Monster, or FMA. they are great but are over 50 episodes with FMA having 52, and Monster having 74.

i cant really give a list of top ten easily... in the fashion that they are in order, but i can state what i would say as my favorite bunch.

Outlaw Star
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Spice and Wolf (2)
Higurashi no naku koro ni (kai)
Black Lagoon (The Second Barrage)
Seto no Hanayome
Cowboy Bebop
Mushi-shi
Utawarerumono
Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu
______________________
Catch Dr. Elc's Anime Symposium 2-6pm PST Sat, Sun

 

Tokyo Bambi -The Pillows

Elc1247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:50 AM   #5
Bonediddly
Fan
 
Bonediddly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Meiji Era
Posts: 229

Rep Power: 122
Bonediddly is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

In some vague order :

Code Geass/R2 (My favorite of course.)
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Ranma 1/2
Urusei Yatsura
Rurouni Kenshin
Hajime no Ippo
Soul Eater
Higurashi
Lucky Star
Trigun
______________________

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 04:30 AM   #6
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.
Posts: 101

Rep Power: 0
Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elc1247 View Post
I would have to agree, mostly... there are exeptions to the rule of course... take for example, Monster, or FMA. they are great but are over 50 episodes with FMA having 52, and Monster having 74.
Not to mention if any Legend of the Galactic Heroes fans heard him say that, they'd almost certainly snap his spine in half.

Anywho, I don't have a "Top 10", so the best I can do is give you every anime that I've scored a 10/10. In no particular order,

Fate/stay night
FLCL
Hayate the Combat Butler!
Lucky Star
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Hidamari Sketch x 365
Toradora!
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Spice and Wolf II
Golden Boy
First Squad: The Moment of Truth
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:28 PM   #7
animecrazy004
Newbie
 
animecrazy004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 9

Rep Power: 0
animecrazy004 is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Hmm. Hard choice. Oh well.
Inuyasha
Bleach
Deathnote
Kodacha
Case Closed
Black Cat
Pokemon (if you want to count that. Been watching it since I was a kid)
Hakushaku to Yousei
Ouran High School Host Club
MAR
______________________
iEvil

animecrazy004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #8
sonicflame
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: canada
Posts: 4

Rep Power: 0
sonicflame is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

well i would say that

1:clannad
2:ranma 1/2
3:to aru majutsu no index
4:toradora
5:tengen toppa gurren lagann
6:setokai no ichizone
7:canaan
8:shuffle
9:samurai champolo
10:higurashi no naku koro ni
______________________


sonicflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #9
Kercon
Newbie
 
Kercon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Białystok in Poland
Posts: 38

Rep Power: 0
Kercon is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

I wont sort them but I will say my favourite one :
Interlude, Utawaremono, Girls Bravo, TOKKO, Juuni Kokuki, Blue Gender, Gundam Seed (destiny too ),
Mai Hime (otome), Candidate for Goddess, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu ( Purezza )
Hard to say if this is my top ten of all but for sure this is top ten at the moment (first that I can think so )
______________________

Kercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:25 PM   #10
Oni
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NSW, Australia
Posts: 564

Rep Power: 0
Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

I don't really have a Top 10 per say, I just have series that I like a lot. Those being:

ARIA
Negima!
Nana
Eureka Seven
Lovely Complex
Kanon
Hayate the Combat Butler
Infinite Ryvius
Maria-sama ga Miteru

Oh pfft, just check out my anime list, it's easier.
______________________


Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
Catnip-Dream
Newbie
 
Catnip-Dream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 5

Rep Power: 0
Catnip-Dream is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

The first couple aren't hard then the rest
1. Moyashimon (Tales of Agriculture)
2. Clannad~after story~
3. Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East)
4. Ookiku Furikabutte (Big Windup)
5. Macross Frontier
6. K-ON!
7. Aria
8. Kamichu!
9. Tokyo Magnitude 8.0
10. Haruhi-Chan

I started wearing out by about 5 the first 4 are my favourites the rest I could consider as possibly ones I enjoyed watching a lot
Catnip-Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Lesserpawn
Newbie
 
Lesserpawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Elgin - Scotland
Posts: 17

Rep Power: 0
Lesserpawn is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Hey Guys!

My top 10:
1 - Legend of the Galactic Heroes
2 - Clannad
3 - Gasaraki
4 - Full Metal Panic
5 - Nadia, Secret of Blue Water
6 - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
7 - Neon Genesis Evangelion
8 - Serial Experiments Lain
9 - Orguss 02
10 - Tekkaman Blade
______________________
'You do realise that withholding information from me is the sixth most dangerous thing in the world.'

Lesserpawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:39 PM   #13
Chris

asdf
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: London, Ontario
Posts: 230

Rep Power: 121
Chris is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

I'm not going to use a particular order, way too hard for me. So instead here are my 10 favourite anime's as of right now in some random order.

1. Code Geass - One of the greatest action short anime's of all time (I consider 50 or less episodes short)

2. Death Note - Obviously very similar to Code Geass, both character designs are done by CLAMP who do a damn fabulous job with their characters.

3. Dragonball (including Z, GT) - This is a classic. No explanation needed!

4. Digimon (first three seasons only) - I grew up with this show, it will always be a classic in my opinion, seasons one and two were the best, three was the most mature and went into the most detail and four and five failed miserably in my opinion. Even after watching their entire seasons I thought they failed.

5. Naruto (Shippuden) - One of the most controversial anime's out there in my opinion. When it started airing on TV and i casually watched it, I thought it was terrible. I Was finally convinced to watch it from the beginning and i'm glad. The character relations and plot developments are just amazing. Even the filler still manages to somehow relate to the main plot. Have to give them props for that.

6. Bleach - Although it used to be my all time favorite, the filler is slowly but surely stabbing a knife into the heart of Bleach fans everywhere. The latest filler season was TERRIBLE! Is that ALL they could think of?! "I got it! Let's make everyones swords come to life and attack them!". Makes me shake my head. I hate how they cut out of the main plot so suddenly without warning.

7. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - I haven't talked to anyone who doesn't agree that this is the one anime where the characters are SO WELL DONE. The voice acting is just absolutely on another level. The art is great obviously thanks to the ladies at CLAMP. This Anime is just so underrated in my opinion. It's so enjoyable.

8. Full Metal Alchemist - Although I never watched the whole series, it seemed enjoyable regardless.

9. Inuyasha - Another classic, the first anime I really devoured myself in. It was the anime that defined the word anime for me as a kid.

10. This spot will be for all the Misc anime's i've enjoyed over the years.. Yugioh, Mobile suit Gundam, Witch Hunter Robin, Eureka 7, etc. etc.

11. Kiss x sis - Who doesn't love a little sister on brother love?

Okay the last one was a joke, I accidentily stumbled upon this show and curiously watched it. What I found was sort of shocking. As one of my friends put it, it resembled the southern United States.

Who wouldn't want two pretty step sisters?

______________________


Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #14
EagleEyes

Fanatic
 
EagleEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Space Australia
Posts: 1,242

Rep Power: 159
EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I'm not going to use a particular order, way too hard for me. So instead here are my 10 favourite anime's as of right now in some random order.

1. Code Geass - One of the greatest action short anime's of all time (I consider 50 or less episodes short)

2. Death Note - Obviously very similar to Code Geass, both character designs are done by CLAMP who do a damn fabulous job with their characters.

3. Dragonball (including Z, GT) - This is a classic. No explanation needed!

4. Digimon (first three seasons only) - I grew up with this show, it will always be a classic in my opinion, seasons one and two were the best, three was the most mature and went into the most detail and four and five failed miserably in my opinion. Even after watching their entire seasons I thought they failed.

5. Naruto (Shippuden) - One of the most controversial anime's out there in my opinion. When it started airing on TV and i casually watched it, I thought it was terrible. I Was finally convinced to watch it from the beginning and i'm glad. The character relations and plot developments are just amazing. Even the filler still manages to somehow relate to the main plot. Have to give them props for that.

6. Bleach - Although it used to be my all time favorite, the filler is slowly but surely stabbing a knife into the heart of Bleach fans everywhere. The latest filler season was TERRIBLE! Is that ALL they could think of?! "I got it! Let's make everyones swords come to life and attack them!". Makes me shake my head. I hate how they cut out of the main plot so suddenly without warning.

7. Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle - I haven't talked to anyone who doesn't agree that this is the one anime where the characters are SO WELL DONE. The voice acting is just absolutely on another level. The art is great obviously thanks to the ladies at CLAMP. This Anime is just so underrated in my opinion. It's so enjoyable.

8. Full Metal Alchemist - Although I never watched the whole series, it seemed enjoyable regardless.

9. Inuyasha - Another classic, the first anime I really devoured myself in. It was the anime that defined the word anime for me as a kid.

10. This spot will be for all the Misc anime's i've enjoyed over the years.. Yugioh, Mobile suit Gundam, Witch Hunter Robin, Eureka 7, etc. etc.

11. Kiss x sis - Who doesn't love a little sister on brother love?

Okay the last one was a joke, I accidentily stumbled upon this show and curiously watched it. What I found was sort of shocking. As one of my friends put it, it resembled the southern United States.

Who wouldn't want two pretty step sisters?



You have a very similar taste to me. I can't believe I forgot digimon. I have the first season on dvd ^^
EagleEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:34 AM   #15
IPaidthePrice
Newbie
 
IPaidthePrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adak, AK
Posts: 26

Rep Power: 0
IPaidthePrice is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
3. Chrono Crusade.
4. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
5. Umineko no Naku Koro ni
6. Cardcaptor Sakura.
7. Naruto
8. Dragon Ball Z
9. Inuyasha
10. Skip Beat!
______________________



Last edited by IPaidthePrice; 01-05-2010 at 02:36 AM.
IPaidthePrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 01:22 PM   #16
Bonediddly
Fan
 
Bonediddly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Meiji Era
Posts: 229

Rep Power: 122
Bonediddly is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPaidthePrice View Post
1. Full Metal Alchemist
I totally never called that one.
______________________

Bonediddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 01:44 PM   #17
mangusbrother
Newbie
 
mangusbrother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Malta
Posts: 12

Rep Power: 0
mangusbrother is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

this is kinda hard...

1) Shakugan no Shana
2) Bleach
3) Gintama
4) Haruhi Suzumiya no yuutsu
5) Naruto
6) Fairy Tail
7) ouran high school host club
8) Full Metal Alchemist
9) kaze no stigma
10) final fantasy: unlimited

roughly there...
______________________


mangusbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:53 PM   #18
Justp94
Banhammer'd
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Beverly, MA
Posts: 25

Rep Power: 0
Justp94 is on a distinguished road
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

I know my top 5 but my top 5 aren't really in order.. Im not sure.. but heres my list..

1 Suzuka
2 History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi
3 Ouran High School Host Club
4 Twelve Kingdoms
5 Full Metal Panic Series
6 Black Lagoon
7 Genshiken Series
8 Fushigi Yuugi
9 Mahou Sensei Negima
10 Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad
Justp94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:04 PM   #19
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan
 
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 108

Rep Power: 0
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

I'm just gonna do a Top 5:

1. Clannad
2. Higurashi no Naku Koro ni
3. Code Geass
4. Toradora!
5. Darker Than BLACK

Well, the top 3 are definitely my favorite, but the 4th and 5th are still in question.
______________________


黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:32 PM   #20
victorious0702
Fan
 
victorious0702's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 81

Rep Power: 0
victorious0702 is meh
Re: Top 10 Favorite Series:

In no order except for the first 3

Code Geass
Clannad
Toradora
Bakemonogatari
K-on
Ef - Tale of Memories/ Melody
Legend of Galactic Heroes
Kimi ga Nozumo Eien
Trigun
Lucky Star
______________________

victorious0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.