It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 09-19-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
drewid

drewid is meh
Wait your remaking which game?

So just last night I watched Final Fantasy VII Advent Children Complete, was very interesting to see the added scenes, they really helped flesh out the story of the movie, like explaining why Denzel is living with Cloud and Tifa, but I won't go into that too much to spoil anything. While I was watching this I realized that the 15th Anniversary of FF7 will be next year, with this and the recent problems Square Enix has been having in mind I really got to wondering why they haven't tried to do anything more for the game then just put it on the PSN, every previous final fantasy title has been reworked and brought back to life in someway whether it was the GBA ports of FF1,2,4,5, and 6 or the relatively recent supped up versions of FF3 and 4 for the ds. With FF4 even getting a psp collection released.

Now I'm not going to get into the argument that Final Fantasy VII was the best final fantasy ever, thats always a matter of opinion and personally I liked VIII better. Anyways, based on information I found at http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy not only is FFVII the best selling Final Fantasy game of all time, but between the other games of the franchise, DIrge of Cerberus and Crisis Core, the name FF7 has sold over 12 million copies.
So the thing I'm trying to figure out is why does Square seem so hesitant to give new life to this game, for most its known that Square's numbers have been down lately.
They have to realize that if they were to remake the game over the next few years, and actually tell people, then their sales would go up significantly.
Personally I don't think it even has to be an hd remake, it could just have some redone cg scenes in hd and some more ingame content like additional dungeons, materia, bosses, summons, expanded minigames, etc.
I decided to try searching the interwebs to see if square had anything planned for the 15th anniversary and at this time It doesn't appear so............but wait, this years is also the 10th anniversary of another best selling Final Fantasy game, thats right I'm referring to X.
It's been recently confirmed that Final Fantasy X will get an HD rendition for the Vita and PS3, granted I'm excited about this but like mentioned in the article if Square was going to announce any remake of their games it was expected to be VII. Not to mention they skipped VIII and IX as well.
Source: http://www.1up.com/news/final-fantas...oming-vita-ps3
(I apologize in advance if this happened to be the subject of an Istalk article or was planned to be one.)

So if you've made it this far I thank you for reading though this rant of sorts, please feel free to give any opinions or comments on the matter, I'm in the mood to discuss this so fire away! :D
drewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 PM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Wait your remaking which game?

I've said this before talking to staff, but it comes down to it is just so big. Not only is it a large game that has to be completely redone (unlike Final Fantasy X or another Final Fantasy going to handheld; which has to still be redone, but on a much smaller scale), but you also have to consider no matter how close it is to the source material people will still complain extensively. That's a sour attitude to have yet sadly it's true.

One thing I personally like to point out is when you actually go back and think of Final Fantasy VII's story it's rather wonky. If you try and modernize it (as the handheld remakes have their stories), I think many people would realize it isn't the treasure trove of wonder. I'm not saying it's bad, but what makes Final Fantasy VII good is the fact that it has a nostalgic value.

Quite honestly I'm extensively excited over the Final Fantasy X HD version, but that's my favorite.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
drewid

drewid is meh

I get what your saying about it being a huge undertaking to remake the game for the modern era but like I mentioned, they could just update the cg scenes and add more content, doing something like that would help it keep that nostalgic feeling while still giving it some new life.

That or just give us a ps3 port of Crisis Core :D
They could even have Crisis Core and an updated FF7 like I mentioned above as a bundle.

On the subject of final fantasy x's remake
I'm also pretty excited about this, I just beat the game over the summer but I'd definitely pick it up again for the PS3.
It would be cool if they added the dark aeons and other extras from the international version of X. and fixed the difficulty of some of the mini games, like the chocobo balloon racing. Took me 4 hours of doing that to get the piece for Titus's legendary.
Old 09-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #4
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I find a HD remake (all out remake) of FF7 it be incredibly costly, and price demanding. While I found FF7 good, I did not find it to be GOOD, if that makes any sense.
Plus the bombardment of prequels and squeals and side stories just made it too much....
I'd just be happy with the original version

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #5
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Jubilee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post

Quite honestly I'm extensively excited over the Final Fantasy X HD version, but that's my favorite.
This.

And I agree drewid, I would like them to implement the international version's features. As someone who has beaten X at least 20 times, this makes me excited for more than my annual playthrough. : D

Because 200+ hours isn't enough for one game...I must have 200 more in HD.

Awwwww my god, aeons in

H

FRICKEN

D.

Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 05:13 PM   #6
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
This.

Don't get me wrong, FFVII was a great game, but I had more fun with games like FFIV and FFX, so I'm not really that put out that they haven't rereleased it yet. Though I'm sure you're not the only one considering it, so I'd say really it's just a matter of time. Maybe the 20th anniversary, eh?
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:33 PM   #7
mahay
Fan

mahay is on a distinguished road

I think they should do an HD remake of XII...

Problem, Jubi?

æææææææææææææææææææææææææ æææææææææææææææææ
♪♫" I'm on the right track baby; I was born as mahay"♫♪ -- Lady GaGa

mahay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 05:01 AM   #8
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

No offense, but there is no way Square would release a version of Final Fantasy VII with just updated cutscenes. When it takes them over six years from a games announcement to finally working on it fully there is no way that they'd leave it that unfinished. While Square Enix has a lot of problems since they take a long time to make games they at least finish all of their games.

I'm sure some people might counter that saying Final Fantasy XIII was too linear, but it has a fully fleshed out story and roughly fifty to eighty hours in side quests, exploration, and weapon upgrades (yes, there was more than the thirty hours of running in a straight line that people complained about).

Though I would like to see the extras in Final Fantasy X that everyone else has talked about... I'd also like to see some modifications to Blitzball so it's not so frickin' hard when you're playing in Luca. Let's be honest, winning that takes anywhere from three to six tries and it usually boils down to being absurdly lucky. Maybe open up practice a little early? Give us a chance to grind a little before the tournament? Please?

Old 09-23-2011, 08:48 AM   #9
drewid

drewid is meh

Here is my argument against people complaining about Final Fantasy XIII being too linear, yea it was basically straight lines until you get to pulse, But a majority of the other final fantasys were actually very linear as well, the open maps gave a sense of being able to explore but there wasnt much to actually do most of the time, with most side quests opening up much later in the game. I started playing through VI recently and frankly its a pretty straight line as well, it moves very quickly between story points with the player constantly changing characters.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
Jubilee

Très Bien!

Key to the Blitzball match is changing it to the Free Movement mode...the comp is too silly to guide your characters into logical positions...

However, I would like to see a practice mode, or the initial game just be easier. I've got Blitzball down to a science, but I know many people complain about its difficulty curve. Would be nice to get the strength sphere every playthrough...(granted, that is ALL you get).

Old 09-23-2011, 08:34 PM   #11
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

How to win the Luca game (remember to change to free movement mode!):

1. Line up one good shot with Tidus.

2. Score 1 goal.

3. Hide behind your own goalie.

I know it sounds stupid, but the AI won't actually pursue you if you're hiding in your own goal. So all you have to do is get the lead and then hide for the rest of the match.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 06:22 AM   #12
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I do switch it to free movement, and I've tried to do the hide behind your own goalie. Problem is I don't make it to my own goal fast enough to avoid being stopped like six times, so by then I'm just giving them the ball close to my own goal (thus just giving them a free point).

I can beat the tournament now myself the good old fashioned way, but it's still obnoxious and requires several reloads if I'm unlucky.

Old 09-24-2011, 11:23 AM   #13
Jubilee

Très Bien!

"Just remember...even kids can play boys."

*walks off in a feminine manner."

Old 09-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #14
Iroai

Iroai is meh

I always found that first tournament blitzball game to be ridiculously hard to beat. But, after that game and you start recruiting other people for your team, it just becomes a cakewalk. Nothing like winning games 30something-0.
Iroai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:10 PM   #15
Shiro_Shishi

Shiro_Shishi is meh

Give me a 3D remake of FF5 first.

I love FF5 so much. So good. I can't imagine how awesome the bridge battle with Gilgamesh would be. Especially with the music!

Shiro_Shishi is offline   Reply With Quote