Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
L.A. Noire

I played this game last week and went through it really quickly. I had a great time with it despite the fact I'm not a big fan of Rockstar's games. I liked the era, it made the entire game more interesting. It had a very Heavy Rain and Phoenix Wright feel, it's like someone combined those two games.

I think the biggest downfall was that the characters made me dislike them. For a long time I really liked Cole, but he goes back on his whole outlook near the end of the game. It seemed like the writers didn't try to make you sympathize with the things that can make a person dislike a character.

Either way, I wanna try my hand at the DLC. Does anyone know if it's worth it if I enjoyed the entire game?

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
@chiefjon66

@chiefjon66 is meh
Re: L.A. Noire

Cole's character does go down hill a lot but during that era that was pretty common,esspecaily with vets. My big problem was the cars handled just as bad in that game as they do in real life.
I never played the dlc but most of my friends seem to like it

@chiefjon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #3
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Well, I really liked Cole for the majority of the game.

Once he cheated on his wife I was kinda like... well, there went all his good points about justice. The thing that sucks is we didn't really see Cole depressed enough or how his home life was kinda suffering, which would have made the transition to falling in love with Elsa (?) more understandable. I think there's some dialogue that's possible to miss that kinda states that since he was away from home for so long he never really rekindled his love with his wife.

Him dying at the end doesn't really help to justify his character either. It just kinda makes the death less meaningful because we didn't understand or sympathize with him cheating.

I was okay with the cars really, I think I was more upset at the sound of the siren constantly to get to place to place. Not only do you have to travel 200 miles for a trophy, but you have to five star most of the cases. That's all fine and dandy, but if someone doesn't get out of your way it might lower your score, which is really obnoxious.

I think I might pick up the DLC after I've platinumed the game, so far I'm still collecting all the cars which is taking me awhile.

Old 07-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #4
@chiefjon66

@chiefjon66 is meh

the way I drove in that game is how most people play grand theft auto, think I only got one 5 star rating in the entire game, and I shut the sirens off couldn't stand them. I prefer'd to go threw all the red lights without it anyways, made it more interesting hahaha

@chiefjon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

I didn't stop at lights often considering I could have the sirens on. I five stared every case besides two in Vice since that seemed to have the most Street Crimes. I have to go back and play them actually, too bad I hated that guy from Vice so bad. He was such a jerk!