Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Army Corps Of Hell

A surprisingly fun game from Square Enix that is essentially hardcore Pikmin. There are some different mechanics in here that separate it from Nintendo's version. The game feels more fast paced, and I'm surprisingly more tense than I ever was with Pikmin (which is for a cartoony game rather stressful).

Bosses are challenging and sometimes I need to lose the fight just to figure out every single way the boss will kill me before tackling it. Enemies continue to evolve and get harder, some requiring different minions, etc. Alchemy is the biggest grind of the game since you need specific parts salvaged from your dead foes to make certain items so your minions are stronger.

My complaints are few, but so far my biggest one is remembering what level certain monsters are in. This seems like such a simple thing, but there's a bestiary that tells what the monster drops. Alright, cool. So I know what has the item I need... now where in twenty-five levels was it? From what I hear the game is forty full stages so combing through the stages trying to figure out where that one specific boss or monster was is kind of grating on my nerves a bit. Granted, the reply value is necessary regardless for the trophies, but it's my only gripe so far. I suppose I might start a bestiary here in this thread assuming I don't find one in a few days.

The music was entertaining and I didn't immediately turn it down. I was worried it would be nothing but screaming, death metal. I have a tendency to get mad at video games. Metal music and video game anger do not mix. Even at frustrating points in games I feel calmer if I listen to something less... threatening. So, I did upload a handful of songs from my PC to the Vita, turned down Army Corps Of Hell's game music, and enjoyed my own selection while I played.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but it seems interesting from various videos I've seen.

In terms of how the game is played so far I lead Soldiers, Mages, and Spearman. I have yet to see the best use to Spearman honestly. They can run longer distances apparently... or something. Soldiers can stack on enemies until they're able to do a special attack "Salvo", which has them jump off the enemy and all charge at it at once causing it to explode. Mages are nice since you're able to move while in defense mode (or formation) and can attack from afar. It's effective against a lot of really obnoxious enemies.

Thoughts, opinions, questions?

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh
Re: Army Corps Of Hell

WOW!

Now this is something out of the blue, I go by your word and as soon as I get a vita I should try it out

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote