You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 02-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation
Your Video Game Ideas!

This is a thread to basically write down your ideas for video games. We all have them. We love games, and there are games we want to see made, usually they never do.

I'd like to learn enough about programming and media creation to make games in the future, but for now, anything beyond the simplest of games would be beyond me.

Dodge Pong
A pong clone with breakout style clocks behind your paddle. The idea of the game is to dodge the ball and have your side's breakout bricks gone first. getting hit will increase the size of your paddle, and the balls will increase in number as the panels break.

Darth Chico
Chico has escaped from his leash and is now on a mission. A mission to mark his territory. Pee on everything you can while not getting caught by Elk, chase squirrels and play fight with other dogs.

Forget what it was FP Adventure VN type game.
I had an idea for a feature heavy point and click adventure, only instead of having an on screen character it would be a VN style route of conversing. I think it revolved around a mystery, maybe murder mystery? I had some documents for this a few years back, but I lost most of them and forgot a lot.

RPG system with a lot of ideas about equipment playing a large role.
Having tons of combinations that would produce different effects. Inspired somewhat by the Circle of the Moon tarot system, and a few other equipment systems. I was thinking of this more in terms of programming logic, and sorting different sets and classes of equipment in arrays, so I didn't really go anywhere stylistically or story wise.

RPG taking place in a modern day setting, like the Mother series, only more serious.
Didn't get far in this, semi-realistic setting with the addition of psychic powers, which would be pretty tame at first, but could ramp up later game.

91.8 inspired games.
I still plan on making some, so these'll remain top secret :P

Multiple Harry Potter games
I'm a huge HP fan, so I've had a number of HP game ideas over the years, some of which have merged and seperated from eachother over time. a few of them are:

A Princess Maker type Wizard Maker game/Toki Memo without the focus on romance with added gameplay elements.
I think a game where you get to create a witch/wizard and then direct their path of study and training in magical arts would be cool, with enough parameters, you could have really unique characters. I forgot what other gameplay emelents I wanted to add to make it a bit more interesting than just "direct studies/practice"

A Fighter
I think you could give a number of major characters enough of a personalized skill set to make a fighting game interesting. The novelty I think would be for most characters, there wouldn't be physical attacks, the regular attacks'd likely be weak generic spells.

An RPG
The gameboy games were ok, but the GBA game was my fav Harry Potter game, it was just too short(and off topic). I'd like to make an RPG that encompasses the whole story, maybe with dev tools to add stories to it ie make original characters locations quest lines. I think an RPG that came with a specialized RPG maker type tool could be cool, and fanfic authors could use it to make games of their fics, within reason. (Although RPG Maker itself might be better for that with a fanmade HP resource pack)

2nd RPG idea
Open world create your own character style. Kind of like GTA but an RPG. Plenty of options on what to do, time system to progress through years, some after school content to keep the game moving. Didn't have a lot of plot ideas for this, but the HP world seems really good for the type of sandbox gaming you usually attribute to 3rd person crime simulators. And while the 3rd person aspect could work for an HP type game, I think the depth an RPG system would lend to it would be able to give some life to the gameplay and choices.

I'm sure I have a number of other ideas I'll remember later. Let me know yours though!

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #2
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!
Re: Your Video Game Ideas!

Oh god, I wish I had some actual ideas. I just want more of a specific genre like survival horror. It's kinda hard to think of a game this in-depth, it seems easier to me to take an existing game and comment on what you'd want changed. I guess I'm not as creative as I thought. xD

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:53 AM   #3
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

The only idea I ever have is a Pokemon MMO that is well made and incorporates all the regions. I'd love to see it happen someday

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #4
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

Here are two ideas that I've had as of late:

A Megaman MMO where you gather up different parts and upgrades by exploring different ruins (ala Megaman Legends) and defeating a variety of robots. It would emphasize raids and pvp over grinding, as players team up with their own custom builds in order to either defeat powerful enemies and gain their powers/components or to defeat other players and salvage components from each other. Eventually the game would give you the option to split up into different factions, each with their own bonuses. Examples would be mavericks, who would have the ability to attack civilian targets and have their own minions, and hunters, who gain an xp boost when defending against maverick attacks. There would also be special abilities that can be earned by pledging one's allegiance to different key npcs. Examples would be gaining the ability to copy defeated enemy's powers for a set period of time if they should ally themselves with Dr. Light or being able to fuse with a companion robot to create a temporary super form if they were to pledge their allegiance to Dr. Wily. The customization options alone would make this game amazing for me.

An open world game ala Skyrim or the Fallout series with "hero characters" that interact with the game in real time. Depending on when and where you explore you could team up with these different characters to attack certain dungeons and even forge alliances. This would also allow for some dramatic reveals, such as entering a high level dungeon only to find the first floor or two already wrecked, until you finally come across the body of one of these hero characters in a particularly challenging room. I don't know about you guys, but I'd be pretty upset if a character I had grown attached to and teamed up with ended up dead in an remote dungeon, creating a desire for me to avenge said character. It's a tricky concept to implement, but by giving a game world "living" characters it would allow you to form some interesting relationships and ultimately influence how some people might play the game.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
HeikaHaku
Banhammer'd

HeikaHaku is meh

Christmas. I'd love to see that, too. However, there WERE some of those already. But, most of them received a Cease and Desist from Nintendo, due to their unofficial nature. So, it might be a while before an official one is ever released.

HeikaHaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #6
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I still want a Harvest Moon MMO. Shut up, Farmville is not Harvest Moon. D<

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:23 PM   #7
gannon133
Fan

gannon133 is meh

I was thinking about how the zombie games all involve killing zombies and not controlling them. So I was thinking maybe like a mix of RTS and first person shooter that rotates players in controlling the zombies one at a time and the others try and survive the swarm. Think like this: the game will have 4 players. one of them will control the zombies and the other 3 will try and survive the mob. the guy controlling the zombies will switch into different zombies and chose an action to make like crawlling or walk silently as examples. The match ends when all 3 survivors die or time is out. then another rotation starts.
gannon133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #8
Cheflelouch
A man chooses, a slave obeys

Cheflelouch is meh

Well inside my head there are a hole bunch of stories that I'm thinking (movies, series, short stories, animes, mangas, etc) there are so many that sometimes I mix them on to another
but there is a story that I have planed for years that I considered could be label as a game Idea
Its name its "level Zero, The Faker"

Proud to be MEXICAN

Cheflelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:40 AM   #9
Zero Gravity

Super-Fan

Zero Gravity will become famous soon enough

I kinda wanna see something laong the line of a 91.8 the fan fighting game similar to Guilt Gear or Marvel vs Capcom 1+2

Or a Megaman like plat former using 91.8 the fan staff members with each character having a different ability or road to the end of the level

Zero Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Elk

Mark from Canada

I've had some ideas for Megaman MMOs as well, I think they could work really easily. Although I think my idea is a little different from yours, I may detail an idea I had for one in the future. As for the open world moving clock idea, I really like it! It sounds awesome, though the depth of the game seems to be luck of he draw on who you run into.

A Harvest Moon MMO would be awesome, but how would you handle making it a multiplayer experience? How would you handle the space needed for everyone to have a farm, or WOULD everyone be a farmer. If not what else would there be to do. If so, I don't know how farming would make for a good multiplayer experience :S unless you could have clan farms, which would help issues with size a bit.

There have been some cool FPS RTS mixed genre games before. Having a zombie one sounds fun.

Here's what I have in mind for the Darth Chico game. This is all I have written down so far.

Abilities
Main: Pee and Jump
Squirrel: Dash and Jump
Dog: Bark and basketball fight.

The goal of the game is to outrun Elk while peeing on things, chasing squirrels, and playfighting with other dogs.

There will be a pee meter, which is refilled by getting water from water sources.
The score will increase on slightly exponential values while you pee, amking peeing longer more attractive than peeing on many things for a shorter amount of time. Emptying a full meter on one object will get bonus points.

At the end of each level you will enter squirrel chase mode, the closest point you get to the squirrel determines your bonus, catching the squirrel gets the max amount.

After the Squirrel bonus comes the dog fight. it will kind of be sumo mashy, gaining advantages through timing. Speed and victory will determine points.

There will be multiple ending screens depending on how many points you have at the end.
There will be three stages, Summer, Fall, and Winter. They will have the light brown squirrel, dark brown squirrel and black squirrel respectively. They will have Tiny Chihuahua, Rex(neighbours dog), and BullTerrier

Come on guys, I wanna see some detail to these ideas :P If you don't have any, think about the type of game you'd want and go in depth.

Last edited by Elk; 02-13-2012 at 02:53 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #11
grimdefeat

Fan

grimdefeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmas4477 View Post
The only idea I ever have is a Pokemon MMO that is well made and incorporates all the regions. I'd love to see it happen someday
me and some friends were talking about this the other day and after a ton of thinking we figured it needs to have every gen and more realistic gameplay like an aging system

grimdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #12
Bargain Gamer

Fan

Bargain Gamer is on a distinguished road

A Pokemon MMO would actually be relatively easy to design to, which is why I'm surprised no one has tried it yet. Using a standard Playstation console controller as an example control scheme you would use the d-pad to run around and the L1/R1 triggers to cycle through pokemon and the L2/R2 triggers to cycle through items, using X to send out a Pokemon, Circle to recall it, Square to use an item, and Triangle to use HM abilities/key items to bypass obstacles. Once you summon a Pokemon you would shift from the trainer's perspective to the Pokemon's in order to maintain player involvement. The control scheme would shift so that each of the four face buttons would correspond to your attacks, L1/R1 would be strafing and L2/R2 would correspond to healing items and pokeballs respectively. Pokemon would level up through battle as in any Pokemon game, and the trainers would have 6 tiers which would each effectively correspond to a 10 level marker. At each tier the player would unlock the ability to carry additional Pokemon with them, up to the recognized maximum of six. Gym battles would still be viable, as depending upon your team's level, player skill, and type advantages you would progress fairly steadily. PVP would be easily implemented as well, for obvious reasons.
Bargain Gamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #13
homie_jiraiya
Fan

homie_jiraiya is meh

so i came up with this idea a long time ago of a game set in the zelda universe with three distinct game modes as follows;

1. single player where you obviously control the hero of time and free the world from tyrany using the powers bestowed on you by the triforce(same ole same ole)

2. a three player mode with friends either online or localy featureing bothe the ability to chose between the different peices of the triforce teaming up with friends to use your unique abilities and strengths to advance with extra heavy puzzle mechanics(also dungeon delving)

3. finally online mmorpg where you can use skyrim-esque charecter creation to chose any of hyrules humanoid races, a weapon class system similar to soul calibur 3, and weapon and armor generation similar to borderlands

in the mmo would feature a war between all races culminating in the resurection of, wait for it ...GANON after wich the kingdoms would band together to stop his armies of moblins from taking over the world, all of these would have the visual style of twilight princess and have a vast overhaul of the hylian world so watcha think

homie_jiraiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:57 AM   #14
Elk

Mark from Canada

Since 1 is same ol same ol, I won't touch on that since I like Zelda, so obviously it's good

2 sounds a lot of fun, kind of like the 4 swords games but different.

3 sounds amazing!
The one thing I don't like about most MMOs is the control and skill system. Why don't people ever take the gameplay from a single player game and make it into a MMO? Having something like Zelda, but with an expanded universe and multiplayer would be awesome. Having the race war as the opening basis is cool, my only issue is when you try and tell a single player story in a multiplayer game everyone gets the same story at different times, which is fine for episodic content, but when it's overarching it seems kind of like a roller coaster ride instead of a story book, if you catch my meaning. The race war also sets up characters with (I assume) different ways of playing into a single group against the rest. which is kinda boring, unless you allow people to choose sides and make it more of a kingdom war. The odd Zora might defect to any country, same with Gorons, Hylians, Kokiri and Gerudo. The problem would be balancing them mainly... But it sounds awesome so long as it didn't become a WoW clone.

Old 02-14-2012, 04:29 AM   #15
ShadowSmidge

ShadowSmidge is meh

The one thing I feel is missing from the Fallout series is multiplayer, so how about an MMO? I think that it could work well if it played like the current games and they could still keep a main story like Star Wars did. I don't know (/Shrug) but I'd play it.

ShadowSmidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
grimdefeat

Fan

grimdefeat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSmidge View Post
The one thing I feel is missing from the Fallout series is multiplayer, so how about an MMO? I think that it could work well if it played like the current games and they could still keep a main story like Star Wars did. I don't know (/Shrug) but I'd play it.
I have heard there is a fallout MMO in the works right now dont know how much of it is true however..
personally I would like to see a unique game that takes abit of everything and melds it all into one gigantic story so like one level would be a shooter,one would be a brawler,etc etc...

grimdefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 PM   #17
JinnRemona
Fan

JinnRemona will become famous soon enough

A game idea that has been poking at my imagination for awhile is a full virtual FPS style game. Where you can literally set up a small scanner in the general area where you would play, and it would scan the entire area, object placement and terrain, and create a virtual world from it that could be seen through a pair of goggles. With different peripherals for shooting, grenades, ammo clips, etc, one could create a game like Call of Duty, but design it with different themes, and different peripherals for the different themes. You could set it to play Halo, or get a Sword, shield and other items peripherals, and play Zelda. It could even be set for multiple people, each seeing the game world from different perspectives based on the goggles they are wearing. This could lead to some nice team based gameplay.

The possibilities are only limited by the imagination of those designing the games. This is the kind of future I imagine for video games. Where we ourselves fully play the games, not just stare at a screen. Full immersion. Yugioh would be one that could easily benefit from this. It would literally turn into the anime, with the cards played actually coming to life before your eyes. Anyway, that's all I got.
Side effects of reading the above post may include nausea, headaches, itchiness, impotence, temporary blindness, weakness in knees, mild pregnancy, and a loss of faith in humanity. If death occurs, consult a mortician.

JinnRemona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #18
Shidohari
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Shidohari is meh

My idea would be for a sentai series (Power rangers/ Kamen Rider) type game.

The place would be in a parallel/mirror universe.

The earth is overrun by aliens that come from a place in the galaxy of this universe called the Voidrun. Their leader Lord Chaos and Lady Void invaded the Earth. Slavery and oppression are common place.

The main character would be one of those that found a 'seed of hope' left when the last of the defenders of the planet fell to the forces of the Voidrun. Their job would be to find the others that have the remining 'seeds of hope' and join up with them to take down the Voidrun forces. Main character can be either a boy or a girl.

Number of 'seeds of hope' can range from 3 to 6 and there would be the mecha/zords for the seeds of hope depending on the number of seeds. They could take general vehicle format or be based off animals or mythical beasts depending on the choices that the main character makes at the beginning of the story.

Enemies:
Lord Chaos - Animal Avatar is a black Dragon. Carries a long javelin type spear decorated with a chinese serpent type dragon with the mouth breathing 'fire' at the point of the spear and the body coiled around the spear pole.

Lady Void - Symbol Avatar a swirling multi armed void spiral. Has a magical staff and controls dark magic and void/gravitational energies to be used against her enemies.

Void Fighters - both Air and ground shock troops used in maintaining control of the planet's populace.

Void Commanders - Take direct orders from Lord Chaos and Lady Void. They give the orders to the Void Fighters.

Void Daemons - Can be summoned by Lord Chaos, Lady Void, or the Void Commanders

'Seeds of Hope' options no other descriptions yet.
Seed of Wisdom
Seed of Justice
Seed of Victory
Seed of Love
Seed of Unity/Peace
Seed of Heaven

Sorry I'm not very good with game ideas. I don't expect this to win, since not alot of people are into sentai series. But I hope you enjoyed.
Shidohari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #19
QUAZAR

QUAZAR is meh

I'd like to see a Bleach RPG where you can make your own character. You could set stats for your character like in Skyrim; there would be sword skill, intelligence, speed/flash step, kido, and stamina. You then place your character in any of the 13 court guard squads and depending on which squad you choose, you get a certain bonus. For example: if I put my character in squad 11, my sword skill and stamina would increase.
Then you could live out the life of a soul reaper. Go on side missions, visit the world of the living, train hard to achieve shikai/bankai, have a drink with fellow squad members, learn to heal from Squad 4, go to Squad 12 for intelligence, Squad 11 for strength, Squad 6 for speed and kido, and also play the main Bleach story line as well as the fillers. As you progress in the game, you can rise in the soul reaper ranks until you become a Captain.

QUAZAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #20
nerdwerld

Raptor Writer

nerdwerld is meh

My great game idea came with the technical tutorials of the Playstation Vita. Using the back panels to change elevations in that game with the race track. I'm thinking to myself that you could make a great rts map editor with that technology. The first good hand-held rts. I have always loved RTS games, and the idea has sparked a great game idea.

The fun, and inventive part will be the creation aspect of the game. The goal of the game is each player has a side of a map/area that they control. Your ultimate mission in the game is to keep your opponents army out of your base headquarters. There will also be other modes of play like capture the flag, head to head, team match, siege, and just kill the enemy modes.

You start out by going into the editor and creating a map. You can add walls, fortresses, towers, hills, mountains, rock, tunnels, and other terrain/buildings to defend your base which will be marked by a flag/rune/object. You can move the object as you see fit. The game will allow you to be as creative as you want. You start with a certain number of points to build units, but editing the terrain doesn't cost points, but adding man-made objects like tunnels will.

Players also will have a varying amount of units at their disposal, do don't just spend points on your defensive fortifications as theire will be units that can go against various defenses. The types of unit are the following:
  • infantry
  • heavy infantry
  • light infantry
  • archers
  • cannons
  • horsemen
  • elephant riders
  • flying units
  • spies/ninjas
  • scouts
  • medics
  • theif
  • heavy armored horsemen
  • aerial espionage
  • spellcasters

These units have varying special purposes on the battlefield. Infantry men are weak, cheap units that use spears, and are good against horsemen, but are weak to spell casters, heavy infantry, heavy armored horsemen, and archers. Heavy Infantry are stronger against other infantry, and archers, but weak against spellcasters and heavy infantry. Light infantry are cheaper and weaker than normal infantry, and only have daggers, but are cheap, quick, and cannon fodder. Archers are good against infantry, but weak against horsemen, and heavy armored units. Cannons can be used to destroy fortifications, or defend a base, but have low health, and easily swarmed. Horsemen are quick units, but spellcasters, and infantry can make quick work of them. Elephant Riders are strong units who are vulnerable to both archers and spellcasters, but strong against most units, and have the most health of all units. Flying Units, varying on the actual army you use are weak, fast units that can infiltrate towers, gates, and elevations rather quickly. Scouts do not fly, but are good at sneaking past enemies, and have a strong range attack with crossbows. Although weak, a medic can bring a unit back to full health, but can be easily ousted by enemy attacks. Like scouts, the ninja/thief can sneak past the enemy fortifications, but can also assassinate enemy units, but after that they are seen, and can perish rather quickly. Heavy armored horsemen are strong, fast units that only perish by spellcasters or Elephant Rider's assault. Aerial Espionage are stronger than air units, and can also assassinate enemies, but they are not invisible at any time, and are susceptible to ranged attacks. Spellcasters have weak hp, but a strong range attack that most units fear, but enough force can bring them down.

There you have it. I could use some help fleshing the idea out more.

nerdwerld is offline   Reply With Quote