You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 04-12-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
TehScribbles
Duel Wields Staplers

TehScribbles is meh
Xenoblade

So awhile back while I was looking for Kos-Mos (Xenosaga) stuff I can across this new game.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/143/14354769.html

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/sx4j/index.html

Trailerhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jprj4XB1LV4

From what I read, the game's story revolves around these two gods which are locked in battle forever in time. There are three(?) tribes on these gods where they live and are constantly fighting. The story takes place on the corpses of those two gods. One god is nature-y type while the other is Machinery. You start out on a foot of one god, I think it's the nature one from what I remember. Some hope of the use of vertical construction seems to be tossed around little. I think this is where big items don't have to load as slow? I'm not familiar with programing. It seems little is know about the battle system but that it might be close to FF12's battle system, (from what others are saying and guessing). Also another main focus of the game is swords, giant swords, colorful swords, etc.

Originally called 'Monado: Beginning of the World' the game was re-named 'Xenoblade' because the designer Tetsuya Takahashi also wrote Xenosaga and Xenogears. Nintendo felt like his work should be recognized so they re-named it 'Xenoblade' The music is Yoko Shimomura, who is known for her Kingdom Hearts soundtrack. Not bad although many people were expecting Yasunori Mitsuda. Digging around for more information about the game, I found that we have two controller options for the game, classic or Wiimote and numb chuck deal. Interesting idea having an options nowadays since there are many ways to play a game. After translating some French site, I'm guessing (not sure), but about 70 hours of game play for the main quest, 100+ for everything completed. This can be both good and bad since some people like long games while others tend to get bored with them. The release date is set sometimes in June (10th) for Japan. No US Version is announced, but you can probably bet on one since the Wii is finally getting more RPGs.

Some pretty pics,
http://media.wii.ign.com/media/143/14354769/imgs_1.html

Thoughts, options, questions? I know I have alot of them.

I think it's great that the Wii is getting more RPG's but I sad since the graphics are alittle on the older side. I'm happy and sad at the same time that it's not related to his older games, (loved Xenosaga so much!) but a new start isn't bad. I'm excited this will be a long game, more items to explore and complete the better! I'm sad no Yasunori Mitsuda this time, but Yoko Shimomura is still amazing. The Kingdom hearts sound track was addicting! I'm hoping for the battle system not to end up like FF12, I hated the blue line across my screen every five seconds. I'm liking the classic/ numb chuck deal this way I can switch between if I feel like being active that day or lazy. Also giant red colored swords seems cool enough! Okay I have to stop being distracted, this 10 page Research paper won't write itself!

What do you think? ya or nah?

TehScribbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 08:11 AM   #2
Zehutsumei
Fan

Zehutsumei is meh
Re: Xenoblade

I managed to play a bit of the Japanese version. The graphics look about on par with a mid-life PS2 game, and the controls are a little... strange. Combat is automatic, yet not. It's hard to describe.

Zehutsumei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
xenoblade