Welcome, Guest
It seems you're not logged in
You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of
Late Night Stink - Leno and Conan

Well, if you follow the late night circuit like I do, you'd know by now that NBC is trying to move Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' slot to 12:05AM, effectively moving Jay Leno back to his previous 11:30PM slot.

It seems that the Winter Olympics are what are to be blamed here, however that doesn't mean Leno really needs to take back his 11:30PM slot.

For those that aren't familiar with the whole late night thing, around June of last year Conan O'Brien successfuly became the new host of The Tonight Show, a show previous hosted by Jay Leno for 17 years. After Conan finally got the Tonight Show slot after 17 years on Late Night, Jimmy Fallon took over Conan's previous show and Jay leno moved to the 10:00PM time slot (a prime time slot) with his show, The Jay leno Show.

The "stink" is that Conan doesn't wish to move from the 11:30 slot, stating that it'd be destroying a great franchise. He'd rather do something else than host (what would really not be) The "Tonight" Show at 12:05AM.

So, as far as rumors go, people think that Leno will again take back The Tonight Show (since his current show is set to end in February), but most of the situation is unknown other than the fact that the NBC is trying to "fix" their schedule. It is unknown where Conan is going to go, or even if the whole thing will go through.

I'm of the opinion, as of late, that it's all just a big advertisement thing and they're just trying to raise both show's viewership. I just say "oh well" and go watch letterman anyway.

Your opinions?

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:08 PM   #2
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road
Re: Late Night Stink - Leno and Conan

Same here, NBC has been one of my top favorite networks of all time and I hate that all this is happening.

The Jay Leno Show was an experiment that tried to bring variety and interviews to a prime time slot. They were trying to see if a show that doesn't cost that much to make can do well in primetime but as we can all see, it was a failed experiment. I know personally that because of the show, our local NBC affiliate, WSAZ, is losing viewership and money. Advertisers are not going to stick with something that no one is watching.

I really wish Conan would stick with the Tonight show because I think that he has been doing a very good job with it. I truely think that Jay Leno has his hands around someone's junk because for some reason, he is getting all this special attention from NBC, when the smart thing to do is to take his show off and leave The Tonight Show where it is. Leno left the show, Im sorry his show did not do well but it happens.

That's also not fair to Jimmy Fallon either if they are going to push the times back. Just stop trying to center everything around Leno and drop him, people seem to be showing more support for Conan anyway.

Last edited by XIamSogekingX; 01-20-2010 at 03:10 PM.
XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Well, a similar stink occured when both Leno and Letterman were gunning for The Tonight Show slot themselves, so much so that Letterman ended up at CBS, with Conan taking over Late Night.

Leno seems to have some pretty powerful lawyers.

Did you see Kimmel's parody of Leno earlier this week?

Old 01-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
XIamSogekingX
Fan

Indeed I did. Everyone has been getting in on this.

Conan has told some really good jokes during all this.

"I use to watch The Tonight Show when I was a little kid and I said to myself, ""One day, Im going to be the host of the Tonight Show for 7 months""..."

Old 01-20-2010, 07:16 PM   #5
Oni
Banhammer'd

"What are you talking about, NBC has great executives! Ah ha ha ha ha ha haaaaa~" -stare-

"Hey guys, soon I'll be available for children's parties!"

Oh yeah, I went and actually found his Craigslist entry. I was surprised it's legit.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
XIamSogekingX
Fan

Yeah the Craigslist entry was funny

Have you seen the SNL sketch where Seth Meyers made an analogy about NBC having two wives?

Here is the video of it.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #7
G U R U
Fan

G U R U is meh

Conan is the man. I hope he doesn't get screwed but it's looking that way.

G U R U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #8
Oni
Banhammer'd

Despite despising Fox, I do hope they pick him up.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #9
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

I think Conan Should give em all the finger and come host a show on 91.8 The Fan! :3 We Know he is down with the animes!

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #10
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

I'm with CoCo

Screw Leno, screw NBC.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 10:29 AM   #11
Sandgolem

Matoi Stalker

Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Sandgolem is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

@Elk, I'm also with CoCo

Sandgolem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #12
mitamaking

mitamaking is meh

Listen I am on Conan's side but I think Jay Leno is getting a bad deal. He lost his show too, NBC tried to fire him but he had a good contract.

It is all NBC's fault.

mitamaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:44 PM   #13
victorious0702
Fan

victorious0702 is meh

I havent watched TV(cable) in years now but Conan was my favorite, i really do hope he does get another show, so when i do come back to the world of television(non anime) I will have something to look forward to.

victorious0702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #14
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

It was obvious that there was an agreement reached. Conan is the funnier man in my opinion, but the guy got thirty two million dollars, I think he'll be alright for the next seven months until he does get a new show.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 04:59 PM   #15
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgolem View Post
I think Conan Should give em all the finger and come host a show on 91.8 The Fan! :3 We Know he is down with the animes!

Oh, you know he is.

Quote:
It was obvious that there was an agreement reached. Conan is the funnier man in my opinion, but the guy got thirty two million dollars, I think he'll be alright for the next seven months until he does get a new show.
I have a feeling that 32 million won't be able to cover the costs of his hair.