You can do that Here
Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
ace8489

The Mod Squad

ace8489 will become famous soon enough
Sub Vs Dub which do you like

This is just cause i like to hear what people watch sub or dub and why they like it that way.I like dub because I don't like to read my anime and its hard to watch sometimes will you looking at the subtitles at the bottom.

So what do you like and why

Edit: The opinions expressed in this thread are not necessarily the opinions of the company "91.8 The Fan" and its owners. Any discussion of dubbed anime is presumed to be legally viewed by means of either streaming through various streaming sites, such as Hulu, Joost, or YouTube. Any mention of anime watched via means of illegal activities is not condones, nor supported by 91.8 The Fan or its owners.

-Kibs

Last edited by Kibs; 01-14-2010 at 10:39 PM.
ace8489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:07 AM   #2
XIamSogekingX
Fan

XIamSogekingX is on a distinguished road
Re: Sub Vs Dub which do you like

I know I am more of a sub person just because I dont like the restrictions of language and certain scenes when watching it on TV. You can usually get a uncut version when you buy the DVDs and that will make up for it but my over all thing for watching sub over dub is just because I like the japanese voice overs better then the English ones. The closer you can get to the original idea and direction, the better it is.

XIamSogekingX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #3
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX View Post
I know I am more of a sub person just because I dont like the restrictions of language and certain scenes when watching it on TV. You can usually get a uncut version when you buy the DVDs and that will make up for it but my over all thing for watching sub over dub is just because I like the japanese voice overs better then the English ones. The closer you can get to the original idea and direction, the better it is.
I agree. I usually prefer subs as well, but there have been series where I prefer the dub, such as Code Geass. The Gurren Lagann dub wasn't bad either.

PSN: mark_as_RED

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 09:49 AM   #4
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold

I prefer dubs, but I will watch subs. I just like hearing the English voices.

christmas4477 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #5
XIamSogekingX
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 View Post
I agree. I usually prefer subs as well, but there have been series where I prefer the dub, such as Code Geass. The Gurren Lagann dub wasn't bad either.
Indeed. I like the dub of Death Note and Please Teacher.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
MechaTamago

MechaTamago is meh

There are a lot of good dubs and equally bad dubs, there are a few Japanese dubs that I didn't like and there were some that I did like. But if I had to choose, I would have to go with dubs because they work just as hard as the Japanese voice actors to make it work.

MechaTamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #7
Force-A-Nature
Fan

Force-A-Nature is meh

Dubs. Like to watch not read. Though, I'll do subs if I HAVE to see it. Like Baccano! (Whose dub is pretty badass).

i play dat tee eff two

Force-A-Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
Kercon

Kercon is meh

For me ..... hmmmm ....... If dub is good I can do with it but most of time subs ^_^

Kercon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

It depends, it usually depends on what I watch first. I enjoy subs a good deal of the time, but I love hearing my favorite voice actors in America. So it more or less is the mood I'm in.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:02 PM   #10
FFHellDragon
Fan

FFHellDragon is meh

I like both about the same, Sometimes i prefer the Japanese with Subs because i like the voices better than dub or it isn't available in Dub.
(Subs don't bother me, i can read fast and still take everything in so i have no big problem)

Dubs are good too because you can sit back and relax a little bit more since you don't have too keep closing in to read subs and i like hearing my favorite Voice Actors! ^^

FFHellDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Halfmetal-lich

Halfmetal-lich is meh

The Voice Actors have gotten far far better and many series are getting very good with the voice acting. Detective Conan's dub and Full Metal Alchemist are both. "Slam Dunks." when it comes to the cast.

I like subs, but if the dub is great, like those two mentioned above. I'll prefer the dub.
Halfmetal-lich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #12
Shadowblade Edge
Banhammer'd

Location: Texas, you know, that place that's better than wherever you live.

Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold Shadowblade Edge is a splendid one to behold

Well I like both, but I prefer subs, not because they're better, but because it's the original.
Shadowblade Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:52 PM   #13
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Both, because I'm not a nitpicky son-of-a.

And no, I don't prefer either one over the other. I couldn't care less where the animation came from, I mean, I didn't watch Code Lyoko in French (yes, I watched that).

Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #14
ace8489

The Mod Squad

ace8489 will become famous soon enough

wow I'm glad to see that everyone is nice about it I was worried that people might go over bored and be like "subs are the best dubs suck ROAR!!!" but its good to see that everyone is cool with both subs and dubs and not closed minded and think only the on is good and the other is crap.

ace8489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #15
Elk

Mark from Canada

Elk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post
The Voice Actors have gotten far far better and many series are getting very good with the voice acting.
This. Unfortunately, I haven't really seen a lot of dubs lately, but the ones I am seeing are better than I remembered. In my day, the only dubs I preferred over subs were Golden Boy, Fushigi Yuugi, and Bebop was a tie. There were a number of good dubs, but they were close to the quality of the Japanese dub, and like someone else mentioned, I preferred getting closer to what the original intent was. Back then my ranking system would be sub > manga > dub.

But now the quality of dubbing is much higher, so it's manga > sub = dub.

Elk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 PM   #16
XIamSogekingX
Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oni View Post
Both, because I'm not a nitpicky son-of-a.

And no, I don't prefer either one over the other. I couldn't care less where the animation came from, I mean, I didn't watch Code Lyoko in French (yes, I watched that).
Yay I remember those days. Indeed, I never watched that series in French either (though I did check out some clips from unaired stuff that were in French).

I too also like the Fullmetal Alchemist dub but my problem lies in how they didn't leave the openings alone on TV. I really like the first opening of FMA. I like them all and the second one is good too but I just wanted them to have all the openings like they were supposed to be shown.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:12 PM   #17
Oni
Banhammer'd

Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of Oni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by XIamSogekingX View Post
Yay I remember those days. Indeed, I never watched that series in French either (though I did check out some clips from unaired stuff that were in French).

I too also like the Fullmetal Alchemist dub but my problem lies in how they didn't leave the openings alone on TV. I really like the first opening of FMA. I like them all and the second one is good too but I just wanted them to have all the openings like they were supposed to be shown.
I presumed that they couldn't acquire the rights to the first and third opening songs, so they were forced to use the second and forth. But, I enjoyed those openings anyway. xP

Old 01-11-2010, 12:56 AM   #18
Kanashimi

Moe Maid

Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND! Kanashimi is OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAND!

Haha, I like a lot of older dubs actually because I think there's a lot of heart in them such as the 3X3 Eyes or Golden Boy ones. For both they just seemed to work, and felt naturally. Ah! My Goddess the OVA had a good classic dub I've always adored, specifically since the two main characters were actually married. That's chemistry you can't make up.

Kanashimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:06 AM   #19
黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」
Fan

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Haha, I like a lot of older dubs actually because I think there's a lot of heart in them such as the 3X3 Eyes or Golden Boy ones.
I love the Golden Boy dub! I found it much more fun, and SO EDUCATIONAL! ^_^

PSN: mark_as_RED

黒と赤「KUROtoAKA」 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 AM   #20
Oni
Banhammer'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanashimi View Post
Haha, I like a lot of older dubs actually because I think there's a lot of heart in them such as the 3X3 Eyes or Golden Boy ones. For both they just seemed to work, and felt naturally. Ah! My Goddess the OVA had a good classic dub I've always adored, specifically since the two main characters were actually married. That's chemistry you can't make up.
Of course, let's not spoil the plot for any potential watchers now, right?