Or Register
91.8 The Fan

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #1
Catilena1890

Catilena1890 is meh
Pokemon B&W Team Builder's Guide *possible spoilers inside*

WARNING!

This thread may/may not contain spoilers for Pokemon Black and Pokemon White. If you have not yet played the games and do not wish for any surprises to be ruined for you, turn back now.

918thefan staff have the right to close this thread at any time.

So, in the Black&White games, you don't get access to any pokemon from generations 1-4 until AFTER you beat the initial phase of the game. Until you beat the top 2 Team Plasma leaders, you are pretty much stuck with 5th generation pokemon, not that there is anything wrong with that.

So to help you, the beginners new to the game, figure out your best team so that you can level them as high as possible before the final showdown, me and the people in this thread are gonna give you suggestions on pokemon for your team. The longer you keep your team with you the stronger they will be, so listen up!

As for the rest of you, what pokemon did YOU take the time to raise to take on the Elite 4 and the guys after them? What made them powerful enough to take them on?

My Initial Team:

Started with: Snivy

Snivy and it's evolutionary line are fast and durable. What they lack in level-up attacks they make up for in speed, defense, and TM MoveSet. I took a Lv. 45 Serperior into the Elite 4 the first time around with Leaf Tornado, Leaf Blade, Strength and Dragon Tail and she was dang-near unstoppable

Follow-Up Team:

Swoobat: A fast pokemon with a wide set of moves, Swoobat is definitely worth the hard work it takes to raise. Unfortunately, it doesn't have the greatest Special Defense. One super-effective hit against it will usually kill it, if not take it to the red. However, its speed more than makes up for it, and if it can move faster than it's opponent, it stands a very good chance of doing serious damage.

Scolipede: Of all the pokemon I raised in Black, only Serperior matched the dependability of my Scolipede. It looks big and bulky, but Scolipede is very fast and very powerful. If you can get a Venipede with the ability Poison Point, you have got a heavy-hitter in the making, especially if you teach it Venoshock. I also suggest teaching it a fighting-type move because of its massive speed and attacking power.

Terrakion: After you find/catch Cobalion, you`ll be able to go after its brothers Virizion and Terrakion. If you can catch Terrakion, it'll be a hard-hitter and, if leveled properly, can even take a super-effective hit without going down. Terrakion will come in handy when you go up against those nasty flying type foes, which was the bane of most of my team.

Sawsbuck: Not only did it come in handy as a Deerling against the Driftveil gym leader, but it kicked butt, especially after it evolved. Good Speed+Good Defense+Good Attack=Powerhouse Pokemon. Short of a speedier foe with a type advantage, almost nothing is going to make a Sawsbuck even flinch, let alone faint.

Druddigon: I`ll admit, I haven't actually USED a Druddigon on my pokemon black version, but if GPX and Opalucid Gym is anything to go by, Druddigon is DEFINITELY a must-get pokemon. It has a super-high defense and special defense, and it is a pure Dragon-type pokemon, so it comes with a lot of immunities. It`ll be able to make a lot of damage and come out of a battle nearly unscathed.
In a world that has enslaved dragonkind and their riders, the Dragons of Pern face holders whom harvest them and their young for food. Some riders and dragons have fought back, and have fled the cruelty of the North. They hid away in the Southern continent where they founded the weyr of Vulnera. It's a man eats dragon world out there, will YOU join the fight to protect the dragons?

Old 03-21-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
christmas4477

Smugleaf

christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold christmas4477 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pokemon B&W Team Builder's Guide *possible spoilers inside*

You know, this looks an awfully lot like something that Jubi and I wrote, which you can find on the front page. http://918thefan.com/2011/christmas-...on-whiteblack/

Old 04-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
EagleEyes

Fanatic

EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of EagleEyes has much to be proud of
Re: Pokemon B&W Team Builder's Guide *possible spoilers inside*

I used a Carracosta o.o

That is all.
Closed Thread